BankFodder BankFodder

mr.ton

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3440 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

That's what I like most about CAG. Lots of people in the same boat, helping and supporting others and not judging them.

I thought that would be an excellent headline story for the new Crudit Today. How CAG is uniting people in the fight against the 'crud' (to steal part of the site title).

I did try to add more green blobs but I'm told I must spead the happiness before I can give you any more:eek:

I find it very addictive, I keep getting email to tell me a thread has been updated, so come to see what it's all about, then I find myself looking down the new posts to see who else is having problems...

But - do I want a cure?

• Haha 2

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I help out as much as I can on the Brighthouse part of CAG as I had so much help there when I needed it. Now I am learning about DCA's and as most of the "alleged" debt is in my OH's name (he was a twerp...:rolleyes:), he also supports me 100%. He thinks I'm a bit mad for tackling them with cheekiness, but it works :D

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

I help out as much as I can on the Brighthouse part of CAG as I had so much help there when I needed it. Now I am learning about DCA's and as most of the "alleged" debt is in my OH's name (he was a twerp...:rolleyes:), he also supports me 100%. He thinks I'm a bit mad for tackling them with cheekiness, but it works :D

My ex was a twep too, but she was a twerp for other reasons. Most of her debts were due to her ex before me. That's where I cut my teeth when it comes to dealing with DCA's. Just after we split up, I used that knowledge to sort out my own financial mess due to redundancy. Since then I never looked back.

DCA's vs Fuzzybobble. Guess who are losing? :D

The best bit is, CAG gets a lot of funny videos and I always spend weekend mornings and spare time helping newbies with templates and making sure they realise DCA's aren't to be feared.

And an even better bit is knowing there's a lot of others doing the same thing. :D

Hillards & Clemma I tried to give you green blobs, but I also have to spread myself around more that usual. :D But I have a post it note above my monitor, so you will get those blobs when they're available for me to send.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Well, I'm about to tackle (now I have the info from his IVA people):

Cabot :D

Welcome Finance (the goons have included Person Lifecare + acceptance fee

before stating interest (which is a whopping 60.10%:eek:) - whoops :D) (does that make sense?)

Robinson Way :D

Hamptons Legal (aka Lowells) :D

Littlewoods (not so sure about this one)

Wescot :D

Fredrickson International :D

Big grins = easy peasy!

• Haha 1

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Yep that is Fiona in the bakground. :D

Hey has anyone else noticed the following....

I have been looking around other bits of CAG, but the debt section is the most active. Also has the least zero posts. Most posts are answered within an hour and always get a useful and helpful reply.

None of the other consumer help forums come close to that. Was shocked that one recently had a post where someone needed help with a CCA request letter and was told to, "Pay what you owe." This was before anyone reading the post knew why the person was requesting the CCA in the first place.

That's what I like most about CAG. Lots of people in the same boat, helping and supporting others and not judging them.

There's a fair few here who have already sorted their problems out a long time ago, but still stick around to help others. There's a new kind of friendship here. Friendship, even though it's people we have never met in person. It's this kind of working together as a group, united for one thing that the DCA's are afraid of, and will be their downfall.

They use fear and lack of knowledge of the law to earn their bonus. We use the internet, and share freely knowedge and the law to fight back. Who will win? :D

CAG is certainly an incredible place to be.

I have only been here since late September, yet I've already made more posts on this forum than all of the other forums I have ever belonged to in my life.

I've picked up more than a few thanks and goodwill messages as well, which mean a hell of a lot. They help me live through each day and face the next one.

It is the ultimate contrast with the offline world. We are now in double figures for days in January, yet I am still to speak to a real human being in the year 2009. If I hadn't found this place I would probably have taken the big out by now. It is not as though anybody would notice.

Here within these four walls I can still play a part in trying to help decent people try to regain their lives from the inherently evil system which seeks to destroy them. It is a small contribution, but a much needed validation of the being.

SH

• Haha 2

All opinions of ScabHunter are offered in good faith and believed to be accurate and true. Please note, though, that I have no legal training and am human like the rest of us (except the DCA trolls).

If you have received court papers, PLEASE POST EARLY. We can help, but only if we are within the timescales.

I am happy to receive PMs (and friendship requests!), but if you want me to look at your thread please leave a link to it.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to click the old scales!

LIGHT RELIEF - SCABHUNTER STYLE

A reply to a DCA troll with a limited vocabulary

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca-199.html#post1840093

A template letter accepting a full and final settlement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/104668-cabot-windywoo-4.html#post1813490

A reply to ARE letter dated 13th November 20088

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172657-mbna-letter-asking-me.html#post1863523

A reply to a naughty DCA suggesting that the alleged debtor was ignoring the poor dears, and promising a nice social visit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/167422-help-needed-re-letters-3.html#post1850119

Most people I meet on a day to day basis are total W***ers and Assholes. I'm forced to through work and have to be nice to arrogant people who have basically had life handed to them on a plate, and they think they are so much better than everyone else.

I don't have many friends or family I see on a regular basis. I'm fussy who I have as friends. But here I'm really moved by the positive attitude and support for what should be total strangers.

I'm on a forum for lasers and laser technology + script writing for theatre. Both of which have been life long hobbies of mine. But posts on CAG and new friends on Facebook have been 20 times more than both my life long hobby forums put together in just 2 years.

This forum has made me realise that a small percentage of the human race is good and worth fighting for. And that small percentage is growing rapidly. :)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

FB - Very sincere and honest - are you trying to make me cry :Cry: (no sarcasm intended btw).

There are some amazing people on here (not just those who have helped me, but those who have helped others as well). I have read many threads and am amazed in the changes the OP goes through - from desperation right through to seeing the words *WON* being added to the thread title :D

Sorry for slushiness folks ;)

FB - Very sincere and honest - are you trying to make me cry :Cry: (no sarcasm intended btw).

There are some amazing people on here (not just those who have helped me, but those who have helped others as well). I have read many threads and am amazed in the changes the OP goes through - from desperation right through to seeing the words *WON* being added to the thread title :D

Sorry for slushiness folks ;)

I have to agree. I've been though the same and witnessed others coming here being totally afraid, and then winning. :D

Some nights when I've been stressed out with problems, then I come here and realise I'm not the only one, then I gain new strength and energy to carry on and not give up.

I'll admit I have come very close to giving up a few times in my life. A lot of times to be 100% honest.

I'm also sorry for the slushiness, but some of the things I read here also make me cry, and I'm a guy. Hard thing to admit, but it is the truth. But reading the same thread a few days later, and thanks to peeps here, that person is 100 times happier and more positive than they were before they discovered CAG.

You guys/girls are bloody fantastic, and I'm really proud to be a part of a group of people who will make a difference to this country in the end.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

This click is one of the worst but also one of the most amazing threads I have read on CAG. This one had me in floods of tears.

FB - without you the term "fuzzybobbled" would not exist and there would be no fantastic youtube videos :D

This click is one of the worst but also one of the most amazing threads I have read on CAG. This one had me in floods of tears.

FB - without you the term "fuzzybobbled" would not exist and there would be no fantastic youtube videos :D

I have to agree that is a fantastic thread that poves how valuable this forum is. :D

When the term "Fuzzybobbled" gets added the dictionary, then I will have something to be proud of. Until then I'll keep on Fuzzybobbling and making videos on Youtube.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

If you need articles for your new website, I am a reasonable writer. Here is one I have just written off the top of my head -

DEBT COLLECTORS IN CLOVER AS THEY DISCOVER ANCIENT LAW TO GIVE THEM NEW POWERS

The highly esteemed debt collection industry, bastion of our culture and our creed, pride of our glorious nation, was today given an inestimable boost by the discovery of an ancient scroll containing an old law which was never repealed by Parliament. The rediscovery of The Act Of Peaceful Entry 1648 will come as a massive boon to our beleagured industry at a time when those naughty people at a certain consumer forum have been rather spoiling our party.

The Act Of Peaceful Entry 1648 will restore much needed powers to the debt collection industry. The Act gives what are called "surgeon-bailiffs" an unlimited right of entry in to the body of any miserable snivelling worthless debtor, for the purpose of securing body parts and organs which may then be sold at auction to cover any outstanding debt. Plus the obligatory 1,000% in interest, multiple "naughty boy" charges, and then the perfectly justifiable interest on the naughty boy charges. The considerable growth of the medical research and transplant industries in the period since 1648 will doubtless enhance the usefulness and profitability of enforcement of the Act.

Resistance to the lawful activity of the surgeon-bailiff is a criminal offence punishable by death. Upon death, the body will be dismembered and the parts sold in lieu of the balance as above, along with a fine for disobedience which will pay for some more comfy chairs in the local police station. These chairs are a matter of national importance, given the extended period of use they are likely to enjoy. Discoverer of the document which has brought the new law to light, Dr. Frank N. Stein, has said that the rediscovery of the new law is "a massive boon to society, which will not only give the fine upstanding citizens of the finance industry much-needed new powers, it will at the same time decrease the number of worthless debtors without the need for public money to be wasted on cremation or burial. I am truly excited by this development".

Dr. Stein was also quick to point out that the rediscovery of the old law also solves one of the great mysteries of Victorian London, what were once believed to be the Whitechapel Murders of 1888. It can now be confirmed that the alleged murders were in fact nothing of the sort, and that Dr. Jack T. Ripper of London Town was in fact eviscerating organs as part of his lawful duties as an enforcer of The Act Of Peaceful Entry 1648. The unfortunate but completely inconsequential passing away of the debtors is, I suppose, to some degree regrettable.

The wonderful and magnificent Credit Industry of which we are so proud to be a part looks forward to many years of profitable and effective use of this rediscovered legislation. We are totally confident in the sound judgement of our unreproachable colleagues in Westminster who we are sure will have no thoughts of repealing such a magnificent part of our heritage as this wonderful old Act of Parliament. It is, of course, perfectly feasible that a significant percentage of our increased profits could find their way into the coffers of the major political parties (HINT HINT), which will be a magnificent demonstration of what can be achieved when public and private sectors work together. We are glowing with pride at the contribution of our industry to the nation's well-being, in our ability to work so closely with our elected representatives to further the better interests of all the wonderful citizens of our homeland. Including, of course, the poor debtors for whom we feel so much sympathy, and who will be freed of their debt problems forever by this ingenious legislation. It is a true landmark day in the culture of our society.

SH

• Haha 2

All opinions of ScabHunter are offered in good faith and believed to be accurate and true. Please note, though, that I have no legal training and am human like the rest of us (except the DCA trolls).

If you have received court papers, PLEASE POST EARLY. We can help, but only if we are within the timescales.

I am happy to receive PMs (and friendship requests!), but if you want me to look at your thread please leave a link to it.

If I have been helpful, please feel free to click the old scales!

LIGHT RELIEF - SCABHUNTER STYLE

A reply to a DCA troll with a limited vocabulary

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca-199.html#post1840093

A template letter accepting a full and final settlement

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/104668-cabot-windywoo-4.html#post1813490

A reply to ARE letter dated 13th November 20088

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172657-mbna-letter-asking-me.html#post1863523

A reply to a naughty DCA suggesting that the alleged debtor was ignoring the poor dears, and promising a nice social visit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/167422-help-needed-re-letters-3.html#post1850119

:lol:

Nice work when will the next part be available?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Fan-bloody-tastic :lol::lol:

Dr. Stein was also quick to point out that the rediscovery of the old law also solves one of the great mysteries of Victorian London, what were once believed to be the Whitechapel Murders of 1888. It can now be confirmed that the alleged murders were in fact nothing of the sort, and that Dr. Jack T. Ripper of London Town was in fact eviscerating organs as part of his lawful duties as an enforcer of The Act Of Peaceful Entry 1648. The unfortunate but completely inconsequential passing away of the debtors is, I suppose, to some degree regrettable.

This bit especially :D

As usual it seems I wasn't paying attention either.

What I have just read is utterly appalling:-x

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there are two types of a**holes in this world.

Some mabey through their own treatment or bad breaks never really had a chance.

Others managed it all by themselves.

Whatever the reason, I also know that nobody was ever forced to work for a consumer collection dept, a DCA or one of the bottom end legal firms that specialise in debt collection.

For all the good people in this life who, when the chips are down actually do give a f***.

David

For all the good people in this life who, when the chips are down actually do give a f***.

David

I'd drink to that (if I wasn't at work). Well put cashins :)

Hillards & Clemma I tried to give you green blobs, but I also have to spread myself around more that usual. :D But I have a post it note above my monitor, so you will get those blobs when they're available for me to send.

I've done it on your behalf Fuzzy.

Fred

• Haha 1

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Cheers Fred :D

Aw - Thank you Fred, much apprecaited!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Had a few computer probs, had a powercut yesterday and it didnt like it:rolleyes:, so have not had that long at it, but here is a sneak preview still need to sort some of the graphics out, but its a start:D

Crudit Today online

It may disapear on and off, and will only work in IE, there is something strange in there HTML, have not had time to look that closely at it yet though to see why, but it looks like i am going to have to re-write it from scratch so it will work whith firfox by the looks of it:rolleyes:

I have used an in line frame for the forum bit, so would like to know if it works for everyone:)

Works for me (using IE at the moment on work computer), will try on my own PC tonight as I use google chrome on that. :D

Works on IE fine But not on Firefox

Just remember to keep smiling and ask if you need help. :-)

I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter, cos I come from Lincolnshire, and I can drive a tractor.

CCA sent to robinson way Halifax cc. 22/02/07~Sold on to Aktiv Kapital~How can you take them seriously when they can't spell properly

Data Protection Act sent to HBOS Current Account 22/02/07~All quiet

Over 2 yaers I've been a member~Doesn`t time fly when your having fun~or beating DCA's at their own game

I've only got IE, but it works on that - apart from a hiccup making a post, it crashed the forum for a while - got a 'page cannot be displayed' message in the main frame. Went back and re-did the message, took AGES before accepting it.

They seem to be a bit confused which way to slash

Not sure if thats why firfox doesnt like it, will have to look into it:confused:

I've only got IE, but it works on that - apart from a hiccup making a post, it crashed the forum for a while - got a 'page cannot be displayed' message in the main frame. Went back and re-did the message, took AGES before accepting it.

No problems here, but i have had trouble with sky dropping out today.

It still needs some setting up/testing, shall see how it goes:)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3440 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you