• Tweets

• I know that it's probably hard to believe that a bank would compensate people for anything without pressure to do so; but in my mind I actually think that with the current climate. Banks particularly are trying to help people; they are losing money hand over fist because they are losing wealth from people who are suffering due to furloughs and job loss etc. Perhaps it would be more humane to not doubt so quickly and actually believe that although in the most part banks are ravenous scavengers and lets face it £25 is nothing but a token effort I probably could have claimed thousands through the PPI scheme. But I chose not to. Money isn't everything. I have enough going on with my life without filling out unneeded paperwork. Traipsing through my financial history etc. Just bank the damn cheque and don't be a fool lol. £25 buys you a nice bottle of bubbly for Christmas and how many scammers are willing to give you money in order to take it. I work in IT and if you also look at the redirect of the details of the URLs that you were given in the letter they are legitimate and not spoofed. I don't bank with HSBC/First Direct anymore and from the sounds of it neither do many of you. Are you suggesting that hackers could infiltrate every banking network in the world if this is a scam???? 
    • Hi thanks for your comments. I wondered if you were hinting at a CCJ, so I _just_ checked. There are no records for me at the address I was living at the time, or subsequent. I know that means a CCj could have been made more than 6 years ago so it wouldn't show, but I should have been told about it at the time.   As for HSBC, I just cheked the final demand that gave a combined total for teh current AC and CC, it gave the account numbers of each. The cheque received has a different last four digits ie, the account they quote is not know to me.   However, that's by the by. Is there anything I can do to permanently put an end to the processing of my data. I have not had any contact with any creditor/chaser since 2010 after I told them to take it to court, and only the letters I mentioned above since then - one in 2018 and one a few weeks ago. It's totally unfair that my details are being bandied around 10 years later. They had the chance in 2010 to take it to court and chose not to, but 11 years after the account was closed, my data is still being processed and passed around. That's what I'm angry and concerned about. I was confident back then I could beat them, what I don't want is the aggro comin back, or them haunting me for evermore.
    • Oh and cant confirm this, but allegedly .. Despite clinical NHS staff still struggling to get flu jabs, and non-clinical NHS staff still mostly NOT got them allegedly SERCO staff all got theirs no problem ..
    • I received one of these cheques also. I received a £50 cheque but it was because I had two accounts. I have a feeling that these are compensation for people who did not claim PPI. I am guessing no-one on this post claimed for PPI.... I also checked the address on the letter and it's an HSBC related insurance business. 
    • well ideally you need to ensure you never move without informing the debt owner in writing. we've seen many backdoor ccj's attained this way , typically we advise say 7 yrs since last use or payment.   as for this HSBC refund, it can't open any wounds as already explained. HSBC had a nasty habit of merging, sometimes even without the debtors knowledge , all their debts into what they called a managed loan, this also got a new account number.  this could be why no-one is recognising their now new A/C number indicated on the refund.    
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3728 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I'm wearing bright pink lacy ones :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

white comfy knickers.

Syco seems about right for Simon Cowell

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

lol... :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Please dont tell me Capquest are now a public limited company

Send to: -

Ms J. SIMMS,

Q&A Officer,

Capquest Plc.,

Fleet 7,

FLEET, Hampshire,

GU51 2QQ.

Whatchya testing car2403? :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Whatchya testing car2403? :p

This thread doesn't appear correctly to me. Trying to figure it out before I pass it over to the IT bods. I didn't, so have done. Er, I work in IT, too. :eek:

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA

Not according to companies house webcheck site, but that is only updated at weekends so it might be out of date if it went plc just recently :confused: Worth checking again next week.

For your information:- Noted as : - Capquest Debt Recovery Limited, Registeration No: - 3772278. CC Act licence No: - 475757, straight off one of their letter Heads.

Regards Mike.

imageresizer.jpg

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Today I'm wearig black lacy ones :D

me too :p

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Today I'm wearig black lacy ones :D

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If capquest are a plc, I must buy a few shares

and then be a most difficult person at the annual meeting

Perhaps we could all chip in and make CAG members the majority shareholder.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Err...this tells you something we already knew.

Metropolitan Police Service - Crime mapping

It seems as if all the motorways are low or no crime areas.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

The Thames appears to be also.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the money group on the phone. I normally answer but don't talk. This time I was rehearsing the song oliver from oliver the musical and it just happened to be at the bit where oliver say's "Please Sir I want some more". I just the phone down and sang in my best operative voice, "DCA, DCA never before has a DCA wanted more". For some reason they hung up! My voice isn't that bad!!8)

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

Nice one .. Now put it on Youtube for us to listen to .. ;)

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Today I'm wearing black lacy things trimmed with white lace :D

not particularly cheeky, but did rip a robinson way chimp to shreds a just before xmas, it's the wifes account for next where they have admitted no cca (lovely) the wife gave me the phone and after a few min he threatened a doorstep collection, to which i just said no you can't

chimp: yes sir we can can call on you

Me: no you can't do you know the law,

chimp: yes sir i know the law and we sent you a thingy last week explaining the situation

Me: really and what does the legal term thingy relate to then

after a few flustered exchanges i asked if they could just send thingys in future instead of calling

he hung up:D

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3728 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you