• Tweets

• Wayne Ting, chief executive of e-scooter firm Lime, says there's room for improvement. View the full article
    • If you are absolutely certain* that you were parked OK, write a letter of complaint to the Headteacher and copy in the Chair of the school governors.   If you or the car were identifiable in any way from the photo (eg visible registration number, driver's face etc) I would very politely write that you resent the untrue suggestion that you had parked/had stopped/were waiting in a way that contravened any traffic regulations, and that you are sure that the school will understand that you would like an apology and a correction to be printed in the next newsletter.  (You can also clearly state that you were identifiable from the photo because other parents have mentioned it to you).   See if that works.   You don't want to go to court for defamation as you'll need access to about £10k in fees before you get out of bed.  You just want an apology and a correction.  If what you've told us is accurate, I don't see any reasonable school failing to say sorry.     *My wife is a former school governor and my experience listening to her is that very very few parents actually understand the meaning of the no stopping/no waiting signs and road markings outside schools.  Don't complain unless you are sure you weren't stopped where you shouldn't have been.
    • And they haven't offered a speed awareness course either?  (Have you done one in the last three years or is this in Scotland?)   And is one of the notices for 34 in a 30?  As Man in the Middle says, that ought to be below the level at which they take action.   (And sorry - I don't want to appear preachy - but...  there don't have to be any warnings or signs or lines on the road to advise you of the presence of speed cameras.  If you get away with an exceptional hardship argument you will need to stick to speed limits in future - whether you know there are cameras there or not.  NB Don't know if this applies to you, but most 30 mph limits are restricted roads with a system of streetlighting and don't even need speed limit signs - you are assumed to know this from the Highway Code).
    • It's up to you if you want to pay £300 you don't owe plus whatever Unicorn Food Tax with no basis in law whatsoever that they will have made up in the Letter Before Claim.   We'd prefer you didn't.   But you have received a LBC so it's make your mind up time.   So please    - post up photos of the signage in the dark that you'll have taken two months ago (post 14)    - post up details of planning permission for their signs you'll have found out after you got onto the council, again two months ago (again post 14)    - also let us know if you agree with Brassnecked's excellent letter or if you'd like to tweak bits depending on what you've found out    - upload the LBC.  Some of them are appallingly drafted and invariably contain Unicorn Food Tax which is all useful extra ammo    - also, where are you living now (post 35) and are you comfortable with legal communications arriving at your parents'?   If you look in our PPC Successes thread at the top of the page, you will see 275 times these cheats have been seen off with their tails between their legs (and all had the same "well known legal companies" (ho! ho!) on hand).  In reality 275 times is a massive underestimate, in all 275 cases there was a "moment of victory" IYSWIM where the PPC were thrashed in court or discontinued a claim or were called off by a supermarket chain, etc., etc.  There will have been at least that number again where they were told to Foxtrot Oscar and then crawled back under their stone.  They are eminently beatable but logically when you're in legal dispute you have to put some graft in to beat the other party.
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Yawn......Link Financial STILL haven't phoned me back :rolleyes: I've been sitting beside me phone in anticipation for no reason ;) Do you think, perhaps, they may have been telling porkie pies about the bailiffs?

HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!

Link are members of the CSA and as such abide by the rules. They would not threaten something like that.

Oh look its another flying pig:D

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: ODC......good job I never believed them in the first place :D

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Just posted this on another thread following the news that Aktiv Kapital is about to make 40 monkeys redundant, but as it is Fred-style cheekiness I thought I'd put it on here as well:

Some things just have to be done.

Fred

aktiv1.jpg

aktiv2.jpg

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Brilliant Fred - love it :D Only you could have done that :lol:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

I had a voicemail left by Link Financial asking my OH to phone them, so he did. We haven't made a payment for a couple of months due to circumstances, which they are well aware of. Anyway, they told my OH he would have to do an I&E form but he refused. They also told him they were going to send a bailiff round. Now usually he would argue with them. This time though, he asked them when they would be turning up so he knows to put the kettle on. He's learning.

Anyway, I wasn't happy with their idle threat, so I phoned them back (I know I shouldn't but I was in the right mood for them).

LF - Link Financial

Me - (gave my details) Yeah, my Husband has just been on the phone and he was told that you will be sending the bailiffs round.

LF - Ok

Me - Can I ask you to put this in writing, as I do not appreciate the threat when I know you will have no court order.

LF - I'm sorry, what would you like me to put in writing?

ME - I would like you to put it in writing that you are planning on sending bailiffs round without a valid court order. I can then pass this on to the OFT.

LF - Sorry, who?

Me - The Office of Fair Trading.

LF - Right........what I will do is pass this on to the person your Husband spoke to and I will ask him to call you straight back to explain.

Me - Thanks. However, I will be leaving for work soon, so if you can get him to leave a message stating which court dealt with the bailiff issue, the claiment number and what date I am to expect the bailiffs at my home.

LF - I will give you the court telephone number if you like?

Me - No thanks - I don't want to waste their time as they will be looking for a non-existant order.

LF - Ok.....

Me - As my husband has told you, when the bailiffs turn up, they are more than welcome to have a cuppa, but that's it really.

LF - .......

Me - Thanks then

(I hang up)

I'm still waiting for my phone call back :rolleyes:

Sounds not unlike one of my creditors who said they would 'fast track me to a bailiff'... and I said 'not without a court order' and they slammed the phone down. That call was in September and I still haven't had the threatened visit, some silly letters and an email or two but no bailiff.

Just slightly off the track, when I had a war with RBoS about illegal charges, and had to threaten them with a County Court Summons to UK Branch ( this is a couple of years back) their muppet in Edinburgh said that if I was going to take legal action, I had to issue the sumall claims summons to their Edinburgh office! DURRR !

Fundamental lack of knowledge ( or perhaps intentional) re English and Scottish Civil Law

I'm just posting to make up for the post I had removed

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me

Perhaps we should now merge Mr Ton's other thread to make up for the lost numbers.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Just posted this on another thread following the news that Aktiv Kapital is about to make 40 monkeys redundant, but as it is Fred-style cheekiness I thought I'd put it on here as well:

Some things just have to be done.

Fred

aktiv1.jpg

aktiv2.jpg

Perhaps it wasn't me then. I also seem to have recoverd most of my 300 missing posts. Onwards and upwards to 3000.

Regards to all.

Fred

C'mon you lot, only 10 more and Mr Ton can celebrate the 5000 again!

Fred

I had no issues untill my PM saying that my one post had been removed

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least the thread is back :D:D:D

I'm glad that by being united you were able to get the thread back.

don't see why little old me was picked on?

anyway, I don't care, I suppose a post had to be deleted by a 'nobody' to make it look like something was being done without upsetting the main people

We better save post 5000 for Mr Ton and see if we can cheer him up.

Again.....

Mr Ton is not here!

YAY we're back :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

STELLA - u nicked the 5000th....oh dear :p

After all this there wasn't much deleted then

It was mainly the stuff about *** ******* that got deleted. I see hillards artwork for fuzzy has gone though :(

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you