BOS Preference account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Has anybody claimed for credit care on this.

Have decide to start going through all old accounts. We had two Bank of Scotland preference account cards (those things that are given out with loans and pretend to be bank accounts)

we got these with loans that we took out. One was for £1000 and the other for £1500. both had credit care and so did the loan.

We have in the past made a claim for the loan but as the cards were paid off we didint need to claim on these.

Also had a Mortgage in 2002 with BOS and remortaged to somebody else between 2003 and 2004. We were charged £695 redemption has anybody claimed these with any sucess.

Sorry but there are just too many pages to go through.

Thanks

Hi, Olive.Family.

It might be worth your while having a look through the successes...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-if-successes-2.html

You might find something in there to help you.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

I have tried to do a bit of digging around on this site and cannot seem to find anybody claiming from thses guys.

My husband has taken out two loans in the past both times has taken the Bank Of Scotland Preference Account Cards. These are credit cards that act like bank overdrafts. we want to claim the creditcare cover back from both of these as we were under the impression that when we took out the loan credit care that would cover the cards aswell. Appparently not as they both have individual cover. Whilst we are at it though was also thinking about the charges.

My question is as Bank of Scotland say it is like an overdraft will it be treated like a bank account and put in the waiting pile for the test case. Or is it really a credit card.

Hi. Have a nosey on the Royal Bank of Scotland thread on the main page. There are posts on their about BOS as well. Ask your question there as someone else might know the answer and have the same cards. :)

Keep an eye on this post to incase someone comes along with theanswer.

Hi

I have tried to do a bit of digging around on this site and cannot seem to find anybody claiming from thses guys.

My husband has taken out two loans in the past both times has taken the Bank Of Scotland Preference Account Cards. These are credit cards that act like bank overdrafts. we want to claim the creditcare cover back from both of these as we were under the impression that when we took out the loan credit care that would cover the cards aswell. Appparently not as they both have individual cover. Whilst we are at it though was also thinking about the charges.

My question is as Bank of Scotland say it is like an overdraft will it be treated like a bank account and put in the waiting pile for the test case. Or is it really a credit card.

Hi

Hi there Olive.family

I had one of these accounts. I haven't tried to reclaim charges, but I did sent them a CCA request and they haven't been able to send anything at all. I think it would be worth your while doing the same thing. I got my account years ago after I'd bought a car with finance. I paid for the car and didn't use the card for years until things got a bit difficult for me. If you got your card in similar circumstances then it's a racing certainty that they haven't got any kind of agreement at all.

Here's the link to my post on the Preference account: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/123491-fred-bassett-bos-bos.html#post1280259

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi there Olive.family

I had one of these accounts. I haven't tried to reclaim charges, but I did sent them a CCA request and they haven't been able to send anything at all. I think it would be worth your while doing the same thing. I got my account years ago after I'd bought a car with finance. I paid for the car and didn't use the card for years until things got a bit difficult for me. If you got your card in similar circumstances then it's a racing certainty that they haven't got any kind of agreement at all.

Here's the link to my post on the Preference account: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/123491-fred-bassett-bos-bos.html#post1280259

Regards.

Fred

Thankyou Fred Basset (these are my fave by the way)

The cards have actually been paid off but can no longer be used as we have defaulted on the loan. So surprisingly we dont actually owe anything on this one (about the only thing we dont owe). So I thought as we seemed to have credit care on both of them, and as we thought these were an extension of the loan that we also had credit care on, it may be worth trying to get it back. Whilst we were at it i wondered if we could claim charges aswell.

Will read your post though. Thanks

Hi Olive,

This thread may shed a little light http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/127371-definition-preference-account.html but I have to say, information on the 'Preference Account' is very sketchy - even on the BOS website itself! However, the op in the thread I've linked you to do was told by BOS that it isn't a bank account........ so I'd assume that the best route to take (if reclaiming anything on this type of account) would be to treat it as a 'credit card account'.

Hope this helps - best of luck :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 months later...

3 threads merged.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.