Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any suggestions for getting rid of a door step knocker representing the council (i.e. the DCA) who has "arranged" an appointment for Wednesday?

I've been paying a major excess for months on this but the council just kept allocating this nonsense to the arrears and took me to the magistrates again even though it was quite clear i'd been clearing it. Thought of putting my coat on and taking him down to the greasy spoon to sort it out rather than the usual can we come in and discuss while we levy goods.

Apologies for mini hijack but the greasy spoon quip keeps it just within bounds!??

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I do like the "weasels" calling on a weekend, as I means I can answer and have a bit of fun with them :-).

Vanquis have started to call us again, it's been quiet for a couple of weeks since we complained and they are investigating (supposedly). I gets a call from an 08000 number (which I find to be them), but all I can hear is Asian accents talking in the background - even ringing a bike bell into the phone doesn't rouse them! After a minute and a half, the phone cuts off. So, I track down their other number, as dialling the 08000 number tells me "they're closed" (?). For those who want to play along, the number to call is 01634 816312, which is the geographic number for card services. Remember to put 141 in before, so you come up withheld.

After confusing the automated sytem by repeatedly hitting *# at the prompts, I get through to a female English calls weasel: (here follows a summary of the call)

Vanquis: Can I take your 16 digit account number?

Raven: I don't have one of them.

Vanquis: Sorry?

Raven: I don't have an account, it's regarding a crank call your company made to me, and I tracked down this number.

Vanquis: OK, carry on, what's the problem?

Raven: Well I've just had a silent call from one of your numbers, and no-one would talk to me for a minute and a half. We've sent letters to tell you to stop calling us.

Vanquis: Have you got an account? They must have had a reason to call?

Raven: My Wife has, but she's specifically told you not to call, as she has severe nervous issues and can't talk on the phone.

Vanquis: Is she there to talk to? I can't talk to you regarding someone else's account {Note: Did she not understand what I just said?!?}

Raven: No, she's out. But I know she's told you not to call us, I wrote her several letters to send you.

Vanquis: Well there must be a reason that they called - they'll want to talk to her about something.

Raven: So why not write to her? She doesn't want you to call. It's affecting the whole family you know. And I know she's paid up this month, so it can't be that.

Vanquis: Oh, we don't write - we only call.

Raven: What, even when you're told not to?

Vanquis: Well if you send us a letter giving your reasons why....

Raven: Like the letters we sent on and ? We haven't heard back form you yet.

Vanquis: It might take up to three weeks for a reply.

Raven: It's been three weeks, I bet you won't reply.

Vanquis: {U-turn alert!:eek:} Oh, but it could take up to six weeks... but we'll get back to you.

Raven: OK, I'll wait for that then, but you still shouldn't be calling. Can't you write to her?

Vanquis: Like I say, there must be a reason, and we don't write to custumers, we prefer to call them.

Raven: Is that because then there is no proof of the harassment?

Vanquis : It's not harassment, we're allowed to call you once a day...

Raven: Oh really? Even though we've said it is so, under the PfH Act 1997 - it's affecting the whole family you know.

Raven: You know, I think your telephone system is an embarrasment to your company, you should get it fixed.

Vanquis: Embarrasment? What do you mean?

Raven: If I ran a company that dialled a customer up, then either went blank, or hang up, I'd be seriously embarrassed. It's not a good way to treat your victims... I mean, er, customers.

Vanquis: It's because it's on an autodialler, if you don't pick up it will ring off.

Raven: That's quite embarrasing . Those autodiallers are a bit, naughty aren't they?

Vanquis: Not that I know of.

Raven: Well, I'd better end the call now, it's apparent that you can't do anything about it from your end, and even though I've managed to waste seven minutes of your life like you lot waste mine, I've got more important things to do. Thank you for the chat, it's been quite a pleasure actually...

I think I'll persevere with this line of cheekyness, now I know how to circumvent the automatic menus, I'll have a crack at Cap One, too, possibly see how long I can keep them on for.

P.S.: Isn't anyone else baiting DCAs at the minute? We need to waste more of their time...

as the mods would say do not feed the troll. Sorry my troll image wont work so imagine its a DCA threat monkey when they are not getting there own way

spit-the-dummy.jpg

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Capquest have called me about 80 times since the beginning of this year. They've only got my voicemail number but they're way too thick to realise this. On a couple of occasions I've diverted this to my home number just so that I can talk to them and tell them to stop ringing, but I've only actually spoken to them once. They refused to stop ringing until I had confirmed the security details!

Anyway, because I've got the ability to divert calls from this number to other numbers I've started doing so. Firstly, I diverted the calls to one of their other numbers. I then tried to divert to the Chinese Consulate in Tokyo but unfortunately I can only set it up for UK numbers. Currently, every time they try to ring me, they will be reaching the National Dogging Hotline.

I only wish I could listen in on the calls.

Regards to all.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Capquest have called me about 80 times since the beginning of this year. They've only got my voicemail number but they're way too thick to realise this. On a couple of occasions I've diverted this to my home number just so that I can talk to them and tell them to stop ringing, but I've only actually spoken to them once. They refused to stop ringing until I had confirmed the security details!

Anyway, because I've got the ability to divert calls from this number to other numbers I've started doing so. Firstly, I diverted the calls to one of their other numbers. I then tried to divert to the Chinese Consulate in Tokyo but unfortunately I can only set it up for UK numbers. Currently, every time they try to ring me, they will be reaching the National Dogging Hotline.

Regards to all.

Fred

:DMaybe the number for ten downing st:) Actually 11 would be more appropriate xx

Regards to all.

Fred

Word of warning Fred. You pay for the diverted part of the call so Tokyo may be costly. Much cheaper and more fun to divert it back to themselves or some other sad DCA. You can imagine the conversation between two pre pubescent DCA threat monkeys threatening each other

Word of warning Fred. You pay for the diverted part of the call so Tokyo may be costly. Much cheaper and more fun to divert it back to themselves or some other sad DCA. You can imagine the conversation between two pre pubescent DCA threat monkeys threatening each other

Thanks ODC but I couldn't get it to divert to Tokyo anyway. I might just switch it back to them again. They seem to like talking to themselves:

CapquestCalls4-1.jpg

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

• 4 weeks later...

Watch out Cagbots about. . . ;)

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Right, where was I?

Ah yes, changing my knicks :)

Today I'm wearing a sexy white thong :p

Welcome back BB, hope you're well! I think you may have some catching up to do.

Regards.

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

i am wearing a dyed pink pair of knickers today.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

i am wearing a dyed pink pair of knickers today.

Wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper to have bought a pair of knickers that were pink to start with? Or did you have a washing machine accident?

Fred

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks