• Tweets

• Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement. View the full article
    • If you are absolutely certain* that you were parked OK, write a letter of complaint to the Headteacher and copy in the Chair of the school governors.   If you or the car were identifiable in any way from the photo (eg visible registration number, driver's face etc) I would very politely write that you resent the untrue suggestion that you had parked/had stopped/were waiting in a way that contravened any traffic regulations, and that you are sure that the school will understand that you would like an apology and a correction to be printed in the next newsletter.  (You can also clearly state that you were identifiable from the photo because other parents have mentioned it to you).   See if that works.   You don't want to go to court for defamation as you'll need access to about £10k in fees before you get out of bed.  You just want an apology and a correction.  If what you've told us is accurate, I don't see any reasonable school failing to say sorry.     *My wife is a former school governor and my experience listening to her is that very very few parents actually understand the meaning of the no stopping/no waiting signs and road markings outside schools.  Don't complain unless you are sure you weren't stopped where you shouldn't have been.
    • And they haven't offered a speed awareness course either?  (Have you done one in the last three years or is this in Scotland?)   And is one of the notices for 34 in a 30?  As Man in the Middle says, that ought to be below the level at which they take action.   (And sorry - I don't want to appear preachy - but...  there don't have to be any warnings or signs or lines on the road to advise you of the presence of speed cameras.  If you get away with an exceptional hardship argument you will need to stick to speed limits in future - whether you know there are cameras there or not.  NB Don't know if this applies to you, but most 30 mph limits are restricted roads with a system of streetlighting and don't even need speed limit signs - you are assumed to know this from the Highway Code).
    • It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.   We'd prefer you didn't.   But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.   So please    - post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)    - post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)    - also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out    - upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo    - also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?   If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Huh.....:confused:

I've lost half my 'posts' I went Platinum yesterday and now I've reverted to gold..:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cos posts are not counted in here.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I've lost half my 'posts' I went Platinum yesterday and now I've reverted to gold..:(

Looks like we have all lost lots and lots of posts......am sure was over 2500 yesterday 8)

@ babybear - am watching Dispatches tonight too - could be interesting ;)

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

oooppss - yep :rolleyes:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

All that hard work:(.... I'll have to start being helpful now..:grin:

I hope you like your new garden Babybear

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

I think it's a shame to move the thread here as newbies won't find it and if we have to point them in this direction other posters may not like it :(

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Has anyone told Mr.ton yet......he'll be devastated!!!:eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

That programme about the undercover guy at Merlins, DCA, has just finished on Channel 4:eek::eek::eek:

The DCA itself did us all a favour but the interviewer and interviewee were so flipping weak, I could scream:eek:

So few acts and laws and regulations quoted, it was almost as if this programme were in favour of DCA's. Wonder if any true reporters would like to buy my Truecall recordings???:mad::mad::mad:

I think it's a shame to move the thread here as newbies won't find it and if we have to point them in this direction other posters may not like it :(

I'm very disappointed it's been moved to the bear garden. I only found this thread because of the DCA forum......not this one. Why now - that's what I would like to know. I know it goes off topic (a bit.....) BUT nevertheless.....:rolleyes:

Received a text message from RMA please ring us urgently on 0870............. or reply to this message and someone from this office will contact you. Well I was a tad p*****d off today so I sent them this message.

Bugger off ref no........... is in dispute with Barclays since Apr. I won't be paying anything til I see a copy of the agreement. Do Not contact me again I know my rights thanks to CAG:D

Must admit I've really shocked myself, thanks to all you on here for giving me the courage:lol:

I missed it.

Agree with you all, we should go back to the debt forum. I very seldom look in the bear garden unless it's one of Fred's postings.:D

Not been on the forum much recently as I am trying to do two full-time jobs!!! I'm sure it's already been on here, but I was so pleased to see Truecall got investment on Dragons' Den.

DD

Gawd all my threads will end up in the bear garden if the new criteria is put them here if they have a few jokes in them :rolleyes:

I think on balance, if a thread has been in place for over 18 months it was in the right place, humourus postings aside this thread does have a lot of serious information that was usefull where it was and will be missed in the bear garden

Edited by Castlebest
Gawd all my threads will end up in the bear garden if the new criteria is put them here if they have a few jokes in them :rolleyes:

I think on balance, if a thread has been in place for over 18 months it was in the right place, humourus postings aside this thread does have a lot of serious information that was usefull where it was and will be missed in the bear garden

I fully agree.

It NEEDS to be in the debt forum!

I fully agree.

It NEEDS to be in the debt forum!

If someone would like to trawl through all 7065 posts and identify the

"serious and valuable" information then I will be happy to split the posts into two different threads.

Somehow, I suspect that any useful information would have been lost in the "off topic" posts.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Why now to move the thread? It's been happily at home in the debt forum for over 7000 posts :confused:

seriously now, agreeing with babybear, needs to go back to the debt forum - we need popular demand guys, petition to the site team - P-L-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

seriously now, agreeing with babybear, needs to go back to the debt forum - we need popular demand guys, petition to the site team - P-L-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!

You have my vote that's 2 of us...

Come on everyone who's a fan of this thread vote with your fingers and say so here :)

Ok but before it goes back in the debt forums I will remove al the off topic stuff. I will let you know once I have sorted it. (I may be some time)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

What are you going to call it?

Maybe something like "Cheekiness towards a DCA on topic post."

Or did you mean the off topic posts thread?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Both...Will we need to re subscribe to them?

Hey Spam

Your headstone is cool.

I thank you.. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you