Weightmans/HFC County Court Claim

Hopeful1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what? like pinning the tail on the donkey:p:lol::lol::lol:

Guess thats a new way of putting it! Shame to equate DCA's & Creditors with donkeys though.....what have they ever done to you????:D:D:D

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Guess thats a new way of putting it! Shame to equate DCA's & Creditors with donkeys though.....what have they ever done to you????:D:D:D
its not what they have done to me, the question should be what have i done to them:lol::lol::lol:

and funnily enough my favorite saying is that " im going to fillet their donkey for them"

its not what they have done to me, the question should be what have i done to them:lol::lol::lol:

and funnily enough my favorite saying is that " im going to fillet their donkey for them"

Lol!! No I meant shame to demean donkeys to the level of a DCA or Creditor lol!:D:D

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

• 2 weeks later...

YAY happy0141.gif..................

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Are you trying to tell us something Hun?

Sorry, trying to do work stuff and got to dash out soon. Things are moving along positively but will have to wait until it is all finalised before i post more.

Watch this space ;)

Sorry, trying to do work stuff and got to dash out soon. Things are moving along positively but will have to wait until it is all finalised before i post more.

Watch this space ;)

I know what you mean, :)

YAY happy0141.gif..................

Are you trying to tell us something Hun?

:D.. so, it is either good news or the local water supply has been infused with happy juice :D:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hopeful1

Would love to know the outcome

Hi Humbleman

I'm sorry to make all this sound so intriguing. My own paranoia means i want to wait until everything is signed and sealed until i divulge exact details.

The upshot is there is no great victory but a solution has been reached that has the least amount of an impact on my family. The frustrating thing is that this same solution could have been reached long ago before legal proceedings were started.

Those who read my posts will know i am not about avoiding my debts. I am about repaying what i owe, but i also want to be treated fairly and will be not bullied, harrassed or expected to pay ridiculous charges.

I am content i have done the best i can in difficult circumstances. I'm still watching your case, Humbleman and wish you the best of luck ;)

Those who read my posts will know i am not about avoiding my debts. I am about repaying what i owe, but i also want to be treated fairly and will be not bullied, harrassed or expected to pay ridiculous charges.

I am content i have done the best i can in difficult circumstances. I'm still watching your case, Humbleman and wish you the best of luck :wink:

Pleased to see that finally there appears to be a solution you can live with.

Best of luck with it.

David

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

An agreement was reached and i am now bound by a Tomlin Order. The monthly repayment figure and outstanding balances are ones i suggested many moons ago, but hey, they got there in the end :rolleyes:;)

The only thing to be settled now is the solicitors charges which will stick in my throat but they are still being negotiated by my solicitor.

My main focus at the moment is to repay as much of my debt off as fast as i can. I will be sure to make additional payments on this account to clear it as soon as possible. I don't like the threat of court hanging over me, but more importantly, i don't want to give them the satisfaction - yes that stubborn bit of me is still there :p

I want to say a final HUGE thank you to everyone that has given me moral and practical support throughout the whole of this. Thank you to those who didn't post on the thread but read it quietly and sent me pms.

I particularly need to thank Paul, for the huge input he has made, particularly with the defence. It was Paul who helped me keep my head together when all this started and dedicated so much personal time to helping me. ;)

Very best wishes to everyone and good luck with your own personal battles. Now i am off to continue with mine....Cabot / MBNA are in the firing line at the moment. I have got to say i am quite enjoying it :razz:

The only thing to be settled now is the solicitors charges which will stick in my throat but they are still being negotiated by my solicitor.

So after all of that, you are back where you started months ago.

The only one who got anything out of it, (apart from your satisfaction, for sticking to your guns and not being railroaded), is the solicitor, who obviously advised the OC to go down this road to start with.

Says a lot about them.

Glad you are sorted on this.

David

Hiya Hopeful1

Am so glad this nightmare is at an end for you x

Sorry not to have replied sooner but I haven't been too well.

I couldn't understand the bit about the Solicitors costs having to be "worked out" though - as mine were added on the same day and included in the Tomlin Order by the Judge there and then (and were very reasonable too).

I do hope the Solicitors' don't try to rip you off with these :Cry:

Love & hugs

SG x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I just got a tomlin Oorder as well with tesco and Cobbetts. The Judge did his best to negate the Solicitor's charges for me.

Well done as you got what you wanted from it.

Cups;)

• 10 months later...

Hi all,

I was searching the forum as I have a desperate problem with Weightmans/HFC, and found this thread. I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

I bought a computer from PC world and was made redundant soon after.

I became surrounded by debts and soon the calls started coming. Most of my creditors were understanding and although they couldne do anything other than noting my contact, they at least were sympathetic.

HFC on the other hand were rude and demanding. Then I received a letter with the intended court action. Today I have a CC summons. I have 14 days to reply and acknowledge or defend myself.

I am now in such a bad state that, dare I say it, suicide is an option!

Can anyone please give me any advice?

Hi There, don’t despair as most of us have been in the same boat at some point. You need to decide what you want to do.. challenging them would be the best advice.

You need to send the Solicitor a SAR and get all the info they have on your records, if any. It will cost you £10.00.

Also you need to request the CPR…as it’s at court level now. This is your right!.

See link.

Please make sure you send all post recorded or Guaranteed delivery…proof you sent the docs an so on.

You need to see the signed agreement and make sure they have executed it correctly.

Don’t get to down as at the end of the day they can’t kill you or chuck you to the lions.

Keep this thread updated and ask away if you get stuck or need advice.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

Hi There, don’t despair as most of us have been in the same boat at some point. You need to decide what you want to do.. challenging them would be the best advice.

You need to send the Solicitor a SAR and get all the info they have on your records, if any. It will cost you £10.00.

Also you need to request the CPR…as it’s at court level now. This is your right!.

See link.

Please make sure you send all post recorded or Guaranteed delivery…proof you sent the docs an so on.

You need to see the signed agreement and make sure they have executed it correctly.

Don’t get to down as at the end of the day they can’t kill you or chuck you to the lions.

Keep this thread updated and ask away if you get stuck or need advice.

Hi Scousepie,

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what a CPR is?

Thanks

Hi Scousepie,

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what a CPR is?

Thanks

Have a read of this link,,, all good advice CPR= Civil Procedure Rules. you can Google it under Legal.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/159445-getting-them-reveal-their.html

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA