Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WOW! Eversheds are really scary solicitors...

4313356041_c64639307c.jpg

(That's linked form their Facebook page Eversheds LLP | Facebook to Birmingham Charity Calendar - a set on Flickr)

I fear the calendar girls have been heavily Photoshopped, they can't afford more than one brolly, surely ?

If you do get a call from this lot, tell 'em to go jump...

4314092812_9db1b0bf1c_o.jpg

Edited by hillards
mis-typed URL

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently sent Paragon a letter, 3 letters infact. First letter was the letter in regards to the current "alleged" debt they hold for me.

Second letter was suggesting different phone companies they could use, detailing competitive buisness rates so that they wouldnt have to charge £20 per phonecall if they manged to contact me, what ever that means.

and the 3rd letter was detailing the complaint procedure to royal mail, which went along the lines of "Please find enclosed the complaints procedure for royalmail as i think they may be over charging you,£10 per every letter is pretty effing excessive"

One of the quotes on Matt Weeks’ (one of the employees) page.

“Trace clever people who manage to escape debt. Sit bored out of your mind 24/7 praying for the weekend to come - its a load of w**k!”

Wonder if his employers have seen that.

I recently sent Paragon a letter, 3 letters infact. First letter was the letter in regards to the current "alleged" debt they hold for me.

Second letter was suggesting different phone companies they could use, detailing competitive buisness rates so that they wouldnt have to charge £20 per phonecall if they manged to contact me, what ever that means.

and the 3rd letter was detailing the complaint procedure to royal mail, which went along the lines of "Please find enclosed the complaints procedure for royalmail as i think they may be over charging you,£10 per every letter is pretty effing excessive"

Oh l ove this. Might well be borrowing it as and when l need to.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

“Trace clever people who manage to escape debt. Sit bored out of your mind 24/7 praying for the weekend to come - its a load of w**k!”

LMFAO:D. Hilarious...Our Matt will now be praying the weekend doesn't end. Monday morning might be a little bit difficult for him.

And I expect 'redundancy' may well be high on the agenda.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

LMFAO:D. Hilarious...Our Matt will now be praying the weekend doesn't end. Monday morning might be a little bit difficult for him.

And I expect 'redundancy' may well be high on the agenda.

I take it you "accidentally" let his employers know what he said about his job? And if not, why not? :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I love the comment on the 1st credit group where someone posted that they're glad they left because they were sick of getting death threats. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I'll leave someone else to inform 1st Credit - I prefer to have as little to do with them as possible.

There are others who have more reason to stick one on 1st Credit - so I'll let someone else have that honour.

Besides, we're doing Mr Weeks a favour - if he doesn't like the job, he doesn't have to do it.

Well it would be nice to see that his employers do see that remark!!! reminds me about a worker on Facebook saying he was pulling a sick day is employer read it and told him to carry on being sick as he was fired, seriously some of the staff at these dca`s must be bored to tears as can`t see them having a great deal to do lol at my daughters company if you are caught on Facebook it`s curtains!!!

Had to join this game as I'm getting a lot of calls for the OH. Most of the catalogues stopped calling when we sent the Harassment Letter.

However Vanquis and Crap1 haven't, and keep calling every day, even though the bill isn't due. Most of the time I won't answer calls that are from them, neither will OH. However, occasionally I'm in the mood for a bit of baiting...

Last night's call from Vanquis is probably untypable after she got shirty about me preaching the "Acts of the Harassment", but tonight I was waiting for a call.... Capital One obliged:

***phone rings***

(I always pick phone up and stay silent, wait to hear any noise to decide who it is. No noise - must be a call centre then. Finally...)

Crap1: Hello?

Raven: Hello?

Crap1: Hello, could I speak to Mrs XX please?

Raven: Certainly, who's speaking?

Crap1: It's from Capital One

Raven: Oh, OK. Hold on while I get her.

Raven: Hello, I'm sorry, just trying to find her, bear with me...

Crap1: Oh OK.

Raven: Hello again, sorry about this, I really can't find her, give me a minute...

Raven: Hello again, I've just sent her a text message, and she's texted back asking me to remind you about the letter she sent a couple of weeks ago.

Crap1: OK, but I can't speak to you about this Sir, I can only talk to Mrs xx about matters relating to the account. Perhaps I should call back another time...

Raven (interrupting): Ah! Wait a minute! I know what the letter was now! I had something with these calls - may I ask... do you know about S2, of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 or the Telecommunications Act 2003?

Crap1: erm...

Raven (interrupting again): Well, these calls are in breach of those acts and we've told you to stop. We asked you to contact us by letter, I don't mind that, at least I can use them on the fire to warm me up, but no phone calls... they're getting beyond a joke

Crap1: erm...

Raven: And by the way, I thought I'd keep you on hold for over 10 minutes so I could waste your time and you couldn't harass anyone else, the wife isn't even in the house! ha! Have a good day, hope not to hear from you again.

