HFC/Weightmans Advice

mazel01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

mazel01

You have asked for and received a lot of advice in this thread. I dont claim any expertise in this area, but I do KNOW that its wise to take account of all the advice you get, even that which is contrary to what you might want to hear.

I would sit down and very carefully go through what has been written, and attempt to clarify exactly what your position is - not what you'd like it to be, and then make your decisions based on what might in reality be going to happen, not what you think might.

Any reading of any of the threads which have gone to court will reveal that judges are people, not machines, and their view of the world might correspond with the contary advice you have had.

Then again it might not - but dont just close yourself of from contrary argument - it might help you think better and counter it better if you do have to speak out in a courtroom.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mazel01

You have asked for and received a lot of advice in this thread. I dont claim any expertise in this area, but I do KNOW that its wise to take account of all the advice you get, even that which is contrary to what you might want to hear.

I would sit down and very carefully go through what has been written, and attempt to clarify exactly what your position is - not what you'd like it to be, and then make your decisions based on what might in reality be going to happen, not what you think might.

Any reading of any of the threads which have gone to court will reveal that judges are people, not machines, and their view of the world might correspond with the contary advice you have had.

Then again it might not - but dont just close yourself of from contrary argument - it might help you think better and counter it better if you do have to speak out in a courtroom.

Thanks volvodriver for your comments, I really appreciate it.:wink:

I did have reasons to add my last post!:)

Have you phoned the court to see if anything has been filed? You need to keep on top of that incase they try and get a default judgement. Give them a ring - the staff are usually really helpful. If they haven't filed anything let us know.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Did you notify the court regarding the details of what you thought had been agreed between you? I was re-reading the order and it says that failure to enter negotiations by either party could mean that the court could impose 'sanctions' whatever that means in a court sense. I think you need to show the court that you have been entirely reasonable in this.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 2 months later...

Update on situation

After lengthy negotiations we agreed a settlement last week...I am happy with the monthly instalment & obviously they are.

They told me last week that they will now write to the court for them to seal the agreement. My question is, if we have agreed this out of court why are they asking the court to seal it or is this normal procedure?

• 2 months later...

HI i was hoping somone might be able to help my husband lost his bussiness a year and half ago which resulted in us losing our home at the time we also fell behind with a loan we had with hfc bank we phoned them on several occasion to agree a lower monthly payment none of which they would apcept they sent us papers asking for a charge to go on our home i said no as his was my husbands loan not mine and i did not want it going on our home our home was repossed in jan 08 we moved and sent hfc fowerding adderss but heard nothing from them when my husband checked his credit report on october 08 he had a ccj which was from the loan from hfc we contacted the court and was told that weightmans had took it to court for hfc.

But how can this be done with out his knowing on monday of this week we recived a letter at our new address and one which we sent to hfc when moving a letter from weightmans

saying WE ENCLOSE BY WAY OF SERVICE AN INTERIM CHARGING ORDER TOGETHER WITH A COPY OF APPLICATION.

This is saying that they are to go back to court on 2 june 2009 to place a charge on are already repossed home can this be done.

also the amount my husband borrowed was 7000 and the letter says he now owes £12918.61.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE OFFER ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT:confused:

HI i was hoping somone might be able to help my husband lost his bussiness a year and half ago which resulted in us losing our home at the time we also fell behind with a loan we had with hfc bank we phoned them on several occasion to agree a lower monthly payment none of which they would apcept they sent us papers asking for a charge to go on our home i said no as his was my husbands loan not mine and i did not want it going on our home our home was repossed in jan 08 we moved and sent hfc fowerding adderss but heard nothing from them when my husband checked his credit report on october 08 he had a ccj which was from the loan from hfc we contacted the court and was told that weightmans had took it to court for hfc.

But how can this be done with out his knowing on monday of this week we recived a letter at our new address and one which we sent to hfc when moving a letter from weightmans

saying WE ENCLOSE BY WAY OF SERVICE AN INTERIM CHARGING ORDER TOGETHER WITH A COPY OF APPLICATION.

This is saying that they are to go back to court on 2 june 2009 to place a charge on are already repossed home can this be done.

also the amount my husband borrowed was 7000 and the letter says he now owes £12918.61.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE OFFER ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT:confused:

If your husband was made bankrupt did he include this debt? I would contact the Official Receiver or whoever dealt with your bankruptcy.