• Tweets

• Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement. View the full article
    • If you are absolutely certain* that you were parked OK, write a letter of complaint to the Headteacher and copy in the Chair of the school governors.   If you or the car were identifiable in any way from the photo (eg visible registration number, driver's face etc) I would very politely write that you resent the untrue suggestion that you had parked/had stopped/were waiting in a way that contravened any traffic regulations, and that you are sure that the school will understand that you would like an apology and a correction to be printed in the next newsletter.  (You can also clearly state that you were identifiable from the photo because other parents have mentioned it to you).   See if that works.   You don't want to go to court for defamation as you'll need access to about £10k in fees before you get out of bed.  You just want an apology and a correction.  If what you've told us is accurate, I don't see any reasonable school failing to say sorry.     *My wife is a former school governor and my experience listening to her is that very very few parents actually understand the meaning of the no stopping/no waiting signs and road markings outside schools.  Don't complain unless you are sure you weren't stopped where you shouldn't have been.
    • And they haven't offered a speed awareness course either?  (Have you done one in the last three years or is this in Scotland?)   And is one of the notices for 34 in a 30?  As Man in the Middle says, that ought to be below the level at which they take action.   (And sorry - I don't want to appear preachy - but...  there don't have to be any warnings or signs or lines on the road to advise you of the presence of speed cameras.  If you get away with an exceptional hardship argument you will need to stick to speed limits in future - whether you know there are cameras there or not.  NB Don't know if this applies to you, but most 30 mph limits are restricted roads with a system of streetlighting and don't even need speed limit signs - you are assumed to know this from the Highway Code).
    • It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.   We'd prefer you didn't.   But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.   So please    - post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)    - post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)    - also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out    - upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo    - also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?   If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I think it was me and the video of the puppets singing "I want to play with a DCA" to the tune of "YMCA"... they've decided its now dedicated to Robinson Way.

AW sorry my bad.....you know the rumour mill on CAG!!

I could have sworn I Saw him dancing in that new 'Brighthouse Family' Vid though ...what was it called now? oh yeah...'Shafted'....:p

(do I hear a cagbot :?:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im sworn to secrecy on the whole thing ;)

PMSL ;);) :lol::lol:

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

To bloody right! Also, with CAG being broken before, have had to come on late to get me fix lol

Hardcore ;):eek::eek:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

not quite only the only ones daft enough, i also told thanks to reading this thread a company called "albion" that i could not play for them on saturday coz i was off to the pub to watch rangers v celtic on a rare saturday off... i love this site, when i get back on my feet will make a large donation as should everyone who can afford it

I thought you were already getting your fix & plenty of hardcore Clemma ;)

:eek::eek:

I get me fix daily - but everything else has to wait till next month :lol::lol:

You know too much......:p

not quite only the only ones daft enough, i also told thanks to reading this thread a company called "albion" that i could not play for them on saturday coz i was off to the pub to watch rangers v celtic on a rare saturday off... i love this site, when i get back on my feet will make a large donation as should everyone who can afford it

Am glad you found this thread helpful. It's because of this cheeky thread that I found confidence to deal with DCA's and other companies.

Peeps should only contribute if they can afford to though. For me, it has taken a while, but am in a position to do so soon :)

EDIT - forgot mr ton was lurking in the thread........HUGE thanks to you :D

I sure do...but dont worry, im a man of my word & sworn to secrecy :p

:-D:-D ;)

:D

EDIT: Was very drunk last night/early hours this morning.......

Edited by clemma
Drunken posts!!

This is probably a repetition of thoughts, but it never ceases to amaze me that the process of passing the buck seems to be still prevelant amongst the Dark Forces.

You send a CCA, its defaulted by DCA(1) Then DCA (2) appears and so on ad infinitum ad nauseum.

Obviously the DCA DONT tell the next one that that they cant comply, and so it grinds on. Perhaps, DCA 2 and DCA v2 to 3 etc etc should sue DCA( who couldnt supply the CCA) under the Trade Descriptions Act or somesuch :)

Or are DCA's so stupid that they dont query an account passed to them for its veracity ( this is a rhetorical question)

Now there's a thought DCA chasing DCA

Can you imagine **** phoning *** 15 times a day and shouting at them

I Can lol

Once a debt is disputed, it is unlawful for a DCA to try to enforce it whilst ever the dispute is ongoing. The whole industry needs proper sanctions against the companies that break these rules!

If a DCA got charged £2000 every time it broke harrassment laws or tried to enforce a disputed/none-existant or settled debt this whole practice would end in a heartbeat.....

But there again so would our fun :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

well thanks clemma we're only waiting and in this mess because my wife is a student nurse and currently due to NHS cutbacks finding it hard to get gainful employment now she's finished her course but screw all the DCA's as the whole country's bankrupt anyway!

well thanks clemma we're only waiting and in this mess because my wife is a student nurse and currently due to NHS cutbacks finding it hard to get gainful employment now she's finished her course but screw all the DCA's as the whole country's bankrupt anyway!

Ewwww... Nooooo... Bleugh....They're all staffed by spotty oiks. I'd rather die an old maid :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

The image is just tooooooooooooo vomit worthy........:eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

screw all the DCA's

You know when you do that thing when you're half sick and you're left with that taste in your mouth?......:shock::evil:

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

screw all the DCA's

This could result in a severe multiplacation of DCA's ....... Do we really want that? :eek:

I believe in Darwins theory...let them screw themselves and die out naturally.....should be extinct soon if Caggers get their way.:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

:-o:-o:-o

Good news is that, through their own reckless actions, a number of them seem to be already doing that too themselves.

David

1st crud and MH, allegedly :pAnd another in leeds or so I've heard rumoured :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Just out of interest, how tough are Fredricksons?

Had aletter from them today usual bs about telephone now pay now etc

This is on a defaulted CCA, so will reply appropriately, but no NOA received from OC and freds say pay them/ they are instructed by OC

How does that stand?

They're a bunch of pussycats lol. Easy to deal with. But they don't accept a christmas card as payment over the phone. I know, I have tried. :D

And you might get a letter from Bryan Carter too, as he's connected with Freds.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you