OK, so it's not up to Fuzzybobble's standards, but it's a start. I'll improve over time, but it was interesting to see how long I could keep her on the line. I got bored after 11m37sec. Hope she doesn't meet her calling targets today.:razz:

Well. You say it may not be up to Fuzzybobble's standards bit I'm not so sure. The very idea of slowing down their phone operation to an almost grinding halt seems brilliant to me....This must be general advice to all recipients of the intrusive bullying phone calls. Perhaps a mod could post a sticky on this. Their call, their time on hold...lovely...

Raven, you have just seen a way of really messing with them. Most people are usually desperate. I take my hat off to you!

PS why so few posts? We could do with this kind of stuff a little bit more frequently!

Edited by enoughisenough

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

That is well up to standard. :D If you phone them on a mobile (set it so it shows your number as witheld, or use a new sim card just for DCA use), you can record the call. Most phones made in the last 3 years can do this. If you need any help with editing personal details from the recording and how to put the call on here send me a Private Message. I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Why thank you to you both!

I do like the idea of wasting their time - it's what they do to us.... you just got to keep them hanging by returning to the phone every so often. I do need to get my "hold music" out. It's on a tape somewhere, and I kept my little tape recorder by the phone for that purpose.

Ah, yes, mobile phone recordings - well my phone is under 3 years old (just), and will record if I remember how to. Shame most of the calls are to the landline, they just text the OH's mobile... I did use some software ages ago when posing as my solicitor, Bob Raven:cool:, so I'll dig that out too, only works on outgoing calls though. I'll have to get in touch with you on how to upload onto the site though...

As for not having many posts, well I'm more noticable/notorious on another forum (some of you may know me), so I only really posted on here occasionally. Took a "sabattical" away from the whole charges/debt/consumer advice for a while as well, as I need to sort my own issues out first, but I'm getting back on the "game" again.

NEXT PLOT: How to make use of the Homer Simpson Soundboard I found on the net.... :D

Nice to see this thread alive again.

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Why thank you to you both!

I do like the idea of wasting their time - it's what they do to us.... you just got to keep them hanging by returning to the phone every so often. I do need to get my "hold music" out. It's on a tape somewhere, and I kept my little tape recorder by the phone for that purpose.

Ah, yes, mobile phone recordings - well my phone is under 3 years old (just), and will record if I remember how to. Shame most of the calls are to the landline, they just text the OH's mobile... I did use some software ages ago when posing as my solicitor, Bob Raven:cool:, so I'll dig that out too, only works on outgoing calls though. I'll have to get in touch with you on how to upload onto the site though...

As for not having many posts, well I'm more noticable/notorious on another forum (some of you may know me), so I only really posted on here occasionally. Took a "sabattical" away from the whole charges/debt/consumer advice for a while as well, as I need to sort my own issues out first, but I'm getting back on the "game" again.

NEXT PLOT: How to make use of the Homer Simpson Soundboard I found on the net.... :D

I've had some fun with soundboards.

Also have some Borat, and Sesame Street soundboards calling Capital One but I need to make videos for them first.

As for uploading calls to CAG, if you send me a PM with what you have planned and I'll give you my email address to send the files to. I'm all set up for audio editing, etc as I do loads of stuff for local bands, schools, and theatre groups.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

fuzzybobble,i checked some of those dca's on facebook,omg, eversheds llp

a partner there was made prince charles "ambassador" for 2009...wait for it.....for his commitment to"responsible business" lolol

Quite understandable though. Prince Charles is an inbread moronic loon who talks to plants, and needs someone to dress him in the morning. One of my family's friends works at Buck House and says he even has 5 boiled eggs brought to his breakfast table and he chooses which one he's going to eat. His only job in life is to wait for his mum to die, and even that is in danger because nobody likes him and prince William is likely to be the next unelecected scrounger who pretends to be in charge of us.

Total loonies the royals. Just like MP's and anyone daft enough to work for a DCA.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

If the Royals get phased out, then at least we know where they're best suited to work.

Not that they ever will do anything that can be described as 'work'.

I'll always remember laughing at one press article where Princess Margaret was described as suffering from 'exhaustion'.

Well, lifting one's cigarette to one's mouth fairly takes it out of one, doesn't one think?

What about the queen mother? All she ever did was walk about in a bright blue dress and a hat. Swilling gallons of gin was the only thing she had to put any effort into. But she was good on Spitting Image.

They should bring it back in time for the General Election in May. They would have tons of stuff to take the pee out of.

And I'm sure they would accept some of the scripts about banks and DCA's I have floating around in my head. ;-)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Yep totally agree. Satire is dead, because the subjects of satire now make their own comedy.

Just a shame that it's not so entertaining when we have to pay for and suffer the end results of it.

And we are paying for it, and will continue paying for it no matter who wins the next election.

When I was young I saw painted on the wall outside the supermarket where my parents did their shopping. "No matter who you vote for, the government always wins". I will always remeber it, and at the same time remember eating salt and vineger chip sticks and watching Terry Wogan presenting Blankety Blank.

I always wanted a blankety blank cheque book and pen. Things were more simple in those days and people more easily pleased. But then a blankety blank CCA is also fun in a days gone by nostalgic way. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks