• Tweets

• Massive issues from Scottish Power I wonder if someone could advise next steps. Tennant moved out I changed the electric into my name I was out the country at the time so I hadn't been to the flat. During sign up process they tried to hijack my gas supply as well which I made it clear I didn't want duel fuel from them but they still went ahead with it. Phoned them up again. a few days later telling them to make sure they stopped it but they said too late ? had to get my current supplier to cancel it. Paid £50 online to ensure there was money covering standing charges etc eventually got to the flat no power. Phoned Scottish Power 40 minutes to get through they state I have a pay as you go meter and that they had set me up on a credit account so they need to send an engineer out which they will pass my details onto. Phone called from engineer asking questions , found out the float is vacant so not an emergency so I have to speak to Scottish Power again. Spoke with the original person from Scottish Power who admitted a mistake (I had told her it was vacant) and now states that it will take 4 weeks to get an appointment but if I want to raise a complaint they will contact me in 48 hours and it will be looked at quicker. Raised a complaint , complaints emailed me within 24 hours to say it will take 7 days till he speaks with me. All I want is power in the property would I be better switching over to EON who supply the gas surely they could sort it out quicker? One thing is for sure I will never bother with Scottish Power ever again.    
    • Hi. Please don't follow McD's advice to contact Met to appeal. They won't listen and you could end up giving them helpful information. HB
    • The UK-based mining giant Anglo American says it has received a takeover proposal from Australia's BHP.View the full article
    • who gave you the NTH? who was it sent to? thread title updated dx  
    • blimey CAG gave all that FREE help over +6mts and +100 posts and they never even bothered to comeback...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was just thinking that myself, a very good year :)

I think we should all buy a telephone recorder, phone up a random DCA and have some fun with them, then we could put them on here for our amusement. I volunteer to go first, someone is acting on behalf of Shatwest, I had an empty account they started to put charges on every month, it is up to about £500 overdrawn now and I haven't paid in a penny since last August lol! It's a shame they haven't bought it, I could have recorded the conversation where I tell them they have bought some unenforceable charges.....

Edited by 389shell
That many mistakes, I wonder if I had my eyes shut when I typed it?

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

It's not looking like a good week for DCA's and the banks.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/185601-cabot-another-big-nail.html

The Consumer Forums - Announcements in Forum : Debt Collection Industry

The Consumer Forums - Announcements in Forum : Debt Collection Industry

Looks like we've finally got the on the run. 2009 looks to be a good year for CAG members.

The banks can huff & puff all they want...but the consumer is gonna blow their house down eventually. :mad:

Well now I'm out of work again, I'm hitting Shabbey and Tatwest for £1600 in charges and interest using the OFT's thingie on hardship, to try and get them to cough up some cash. After them losing the appeal, they might decide to cough up, as I've been giving them loads of hassle for the last 18 months.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Well now I'm out of work again, I'm hitting Shabbey and Tatwest for £1600 in charges and interest using the OFT's thingie on hardship, to try and get them to cough up some cash. After them losing the appeal, they might decide to cough up, as I've been giving them loads of hassle for the last 18 months.

Sorry to hear you're out of work *hugs*. Hope something comes along soon for you.

Sorry to hear you're out of work *hugs*. Hope something comes along soon for you.

Thanks. Been applying for about 30 different jobs over the last week and a half. What amazes me is how few respond when you apply. First 6 applications I did were wednesday last week, and not a single one of them has responded, even though I sent my CV, covering letter, and copies of references. I wish the DCA's were like that. :D

A DCA that has a call centre near here is recruiting. I might try and infiltrate and see if I can find out any good gossip to post here. I won't put on my CV that I'm savvy with OFT guidelines, CCA74, CPUTR 2006. That will be of no interest to them.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

A DCA that has a call centre near here is recruiting. I might try and infiltrate and see if I can find out any good gossip to post here. I won't put on my CV that I'm savvy with OFT guidelines, CCA74, CPUTR 2006. That will be of no interest to them.

:lol: pmsl.....

The banks can huff & puff all they want...but the consumer is gonna blow their house down eventually. :mad:

Is there any letter templates on the site to send to banks to start the ball rolling regarding refunding charges.

The Halifax will wonder what hit em. £35 a pop for charges, i must have about a grand comin :D

Is there any letter templates on the site to send to banks to start the ball rolling regarding refunding charges.

The Halifax will wonder what hit em. £35 a pop for charges, i must have about a grand comin :D

In the bank section of the forum there's a library post with all the templates you need to reclaim charges.

Been using them myself to help Abbey part with £1300 in charges 8% interest + court costs (when the time comes)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

In the bank section of the forum there's a library post with all the templates you need to reclaim charges.

Been using them myself to help Abbey part with £1300 in charges 8% interest + court costs (when the time comes)

Just a grand? They took that off me in 1 month. I asked them to suspend 10 direct debits because I had not been paid. They failed to do so and bounced each direct debit 3 times in 1 month - charging 35 per pop. Total charge 1050 in one month!!

Go into a Halifax branch & ring their customer relations on 08457 25 35 19

Run up their phone bill not your own...i use their phones to ring everyone like the water,gas,elec etc....:D

Do note that you have to "exaggerate" abit on how much hardship you are under as a result of the charges & show it on the i & e form they will send you (i didnt need to send any proof, just told a load of fibs on the form)...believe me it worked. :razz:

Within couple of weeks they crumbled & offered me £91 refund....thanks very much......oh & ran up their phone bill for the added satisfaction as well :D

Just a grand? They took that off me in 1 month. I asked them to suspend 10 direct debits because I had not been paid. They failed to do so and bounced each direct debit 3 times in 1 month - charging 35 per pop. Total charge 1050 in one month!!

Most of that was for 2 months worth. I abandoned the account, otherwise it would have been a lot higher.

My next door neighbours is a real good one. 3 accounts amounting to about £3k on each and statements for all 3 going back to 1990. Running them through the spreadsheet to calculate the 8% interest was very interesting. By the time that lot is reclaimed, I don't think they'll have to worry about the mortgage payments and I'll get a few months supply of free beer.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Go into a Halifax branch & ring their customer relations on 08457 25 35 19

Run up their phone bill not your own...i use their phones to ring everyone like the water,gas,elec etc....:D

Do note that you have to "exaggerate" abit on how much hardship you are under as a result of the charges & show it on the i & e form they will send you (i didnt need to send any proof, just told a load of fibs on the form)...believe me it worked. :razz:

Within couple of weeks they crumbled & offered me £91 refund....thanks very much......oh & ran up their phone bill for the added satisfaction as well :D

Better yet, set up your own premium rate number and call that from the Halifax. Make money out of them!!

My faves have been my Lowell ones-

1) when i just kept playing my MR T keyring down the phone to them - SHUT UP FOOL - made me laugh but they hung up

2) when I was asking them to answer my security questions to prove they were Lowell, again they hung up

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Haven't had any silly calls from DCAs in a while as our house phone has been kaput since December, doesnt bother us as anyone who needs us phones on our mobiles...

Great news about the banks, they should 'do the decent thing' and not waste any more of OUR money (now we are bailing THEM out) and pay up when asked.

Abbey National and RBS already have my claims - worth about £3k in total.

Next door neighbour came up with a good one today -

he's been having some hassle from BorinScum, Why? and Cun'pany.

"We will be sending someone out to see you"

So I suggested the "revocation of licence" letter.

He said:

Nah, I'm gonna put a sign on the gate - £30 entry fee.

Carpe Jugulum

Fuzzy can u give use a link to the oft hardship thingy please.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I'm just wondering if he can get away with clamping them for non-payment!

I'm making some gingerbread men tomorrow. Moorcroft are supposed to be visiting sometime next week. So I intend to hand them a gingerbread man with a message on the back of it in red icing.

"F off, this account has no enforceable CCA."

I had to get out the 8" gingerbread man cutter to be able to fit all that on easily.

It's ok though. I'll bill them for the visit afterwards.

If they do turn up, I have a video camera set up all ready.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Now that i would like to see ;)

Go Fuzzybobble!!!!!!!!!!

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Now that i would like to see ;)

Go Fuzzybobble!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt they'll turn up though. Only DCA visit I had was Moorcroft in 2001 when I belived DCA crap in the pre cag days.

I have been on Moonpig.com and sorted out a nice card to send to uncle bob and chums at 1st Credit, to congratulate them on their recent OFT slapping.

I'm off to bed now, to dream up some ideas for a new fuzzybobble video. Also a bit drunk due to celebrating the recent good news against the banks and DCA's. And I helped a friend win against Brighthouse, and aquired a collection of full lager cans as a result of this. Hic. :D

The recycling truck is due on monday, so I have a very busy weekend ahead of me.

Aluminium cans in one box. Steel cans in another box. And I spend 3 days turning lager into water, and 3 hangovers.

I think my new Halifax/Iqor/ agreement/ default notice, thread will have to wait until after the weekend. Shame as they said legal action would commence tomorrow (Ie thursday this week). lol :p

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks