• Tweets

• One of the things that we will need to discover through a statutory subject access request is how they verified the identity of this mystery person. Presumably that person couldn't actually give any ID so does that mean that the inspectors simply took her word for it? It will be useful to know the answers to these questions because all of these companies have duties to process your personal data accurately. If they failed to do that then they could be liable to you for the distress caused as well as any other damage. I'm just trying to envisage a scenario where a ticket inspector stops a young woman who then says that she's been travelling without a ticket. The inspector asks her her name and address and she gives the false name and address. The inspector then asks her to verify this by identification. The woman then says that she is not carrying anything with her. What happens at that point? How does it work? Does the inspector then have to take your word for it and warn her that she will be contacted with a possible sanction? If that's as far as it goes, then it seems a bit ridiculous to me that you stop somebody for travelling without a ticket – evident dishonesty. Then they give the controller their name and address which can't be verified and so the controller has to accept that and on that basis a procedure is started against the named person on the basis that the contact details which were given at the time must be true – even though that person has already demonstrated their dishonesty by travelling without a ticket. Or, are we going to find – if there is a statutory disclosure, that this person is travelling around with some documentation which identifies her as you, your husband or one of your two daughters? Which of course would be very much more serious. This is why we want a list of the rail companies – as much information as possible so that we can start forcing them to disclose information about how this all occurred. I will also be interested in sending an SAR to action fraud to see what they have done with your allegation which you made some time ago and about which you never heard anything further.
    • Evening all,   Right, just spoke to my SIL at length.....................   In response to Andy's question regarding T's & C's, that answer remains the same. The staff MORE cards and general public's cards both had the same T's & C's.   As for when he started the unofficial swiping practice, his best guesstimate is around September 2015.   Another development during our conversation, I asked him if he ever asked customers for their permission to swipe his card to claim their unclaimed points. He said he never actually asked but some regulars would forget their cards sometimes and tell him to take the points. Also, Stonegate would sometimes have promotions like half price food and drinks etc. However to claim the offer you had to have a MORE card. Again, if regulars had forgotten their MORE card he would use his for them to get the offers. I know this doesn't help his cause but in case its relevant I thought I'd offer it up.   I have impressed upon him the urgency of this now so if any more info is required just ask and I will get it.   Cheers
    • The company is called Robinson Way, it was a Barclaycard credit card.   I  moved about 12 months after Barclaycard stopped replying to my letters (re the charges, 2013) - so I did not tell them about my moving, but at the time of the original debt I was living back with my folks; so this most recent letter was sent to there, and my folks forwarded it to me - and likewise, if they had sent me anything in the interim it would have been forwarded to me.
    • I do agree with you.How sad I am right now . I wish I could go back. Mg7  
    • No way I will be doing this again. The way I’m feeling now. stealing doesn’t pay what I’m going through right now , it’s really hard. I wish I could have learned the first time. thank you for your help.   mg7  
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3731 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If they're paying for the call, see how long you can keep them on the line - by giving them random 4 digit combinations that don't end. "Hang on. I'm just giving you the 38th set of 4 digit numbers you want!".

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

We should have a weekly award for the best effort...

Unfair! none call me anymore :( I have no idea why :???:

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Same here Locutus, no idea why...:confused:

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Had an automated call from Blair Oliver yesterday...

Female Computer voice: "This is an urgent call from BO for Miss XXXXX if you are Miss XXXXX please press 1 on your keypad, if not please press 2."

Me being annoyed: "I don't have a keypad, my phone is from 1940 so it only has a dial!"

FCV: "I'm sorry I didn't understand what you said"

Me playing along: "I'll explain again, have you seen the old movies where the phone rings and it's a big black thing with a dial on the front? Well that's what mine looks like."

FCV: "I'm sorry I still don't understand so am going to have to terminate this call, goodbye"

I didn't know old phones were so hard to understand! :D

We used to have a dial phone :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

I haven't had a call on my house 'phone for yonks. That is mainly because I have been quite successful in giving all of my creditors a voicemail number and they all ring that instead. Well I say all, but the only ones that have tried were Capquest who rang me about 120 times in the first few months of the year. Little did they know that on occasions they were ringing variously either themselves, a local cab company, South West trading standards and the national dogging hotline.

Now and then I'd put the call through to my home number just so I could tell them to go forth and multiply.

Here's a list of some of them:

CapquestCalls4-1.jpg

I'm expecting some action soon though as I've just cancelled a standing order to Cabot for one account where I discovered it was sold to them without the OC issuing a default notice.

Regards.

Fred

Edited by Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Duplicate post for some reason.

Edited by Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all

(just a shameless bump)

Just remember to keep smiling and ask if you need help. :-)

I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter, cos I come from Lincolnshire, and I can drive a tractor.

CCA sent to robinson way Halifax cc. 22/02/07~Sold on to Aktiv Kapital~How can you take them seriously when they can't spell properly

Data Protection Act sent to HBOS Current Account 22/02/07~All quiet

Over 2 yaers I've been a member~Doesn`t time fly when your having fun~or beating DCA's at their own game

Of course...I changed them this morning :D

Yes I know DD, but, due to recent events beyond my control, I now wear boring white briefs, not my usual thongs an' things :p

You are neglecting your duties. You are supposed to give updates for the lads. :D

You know, I was thinking that the other day DD lol :D She hasn't posted them in a while. Hopefully she'll be fully recoverd soon :)

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I just found this on another humourous web site (with b 3 t and a in its name)

Quite a few years ago (mid-1980s) a friend of my grandfather had a dispute with the Inland Revenue over his tax return. Letters were exchanged with increasing ire on both sides until the elderly gentleman snapped and started writing two or three letters a day to the Revenue. They replied, demanding he stop writing to them so often. He then took it to the next level and started putting the stamps on the envelopes in odd places (halfway down the back, upside down at the bottom below the address). As the story was told to me, this meant that the letters had to be hand processed by the Royal Mail as the sorting machine couldn't read the stamp. So the Royal Mail attach irate notes to the letters asking the recipient to tell the person writing to them to put the stamp in the right place. Sure enough, the next letter my grandfathers friend gets has a PS asking him to ensure that he stamps the envelope correctly.

My grandfathers friend considered this request, mulling it over in the British Legion, then promptly sat down and wrote five letters to the Revenue with the stamps all over the place. Again they write back to him. This goes on for some time. Eventually they cave in, accept they made a mistake, refund his money, and plead with him to correctly address and stamp any letters to them.

This OAP anarchist had one last letter to send. He got a large envelope, put a stamp smack bang in the middle, wrote the address in a spiral around it, and enclosed a single sheet of paper that said:

"Dear Sir,

Hey diddle diddle

The Stamp is in the middle

yours sincerely,

Annoyed OAP"

Seems like a DCA baiting plan...:wink:

Nationwide - Prelim sent 02/07 - MCOL filed 04/07 CHARGES SETTLED IN FULL!!

Woolwich- Prelim sent 04/07 - Offered 90% - 06/07 accepted

MBNA - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 03/07 - CCA reply (illegible + no T&Cs) - DCA sent packing - Restons now trying - gone quiet

Citicard - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 04/07 - replied 04/07 No contract & not enforcing!- passed to 1st Credit- gone quiet

Egg - Prelim sent 02/08 - 3 letters - full offer 03/08 SETTLED IN FULL!!

(All starry, rep, clicky thingies gratefully received!)

*sighs*

At least I don't work there anymore and so don't have the finger pointed at me anymore by folk 'in the private sector' (where I am now). Thank goodness for that!! I still feel an obligation to stand up for those who still work for government departments who I worked with. Everybody has their own opinion, but seeing my friends struggle the way they have over the years and be berated for it, well, I wish me and all the wonderfull people I worked with had worked for these places where living is easy. But remember folks, these places exist in the public secter too ;).

I had flexi. Oh yes. SUPER flexi. When I left there were no core hours. This didn't mean that you didn't go to wortk please understand, you still had to do your hours and most people were over due to the need for overtime to clear work. We were adults and managed phone cover so that there were allways enough people in at any given time. Was it a bonus, yes, but not only because we could work around our lives (people with kids benefited the most) but also because we could stay late and get the work done. As for career breaks, we had them too, but you had to be either having one for child rearing or other family difficulties such as caring for a sick relative. Where I worked you didn't get a career break to go travelling unless you were telling serious porkys. Each department is different and have their own rules, but that's how it was where I worked.

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Ohh, I know, anything in the DM should be taken with a large pinch of salt, I only buy it on Sats cos I like the weks TV guide magazine, and I feel the need to have my Blood Pressure raised onnce a week, so obviously sensationalism must rule, but some of the observations do seem to ring true in this climate?

*BB beats VD upside the head with a copy of the DM* :D

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3731 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you