• Tweets

• Pardon late reply, had a busy last few days. I will make enquiries to the Council or Valuations Agency tomorrow when they are open. I am a little apprehensive about getting the dentist involved although I wasn't warned about the new parking system at the time. I have photos but  will need to reduce the mb size of them as 4.5 mb is maximum upload on here. They will also need editing to blot out reg numbers etc. I was given 28 days from CE to cough up after the POPLA decision and that will expire in a few days time. I intend to take this all the way and to save further action [e.g. debt collectors with the £100 rocketing to the thick end of a Grand]   write to CE and tell them take me straight to Court as all letters will be ignored. 
    • Hi, i am not sure if this has been discussed before, i have a feeling it probably has. My partner has claimed carers allowance for looking after her uncle for the last 3 years. She has also quite often worked part time. She has always told me she was allowed to work 15 hours per week and she has always stuck to this limit. However i have looked into it and found that the limit is how much you earn not how many hours you work. Her jobs have always been minimum wage so they have actually kept her just under the earnings limit. This is where i think this subject may have been discussed before, obviously in april 2019 the increase in NMW and the carers earnings limit increase resulted in someone working 15 hours at NMW being 15p over the limit. My partner had no idea she was earning too much until a letter arrived a few weeks ago from the carers people. They suspended her claim and she had to fill a form in  detailing her working hours and earnings etc over a certain period. My partner sought advice from the CAB who said this would be overlooked as it was such a small amount (15p). She received a letter on saturday saying she was not entitled to carers from april 2019 until sep 2019, (she stopped working in september and is not currently working). The letter does not say what they intend to do as she has already received her payments for this period. I have a feeling another letter may be on its way telling her to pay it back ? Surely this can not be right ? Another point to mention is that my partner had £2 per week took from her wages for her uniform, i put this down as an allowable expense but they have completely ignored this and not even mentioned it in the letter they sent out on saturday. As far as i was aware work uniform or equipment should be classed as an allowable expense, this in effect would take her below the carers earnings limit. Has anyone had a similar experience or can offer any advice ? I seriously cant believe they are doing this over 15p per week. Thanks in advance Steve.
    • You are onto something here... POFA s.4 states:   "6(1)The second condition is that the creditor (or a person acting for or on behalf of the creditor)— (a)has given a notice to driver in accordance with paragraph 7, followed by a notice to keeper in accordance with paragraph 8...   8(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to keeper for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met....   (4)The notice must be given by— (a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or (b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period. (5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 28 days following the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to driver was given."   In the Claimant's WS, from para 54 onwards, they refer to p.9 of POFA regarding the issuing of the notice to the Keeper. They're relying on the wrong paragraph because, as they've issued a notice to driver, they should be relying on p.8, as I've quoted above. The notice to keeper can then only be issued once 28 days have passed. They're stating that it's 14 days, and that they have done this in your case.   Did you include POFA as a WS exhibit?
    • Thanks again!   With regards to evidence raised above, since the application is now scheduled for a hearing, what if I wanted to submit further evidence to support my case for the hearing.   How would that affect the already submitted Witness Statement with the application? (It was not originally meant for a hearing)
    • dx100uk - sorry for the multiple pages but there should have only been 2.  I have placed them in pdf and will upload them again. Debt Recovery Plus Ltd - 7-10-19.pdf Debt Recovery Plus Ltd - 20-9-19.pdf
  • Our picks

mr.ton

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3319 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

May hit 8000 before then if there are people out there that received a threat-o-gram on Christmas Eve.....we are missing some good telephone 'scripts though. Fuzzybobble is on the case :)

I'm glad Aktiv Krapital sent me some goodwill today....at least I know they are thinking of me :D (Although they could have wished me a merry Christmas).

1 hr 45 minutes to go. Santa may be here soon, but does he have the right to enter my home without a court order???

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

My birthday and hour and half to xmas day... most of all it took me 24 hours of toil and tears to buy a scanner, master photobucket and post my agreement from mbna onto my thread. skeggsy v mbna... just make my xmas if someone tells me its no good. xx

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

1 hr 45 minutes to go. Santa may be here soon, but does he have the right to enter my home without a court order???

He has more of a right than any DCA does ;)

He has more of a right than any DCA does ;)

Yeah, it's just the sneaking down my chimney and leaving dirty footprints that gets me :grin:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Thanks to Fuzzy I nearly came unstuck yesterday

I decided to pay my electric and phone bill by debit card over the phone

Im sure they thought I was a fraudster as when they asked what card I was using I had to stifle a grin, as all I wanted to say was a Christmas Card

Thanks to all the fun I've had reading this thread

Without it I would have hit rock bottom

Love to you all, and all the best for 2009

1.gif

11.gif

Hands up who wants to work for Crapbot ????????????

Fail your 11+ ?

Does flipping burgers make you forgetful?

here is a job for you

CV-library.co.uk - UK jobs, Careers, Recruitment

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

That Job Advert is just so asking for CAGers to apply...........

Fuzzybobble being just behind Fred Basset me thinks

That Job Advert is just so asking for CAGers to apply...........

Fuzzybobble being just behind Fred Basset me thinks

i would love to apply for that job , i mean i have it all, i understand debt, the cause of world DCA polution, i can land a man on the moon, i can do it all. all i ask is that i can practice voodoo magic at the computer whilst i call up alleged debtors. Actually that's not all, i would also want free coffee and red bull every 6 mins, with a 4 hour lunch break and a starting salary in excess of 3 bullwhips per day. Plus every , June, July & dec off with full pay

if i can get all that then i'm the person for Crapbotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

Do DCAS ever phone up on christmas day?My hubby seems convinced they will and says that DCAS in overseas call centers may still pester people !But i think surely not?

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

OOh too drunk to type anything meaningful. Sort of halfway through preparing dinner for 12 peeps tomorrow. eek lol

At 2pm they're expecting the following....

red wine poached salmon mousse served in filo pastry nests, garnished with madagascan (bugger the spelling) prawns.

Or home made carrot and coriander soup garnished with chilli croutons.

Main course, Turkey breast stuffed with sausage and chestnuts, wrapped in bacon. Honey glazed potatoes, carrots, sprouts (cause it's crimbo) peas, roasted parsnips, roast potatoes (done in beef dripping and cholesterol) stuffing balls filled with sauage meat, bacon rolls/pigs in blankets.

Dessert is homemade xmas pudding, bailey's cheesecake, black forest gateau, cheese board with 8 cheeses, or irish coffee and mince pies.

Against all odds, this will happen. It's not that I've not prepared in advance and require a CCA or something stupid. ;)

Merry Crimbo and I wish you a very happy and fuzzy filled 2009. :D

2 new videos will be released before new years eve. Watch this space very carefully. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Mr & Mrs t-star and the 2 little t-star's would like to wish all CAGers a merry christmas. It's not reached me yet as im in Florida at the mo...will be back in the new year though..

t-star

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

Merry Christmas Everyone !

Surfboys Just Got Home From Work , Now Off To Bed!

hello all:-)

Merry Christmas Everyone !

Surfboys Just Got Home From Work , Now Off To Bed!

.....and Clemma's just got TO work - bah humbug.

lol fuzzy.

have u tried Spar?

Personally I think you would have a better chance in LIDLs:D

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. Nadolig Llawen :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Nadolig Llawen :D

I see you've been on the cooking sherry already BB :eek:

Nadolig Llawen everyone :p

I see you've been on the cooking sherry already BB :eek:

Nadolig Llawen everyone :p

White wine actually :p I'm stuck in the kitchen with my laptop so I may as well post :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Cheers :D

Yep, on the white wine here too :D

You've given me an idea though ;)

Bo *unplugs comp and takes into the kitchen* :lol:

I'm full of them when I'm half cut :p

Im currently staying at my parents house for a few days..they are quite middle class compared to me :D...anyway, ive just had soup & wine for starters, the main meal is at 5pm :oops:

I'd forgotton how long this old lappy takes to boot up :D

Oh crikey - my spuds :lol:

A very Merry Christamas to you all. Plus a big thank you too Mr Ton for starting this amazing thread. also a big SHOUT to FB

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3319 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you