• Tweets

• What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sentiments exactly...after years of misery and worry this thread puts it all into perspective and turns the dreaded demons I was in fear of into laughable clowns with their pants down...perfect.:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::p:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with you there!:DI even managed to find humour in the situation where Barclayshark sent debt collecter from Scottcall to try and terroise me in my own home but thanks to CAG i was able to take it all in my srtide where as before something like that happening would have totally freaked me out!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rang up RCS yesterday to inform them that the person who they were sending letters too for payment, wouldn't in fact pay a penny after all.:eek:

This infuriated the woman on the other end, falling over her words and unable to spit out any threat she could think of, eventually asking me 'why won't she be paying then?'

Boo 'well, because she won't'

RCS ' Thats OK then, we'll just take her to court and get her to pay that way'

Boo 'OK then, look forward to it!'-laughing

RCS ' Fine!'-slams phone down

I do have it recorded on my truecall, and will keep it squirreled away.

What I had intended to say was the reason the woman wouldn't be paying, is in fact because she doesn't live here, and hasn't done for over a year,(previous occupier) but I just got carried away with myself and was in an argumentative mood, just wondering how long I can drag it out for:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am waiting for the bailiffs to visit the previous tenant of the property I occupy. My dog is getting fed up with waiting too!#

I will not co operate.

I have given up watching TV so I also have someone else to play with when they come calling.

I have decided 'No longer Mr nice guy'

GK

My recent email to a DCA:

Dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your politely worded and articulate letter dated 19

February in which you advised that you are acting on behalf of

bcwgroup (Vodafone Connect Ltd) "who has passed your debt to us for

recovery."

Your letter, which uses a nice blend of red and black (being a Man Utd

fan, I found that to be especially endearing) goes on to state that

your client is anxious to resolve this issue and has instructed you to

collect the balance in full and states that the above balance must now

be paid to you immediately (the last word written in a fetching bold

font).

Unfortunately, as I have advised Buchanan Clark and Wells, and all the

numerous people that have written to me or called me over the years,

this is not a debt that I have ever taken out and is not attributable

to me. Despite this, the numerous companies and BCW themselves have

ignored this salient point and continued to press for payment on a

disputed debt. The company that have passed this debt to you have

totally disregarded the Office of Fair Trading 'Debt Collection

Guidance - final guidance on unfair business practices' (I have kindly

attached a copy, which you may want to forward to them).

As I am sure you are aware, section 2.6h of this guidance states that

"Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

ignoring and disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are

disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment".

In addition, Section 2.8i states that "Examples of unfair practices

are as follows:

failing to investigate and/or provide details as appropriate, when a

debt is queried or disputed, possibly resulting in debtors being

wrongly pursued." whilst Section 2.8k adds "not ceasing collection

activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

I would be very grateful if you would kindly investigate this matter

with the same fervour and dedication that you put into wording and

colouring your letters.

In closing, I am also aware from previous conversations that the debt

actually relates to a mobile phone contract taken out by somebody in

the 1990s. In order to help you accelerate your administrative work

and remove my name from your records, I would like to conclude by

advising that this debt is statute barred and that continuing to press

for payment could amount to harassment contrary to section 40(1) of

the administration of Justice Act 1970.

Once again, many thanks for your interest in my financial affairs.

Kind regards,

Martyn

I've heard nothing since... :)

I had some fun with Lowell the other day.

I managed to get the word 'threat-o-gram' into the conversation.... that totally threw the monkey on the other end!!!

It was very funny. :D

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

I agree with you there!:DI even managed to find humour in the situation where Barclayshark sent debt collecter from Scottcall to try and terroise me in my own home but thanks to CAG i was able to take it all in my srtide where as before something like that happening would have totally freaked me out!

That's something I haven't had to deal with yet...just had the threat-o-grams and phone calls from pre-pubescent monkeys....what do you do when they turn up!!!:eek:....Is it like halloween where you give em a bag of sweets and tell them to bog off till next year?

What is the best way to deal with a monkey who has an A-Z or Sat Nav and finds his way to one's humble abode?.....I'm just starting on the Barclayshark path so fore-warned is fore-armed;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

That's something I haven't had to deal with yet...just had the threat-o-grams and phone calls from pre-pubescent monkeys....what do you do when they turn up!!!:eek:....Is it like halloween where you give em a bag of sweets and tell them to bog off till next year?

What is the best way to deal with a monkey who has an A-Z or Sat Nav and finds his way to one's humble abode?.....I'm just starting on the Barclayshark path so fore-warned is fore-armed;-)

A couple of options.

Don't answer the door, if they can't speak to you they can't intimidate you.

Another option, assuming you didn't go for the first option, once you have opened the door tell them to 'go away' and slam the door in their face. These people have NO powers of entry at all. They have identical powers to the Avon lady. If they loiter around outside your home you can call the police (but not 999) and have them removed for a breach of the peace. You can warn them you are going to call the police regarding the breach of the peace and that should be enough to make them go away without actually having to call the cops.

A couple of options.

Don't answer the door, if they can't speak to you they can't intimidate you.

Another option, assuming you didn't go for the first option, once you have opened the door tell them to 'go away' and slam the door in their face. These people have NO powers of entry at all. They have identical powers to the Avon lady. If they loiter around outside your home you can call the police (but not 999) and have them removed for a breach of the peace. You can warn them you are going to call the police regarding the breach of the peace and that should be enough to make them go away without actually having to call the cops.

Thank you:) I shall bear that in mind should they come a calling..:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hypothetically....If I were to murder a member of a DCA who turned up on my doorstep and began to aggrovate me, as there is no longer the option of hanging in this country, would I run the risk of being tumble dried?:D

Sorry couldn't resist it.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hypothetically....If I were to murder a member of a DCA who turned up on my doorstep and began to aggrovate me, as there is no longer the option of hanging in this country, would I run the risk of being tumble dried?:D

Sorry couldn't resist it.:)

:lol::lol::lol:

Vilcol

Vilcol House

97 Ewell Road

Surbiton

Surrey

KT6 6AH

Freepost KT4821, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 6BR

Tel: 0870 7706643

Fax: 0870 7706645

DX: 57504 Tolworth

also same address

Village Investigations Ltd.

Rubicon

and they had an extion planning application

Site description

97 Ewell Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 6AH

Application type

Full Application

Date received

10/01/2002

Date valid

10/01/2002

Details

Erection of a first floor front extension, access ramp and external alterations associated with new reception area. (Duplicate of 02/07008).

pity it got refused

Status

Refused 27/02/2002

Level

Delegated Decision

Decision target date:

07/03/2002

Hi

I am training to teach and whilst doing a bit of reserarch for an essay, came across this:

Written work.

• Has a poor standard of written work compared with oral ability (Threat Monkeys)
  • Has poor handwriting with badly formed letters (Threat Monkeys)
  • Produces badly set out or messily written work, with spellings crossed out several times (Threat Monkeys)
  • Spells the same word differently in one piece of work (Threat Monkeys)
  • Has difficulty with punctuation and/or grammar (Threat Monkeys)
  • Writes a great deal but 'loses the thread' (Threat Monkeys)
  • Finds tasks difficult to complete on time (Threat Monkeys, CCA's and SAR's etc)
  • Appears to know more than can be committed to paper (Phone Monkeys)

Reading.

• Omits, repeats or adds extra words (Threat Monkeys and Phone Monkeys e.g. er um er um er))
  • Reads at ... a low level of comprehension (Threat Monkeys)
  • Fails to recognise familiar words e.g. Consumer Credit Act (Threat Monkeys)
  • Loses his place - or uses a finger or marker to keep the place (Threat Monkeys)
  • Has difficulty in pin-pointing the main idea in a passage (Threat Monkeys)

Numeracy.

• Finds difficulty remembering tables and/or basic number sets (Dates, times and Interest Rates)
  • Finds sequencing problematic (what happened when)
  • Confuses signs such as x for + (figures don;t add up right)
  • Misreads questions that include words (Ususally CCA & SAR requests)
  • Finds mental arithmetic at speed very difficult (Say no more)
  • Finds memorising formulae difficult (what do you think?

Other areas.

• Has indeterminate hand preference (we all know they are w*****ers)
  • Has difficulty in finding the name for an object (an apology usualy)
  • Has clear processing problems at speed (during phone calls)
  • Misunderstands complicated questions (Can you prove it? Do I really owe this amount?)
  • Finds holding a list of instructions in memory difficult, although can perform all tasks when told individually (CCA, SAR, Get Lost.......)

Behaviour.

• Is disorganised or forgetful e.g. over sports equipment, lessons, homework, appointments, agreements and other important documents
  • Is immature and/or clumsy (no really?)
  • Has difficulty relating to others: is unable to 'read' body language
  • Is often in the wrong place at the wrong time (usually on teh other end of my phone!)

My conclusions

All DCA's are Dyslexic.......

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

"Vilcol is one of the UK's premier credit management companies"

Well I've never heard of this lot. They keep a low profile for a 'premier company'

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

vilcol.jpg

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

infobutton0.GIF

aboutbutton0.GIFservbutton0.GIFnewsbutton0.GIFinstructbutton0.GIF

Vilcol is one of the UK's premier credit management companies that focuses on assisting Mr Fuzzy Bobble in his campaign of DCA Baiting. We welcome discussions on bumble bees and won't badger anyone for any money that isn't rightfully ours.

We abide by the rules in every case and wouldn't dream of making our clients victims by sending Threat-o-Grams. Innovative and Pathetic Credit Professionals Who Believe in Intimidation ,Harassing our Clients People and training our Monkeys to answer the phone and read a script.

home | contact | about us | services | news | instruct us | info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

infobutton0.GIF

aboutbutton0.GIFservbutton0.GIFnewsbutton0.GIFinstructbutton0.GIF

Vilcol is one of the UK's premier credit management companies that focuses on assisting Mr Fuzzy Bobble in his campaign of DCA Baiting. We welcome discussions on bumble bees and won't badger anyone for any money that isn't rightfully ours.

We abide by the rules in every case and wouldn't dream of making our clients victims by sending Threat-o-Grams. Innovative and Pathetic Credit Professionals Who Believe in Intimidation ,Harassing our Clients People and training our Monkeys to answer the phone and read a script.

home | contact | about us | services | news | instruct us | info

If they ever call me, I will instruct them to sexually depart.

Fred

Thank you all for your contributions, I have seen their premises on the Google street pictures, doesnt look very inspiring.

I shall await further developments(if any) with interest ) and they can then get a "Bemused" or variation on the foxtrot oscar letter

Has anyone ever tried this kids game when DCA's ring up?

Monkey...May I speak to Jemima Crump please?

Jemima...May I speak to Jemima Crump please?

Monkey..This is Fleeceyousilly Debt Collectors may I please speak to Miss Crump on a matter of urgency.

Jemima..This is Fleeceyousilly Debt Collectors may I please speak to Miss Crump on a matter of urgency.

Monkey...Is Miss Jemima crump available please

Jemima ...Is Miss jemima....etc etc.

Second thoughts, perhaps it's stooping to their level of juvenile mentality.:p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks