Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just found this on another humourous web site (with b 3 t and a in its name)

Quite a few years ago (mid-1980s) a friend of my grandfather had a dispute with the Inland Revenue over his tax return. Letters were exchanged with increasing ire on both sides until the elderly gentleman snapped and started writing two or three letters a day to the Revenue. They replied, demanding he stop writing to them so often. He then took it to the next level and started putting the stamps on the envelopes in odd places (halfway down the back, upside down at the bottom below the address). As the story was told to me, this meant that the letters had to be hand processed by the Royal Mail as the sorting machine couldn't read the stamp. So the Royal Mail attach irate notes to the letters asking the recipient to tell the person writing to them to put the stamp in the right place. Sure enough, the next letter my grandfathers friend gets has a PS asking him to ensure that he stamps the envelope correctly.

My grandfathers friend considered this request, mulling it over in the British Legion, then promptly sat down and wrote five letters to the Revenue with the stamps all over the place. Again they write back to him. This goes on for some time. Eventually they cave in, accept they made a mistake, refund his money, and plead with him to correctly address and stamp any letters to them.

This OAP anarchist had one last letter to send. He got a large envelope, put a stamp smack bang in the middle, wrote the address in a spiral around it, and enclosed a single sheet of paper that said:

"Dear Sir,

Hey diddle diddle

The Stamp is in the middle

yours sincerely,

Annoyed OAP"

Seems like a DCA baiting plan...:wink:

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*sighs*

At least I don't work there anymore and so don't have the finger pointed at me anymore by folk 'in the private sector' (where I am now). Thank goodness for that!! I still feel an obligation to stand up for those who still work for government departments who I worked with. Everybody has their own opinion, but seeing my friends struggle the way they have over the years and be berated for it, well, I wish me and all the wonderfull people I worked with had worked for these places where living is easy. But remember folks, these places exist in the public secter too ;).

I had flexi. Oh yes. SUPER flexi. When I left there were no core hours. This didn't mean that you didn't go to wortk please understand, you still had to do your hours and most people were over due to the need for overtime to clear work. We were adults and managed phone cover so that there were allways enough people in at any given time. Was it a bonus, yes, but not only because we could work around our lives (people with kids benefited the most) but also because we could stay late and get the work done. As for career breaks, we had them too, but you had to be either having one for child rearing or other family difficulties such as caring for a sick relative. Where I worked you didn't get a career break to go travelling unless you were telling serious porkys. Each department is different and have their own rules, but that's how it was where I worked.

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Ohh, I know, anything in the DM should be taken with a large pinch of salt, I only buy it on Sats cos I like the weks TV guide magazine, and I feel the need to have my Blood Pressure raised onnce a week, so obviously sensationalism must rule, but some of the observations do seem to ring true in this climate?

Dagnabbit ,last time i was here it was just an action group, when did it change i misssed all this ;)

Ahh well just gonna have to wait for pictures instead lol

Ah u see this changed ages ago when we got bored and decided to ask our own security questions to DCAs when they call. Now if they can give us the colour and type we know they have been trawling CAG. I have had several successful FAILS in this depatment of my security questions.

Also the photos are of the x rated version only.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I had a housecall from some parasite at resolvecall today, but nobody was home so he was kind enough to leave his business card with his mobile number on it.

So i decided to venture into a gay chat room (at 12:30am) and ask for phone sex... very bad with phone numbers... i might have made a mistake since nobody has called me yet... ahwell :rolleyes::D

Thanks Daniella! I'm just getting into the spirit of this forum by mocking the DCAs. I really wish i'd found this thread months ago when i was getting 20 calls a day because i could of had so much fun! :D

PS. As of 1am his phone is switched off haha

You are so naughty! :p Welcome to CAG you'll fit right in :D

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

oh interesting

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Reported in the Newcastle Evening Chronicle recently: -

Be Sure & Cancel Cards before you die!

This is so priceless & so easy to see happening - customer service, being what it is to-day!

A Lady died this past September, and MBNA bank Billed her for October & November for their annual Service Charges on her Credit Card, and then added late fees & interest on the monthly charge. The Balance had been £0.00, now is somewhere around £60.00.

A family member placed a call to the MBNA Bank:

Family Member:

I am calling to tell you that she died in September,

MBNA - The Account was never closed & the late fees & charges still apply.

Family Member: - Maybe you should turn it over to collections?

MBNA - Since it is two months past due, it already has been.

Family Member: - So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?

MBNA - Either report her account to the frauds division or report Her to the credit bureau, maybe both.

Family Member - Do you think God will be mad at her?

MBNA - Excuse me?

Family Member: - Did you just get what I was telling you?...the part about Her being dead?

MBNA - Sir, you will have to speak to my Supervisor! -

Supervisor gets to the phone:

Family Member - I am calling to tell you she died in September!

MBNA - The Account was never close & the late fees & charges still apply!

Family Member - You mean you want to collect from her Estate?

MBNA - (Stammer) Are you her Lawyer?,

Family Member - NO , im her Grandson. (Lawyer info given)

MBNA - Could you Fax us a certificate of Death?

Family Member: - Sure, (fax number is given) After they get the fax:

MBNA -= Our system just is not set up for death. I do not know what more I can do to help.

Family Member: - Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. I do not think she will care!

MBNA - Well , the late fees and charges do still apply!.

Family Member - Would you like her new billing address?.

MBNA - That might help.

Family Member - Heaton Cemetary, Heaton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, Plot 1049.

MBNA - Sir, that is a Cemetery!,

Family Member: - Well what the **** do you do with dead people on your planet?

MBNA were not available for comment when a reporter from the Newcastle Evening Cronicle rang.

Have just received this via e.mail if this is true - what the hell is this country comming to.?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I can confirm similar happened with my nan and the Electricity board, they wanted her forwarding address and my sister gave the cemetary details.... eventually we offered the electric company a meeting with both a medium and a qualified sign language person present to resolve the matter.....

My nan had paid the bill in full the day before she died.... they wanted to send somebody to read the meter at her new address......

Edited by sillygirl1
missed a bit

Slightly off topic but I'm sure many will agree that ATOS Healthcare (A TOSsers) Are a bunch of anal idiots! I laughed at the receptionist on the way out because she was ambarassed that I'd been made to go for a medical when I should have had a home visit. I remarked that if I'd died I bet that A TOSsers would have dug me up just to check!!!

The word "Bankrupt" comes from the latin "banca rupta" (rough translation broken bench)

A banca was a bench that was used to exchange currency from one province to another, and if the banca was found out to be acting wrongly, they would break the bench. Maybe we should bring back this practice!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks