• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In This Weather!:shock:

Today I'm wearing, thermal trousers, thermal socks, thermal long sleeved top, I am 'Thermal Man'

Hot! Hot! Hot! :-x

Yeah, well I'm stuck in the house recovering from a broken leg :p

And wondering who's going to cook Christmas dinner :|

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, well I'm stuck in the house recovering from a broken leg :p

And wondering who's going to cook Christmas dinner :|

I'm sure you'll get plenty of volunteers to help, especially if you're going to wear the black lacy ones BB ;)

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Conversation with Bristow And Sutor this afternoon (After council took my debt back, they called me)

BS: Hello, could i speak to Mr XXX

Me: Who's speaking?

BS: I'm calling from Bristow Sutor

Me: Ohh you lot, what do you want?

BS: We have been informed by Amber Valley Council that they have taken your council tax debt back

Me: Yes...(Pause)...And?

BS: There is an outstanding debt to us of £84.

Me: And...?

(Pause)

BS: You are required to pay back this amount...(Pause) By law.

Me: Am I?

BS: Yes, how will you be paying the money?

Me: Erm...(Pause) I won't be.

BS: I will repeat what i have just said (Pause)

Me: Go on then.

BS: You owe us money, can i ask how you wish to repay this?

Me: As i said, i don't wish to repay anything to you.

BS: (Muffled, didn't catch this)

Me: I am just flicking through the DirectGov website, i can't see anything here that says i must pay back money. (I wasn't)

BS: A rep made three visits to your property, you were charged a levy and a walking possession charge was also applied.

Me: And... I don't have to pay this, i've cancelled the standing order, and if you carry on, you will have the courts to answer to.

BS: Sir, i understand what you are saying, but this must be paid back.

Me: I don't understand what you are saying, you are trying to f***ing rob me.

BS: If you use that kind of language i will have to terminate this call.

Me: And what will that resolve eh? Now if i want to swear because i don't agree with the b*llocks you are coming out with, i will.

BS: I must tell you that if the money isn't paid back, you will recieve a court order.

Me: Go on then.

BS: I will allow you 14 days as that is the legal amount of time you have to make an offer.

Me: I have an offer for you, i will pay you one pence, every month, for the rest of my life, out of good will.

BS: Clients are usually allowed six months to clear debts.

Me: And what is that in pounds and pence?

BS: I will just work it out. (Long Pause) As you have been repaying weekly, i have worked it out weekly, it came at around £3.50 a week, do you wish to repay £10 a week as you have been doing? Or i can offer to lower this to £5 a week.

Me: I want to pay... (Pause) Nothing.

BS: I must remind you of the...

Me: Of the what? Bull****. Now, don't f***ing mess me around, i know that once the council take the debt back, there is absolutely f**k all you can do now. So carry on...

BS: Mr XXX that claim is untrue. I am now going to terminate this call (Pause)

Me: Go on then...

BS: I will

Me: (Hung up, couldn't be bothered with the lies anymore)

I knew what was what, they didn't call back, they probably wont send me any mail or anything, it was all bullcrap. I can't believe it, and this is honestly true, i got most of the conversation recorded, going to take it to the council, where else shall i stick it?

Having Fun With Debitas:

(something I found on tinters)

> Debitas: Hello can I speak to Mr X

> Me: You are

> Debitas: Ok, can you confirm your date of birth

> Me: Nope

> Debitas: Sorry

> Me: You're forgiven

> Me: ...

> Debitas: I guess you know what this is about - call us back (hangs up)

> Call 2:

> Debitas: Hello can I speak to Mr X

> Me: Who?

> Debitas: Mr X

> Me: Why would you like to speak to him?

> Debitas: Sorry...?

> Me: You're forgiven

> Debitas: Is this Mr X

> Me: Oh, well why don't you tell me your name first

> Debitas: That's irrelevant

> Me: But if you want to get to know me then it's only right I get to

> know you as well

> Debitas: (hangs up)

> Call 3:

> Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X

> Me: He's dead

> Debitas: Oh, can you send us a copy of the death certificate?

> Me: Nope - I don't know who you are

> Debitas: We are Debitas Legal Services part of the capital one group

> Me: And...?

> Debitas: Erm, give me a sec (hangs up)

> Call 4:

> Debitas: Hello, can I...

> Me: (interupting) I was just sleeping

> Debitas: Can I speak to...

> Me: (interupting) What, I'm going back to sleep (hangs up)

> Call 5:

> Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X

> Me: Only if I can speak to Santa Claus

> Debitas: Sorry (hangs up)

> Me: Why hello Debitas, I was worried about you

> Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X

> Me: Where have you been, you've not called since last night

> Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X please

> Me: But you haven't explained why you didn't call me

> Me: Well it's been 12 hours since your last call

> Debitas: Are you Mr X?

> Me: What does your screen tell you?

> Debitas: I need to confirm some security questions

> Me: That's nice

> Debitas: Can you confirm your date of birth?

> Me: Maybe - can you ask me nicely

> Debitas: I'll call you back in 20 mins (hangs up)

> Debitas: Hello, can I speak to Mr X?

> Me: Who?

> Debitas: Mr X

> Me: And why do you want to speak to him

> Debitas: That's confidential

> Me: So are his whereabouts so we're at a stalemate aren't we?

> Debitas: Erm.......(hangs up)

> Me: Oh thank goodness you called

> Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X please?

> Me: Who is calling?

> Debitas: Debitas

> Me: Why are you calling

> Debitas: To discuss an outstanding capital one debt

> Me: Thank you for breaching the DPA - this call has been recorded

> (hangs up)

> Debitas: Can I speak to Mr X please?

> Me: Maybe

> Debitas: Can you confirm your date of birth?

> Me: 25/12/00

> Me: 25/12/00 - I am Jesus

> Me: That's Ok, I forgive all sins

> Debitas: Is this Mr X

> Me: You are speaking to Jesus

> Debitas: Urm.....(hangs up)

> Me: Hello, Napolean Bonepart speaking

> Me: No, you're speaking to Napolean Bonepart

> Debitas: Is Mr X there?

> Me: Yes, he's being sedated, I am Napolean

> Debitas: Can you ask Mr X to call us

> Me: Do you speak French

> Debitas: Erm, No

> Me: pourquoi vous n'allez pas bâton votre tête vers le haut de votre

> fond (why don't you go stick your head up your bottom)

> Debitas: Sorry, I don't speak French

> Me: I AM NAPOLEAN!!

> Debitas: .... (hangs up)

> Me: Hello, Mr X speaking

> Debitas: Is that Mr X?

> Me: No, it's Mr X

> Debitas: Can you tell me your date of birth

> Me: Only if you tell me yours

> Debitas: I can see you're not willing to help yourself

> Me: Help myself to what? Are yu giving something away?

> Debitas: We'll call you back (hangs up)

> Me: Hello

> Me: You'll have to speak up, I lost my hearing aid

> Debitas: (shouting) Can I speak to Mr X

> Me: Speaking - how can I help you

> Debitas: This is Mr Y from Debitas

> Me: Sorry - speak up

> Debitas: (shouting) This is Mr Y from Debitas, I need you to pass some

> security questions

> Me: That's nice

> Debitas: Can you confirm your date of birth and post code?

> Me: Sorry - speak up boy!

> Debitas: Can you confirm your date of birth and post code?

> Me: I don't really want to

> Debitas: If it makes you feel any better, these details are available

> to the public on the electoral role

> Me: Great! Why don't you confirm my details there and call me back!!

> Debitas: How is that confirming your identity?

> Me: Speak up

> Debitas: (shouting) How is that confirming your identity

> Me: I don't need to confirm my identity - I know who I am

> Debitas: Right Mr X, I assume you know what this is about, have you

> received our letters?

> Me: Oh hang on, I've just found my hearing aid

> Debitas: You are not helping yourself and you'll learn this in the

> future

> Me: Oh dear - are you gonna send the boys around?

> Debitas: A bailiff may be sent around

> Me: Oh I hope he's the rugby type - does he have a firm bum?

> Debitas: Keep your mobile on Mr X (hangs up)

> Me: Hello, thank you for calling Mr X, Calls may be recorded for

> quality and monitoring purposes. Please select from the following

> options to continue...

> Debitas: (silence)

> Me: Press 1 if you are a moron, Press 2 if you are cute, Press 3 if

> you'd like some money, Press 4 if you'd like to give me some money or

> press the hash key to get high

> Debitas: (a button is pressed)

> Me: (hangs up)

Just realised that there are stacks of these, so will leave the link for you to peruse at your leisure,:D Which emergency service do you require! Sweet:lol:

Debitas, found on a financial web site - alt.clearing.technology | Google Groups

Thanks i have had lots of ideas for anyone wanting money who calls

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi there everyone,

I have been reading bits and bobs from this lovely examples of how to answer their calls.

To tell you the truth I have avoided these kind of things (their calls) as I have changed the number. :p

Why would i be bother to talk to the thieves when all they do is printing automated computer letters and really they wouldn't even know what is printed!

Not to mention about the law....

On one point I thought that they will reply with these kind of letters just to have free lessons from us (this site) so they do not have to pay for the training:eek:.

I am rather amazed of how this financial institutions are ripping us off just because they would like to apply charges whenever they feel like and how much they like.

Anyway, let's enjoy this Xmas to the maximum.

Have a good xmas out there everyone and good rest for the next rounds.

It was once said: Divide et Impera..that is what they wanted..............but we now say:

United Kindom it is, United we stand!

DD:cool:

white comfy knickers.

Syco seems about right for Simon Cowell

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Whatchya testing car2403? :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Please dont tell me Capquest are now a public limited company

For your information:- Noted as : - Capquest Debt Recovery Limited, Registeration No: - 3772278. CC Act licence No: - 475757, straight off one of their letter Heads.

Regards Mike.

imageresizer.jpg

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

me too :p

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

Today I'm wearig black lacy ones :D

:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If capquest are a plc, I must buy a few shares

and then be a most difficult person at the annual meeting

Perhaps we could all chip in and make CAG members the majority shareholder.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks