Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just out of interest, here is a scan of a Royal Mail Recorded Delivery POD from one of our highly educated respected DCA's, It rather gives credence to the theory that staff are recruited from local nursery schools, or drying out centres for spiders on crack cocaine !

Looks like a 2 year olds drawing of the Simpsons

:lol:

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By the way, saw on youtube the other day a guy using conference calling to get two chinese restaurants talking to each other. If you fancy a crack at 2 DCA's at once might be worth the laugh.

Who's got the bottle? fuzzybobble has...?...not me 'cos I'm still a newbie

Many thanks for all the help so far and this thread, which brings a wry smile and laughs my socks into orbit.... :D

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

I'd love to have a go at this, but I don't have the facility to record a 3 way phone conversation. I'd also have the problem with my phone not being able to handle 2 calls at the same time. It's easy to do in a radio studio, as their setup is designed to work that way. Years ago I used to help out at the weekends at a local radio station. :D

If I can find a way around it, I'll certainly give it a try. Getting two DCA muppets talking to each other would be quite fun to hear them getting frustrated asking "security" questions, and both refusing to answer them.

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

could use bt 3 way calling ( conference ) part of star services , something like £3.99 a month, depending how your recording device is attached to the phone , if the device lets you use star services it should be ok ( check the device manual for this )

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I'd love to have a go at this, but I don't have the facility to record a 3 way phone conversation. I'd also have the problem with my phone not being able to handle 2 calls at the same time. It's easy to do in a radio studio, as their setup is designed to work that way. Years ago I used to help out at the weekends at a local radio station. :D

If I can find a way around it, I'll certainly give it a try. Getting two DCA muppets talking to each other would be quite fun to hear them getting frustrated asking "security" questions, and both refusing to answer them.

Can you record from a mobile? Most networks (well, I know Orange and Vodafone do) offer conference calling so you could do it that way? Or maybe set two calls up on the mobile, conference in your landline/skype and record it from there.

A google search for "VOIP conference call software" brings up some interesting hits...

A quick look suggests you'd have to phone the second DCA, and pay for the phone call.

Carpe Jugulum

Hi all, I've been reading this thread for only 2 days now so i'm nowhere near the end ;) this is the letter I intend to send to scotcall, it gives all the info I have, i just wonder if this qualifies as cheekiness?

Dear Mrs Threat Monkey

I am writing in response to your "DOORSTEP COLLECTION NOTICE" Letter recieved by myself today, the REF Number on the letter is; xxxxxxxx.

Firstly I would like to make it clear to you that I do not acknowledge any Debt to your Company or to United Utilities, I have NEVER RECEIVED any correspondence whatsoever regarding any debt to either You or United Utilities.

I will also like to point out that I have tried to contact you via the telephone number provided on your letter, unfortunately it was anwered by a machine, I left a message including a telephone number you could contact me on almost a week ago, you have not rung so I must assume that you do not feel that this matter is as urgent as you claim in your letter.

Please also take note that I refuse you permission to send anyone to my door, you know the rules regarding doorstep calls and so do I, so if you do send anyone round they will be told that they are trepassing and asked to leave, if they do not leave I WILL call the police and report you to all relevent regulatory bodies.

Also if either United Utilities or yourselves are illegally passing my data to any of the Credit Reference Agenies, then stop, remove any illegally used data from my credit files, please note that this is not a request it is a demand. If there was once a contract between The xxxx Bar and United Utilities which included permission to process said data, then that permission was withdrawn at the end of the contract. That contract ended almost 3 years ago, therefore if either you or United Utilities are processing my data then DON'T. If I find that either of you are still doing so at the end of this month, March 2009, then I will start a county court claim to force it's removal and claim damages under the law of defamation. This is the only warning you will recieve.

Could you please provide me at the earliest date possible, and to ensure any payment which may be owed is not unduely delayed, proof of any debt, this to include any Consumer Credit Agreement, which must include ALL presribed terms and proof that I have previously been contacted in reference to this Debt by firstly United Utilities and then by yourselves. Do not proceed with any Enforcement action until you have furnished these proofs as I strongly DISPUTE this Debt.

I find it impossible to believe that United Utilities has not mentioned the Debt before, I am still a customer and I pay my bills to United Utilities by Direct Debit every month.

I also find it very suspicious that United Utilities has not given you my Name, only the Name of a Business, which stopped trading almost 3 years ago, at which time all outstanding payments were paid to the best of my knowledge.

Please note, I am in no way refusing to pay any money I may owe, but only once it has been proved that a debt exist.

I would also like to see any Proof you have, to establish your rights to claim this money or to start legal proceeding against me, I have at no time had any contact or dealings with your Company, so you must understand that as I have no knowledge of this debt or your company, then I would be foolish indeed to pay any monies to you until I have established that there is a Debt and You have the right to Claim that Debt. Especially considering the recent Publicity regarding this exact sort of thing being a CON, as highlighted on the BBC's Watchdog programme recently.

If i do not recieve a reply within 7 days of the date on this letter then I will assume that you waive any right you may think that you have with regard to this and any future claim against the xxxx Bar, and any/all data registered with any Credit Reference Agency about this disputed/alledged debt has or is in the process of being removed.

of course I will be signing it with a big X

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Hi

my favourite tact is when I anwser calls from dcas is when they ask for info such as post code, date of birth I always quote the data protection act and refuse to give them any information ,I find this really peevs them off, and they will then normally hang up

bob

I am also thinking of adding this to the end.......

STATEMENT OF HEALTH. (Medical condition desciptions taken from Cambridge Dictionaries Online - Cambridge University Press)

I am being treated by my doctor for depression (a mental illness which causes feelings of sadness and loss of hope) and anxiety (a medical condition characterized by continual feelings of fear and worry. Please don't use scare tactics or idol threats, If you say the you are starting legal proceeding then you must start said proceeding, failure to do so WILL result in me starting a county court claim for damages for your deliberate attempts to scare me and cause mental distress/harm.

Any thoughts??

Edited by c_allen
smiley in an inappropriate place

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

Hi

my favourite tact is when I anwser calls from dcas is when they ask for info such as post code, date of birth I always quote the data protection act and refuse to give them any information ,I find this really peevs them off, and they will then normally hang up

bob

:p me too robbie! I say such things as ...who are you again??? ...I don't know you from adam...haven't you heard of identity theft...how do I know you are who you say you are... you could be someone who has gone rooting through my bins ... you could be trying to clone my identity... would you give out your personal details to someone you don't know???

They don't have an answer and it does peeve them big time, very satisfying :lol:

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Brilliant piece Fuzzy and I like your style Jobmid ;)

Barclaycard are my thorn at the mo - they really do not like it when I tell them to read the stop harrass letter which they signed for on 17/02 :D

I've started to ask them to hang on and I'll get the person they want to speak to and just put the phone under my bottom. I do go back every now and again to see if they are still there, but they tend to hang on for about 5 mins then give up :D

Lies, lies and more lies ?

Credit Today online

1st Credit Chief executive Najib Nathoo: "It can happen to any company. It doesn’t mean to say the company is a bad company or the president is a bad president,"

Sorry - I need to go find a mop now, a large puddle appeared under my chair...

It is understood that Nathoo has implemented several changes to processes - such as the way letters are scripted and policies for dealing with sensitive cases.

I wonder if they'll ever introduce the new letters, or is it that they just have a massive stock of the old ones?

And: http://www.credittoday.co.uk/forum/messageview.cfm?thread=408&forum=3

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Brilliant piece Fuzzy and I like your style Jobmid ;)

Barclaycard are my thorn at the mo - they really do not like it when I tell them to read the stop harrass letter which they signed for on 17/02 :D

I've started to ask them to hang on and I'll get the person they want to speak to and just put the phone under my bottom. I do go back every now and again to see if they are still there, but they tend to hang on for about 5 mins then give up :D

Cheers for that. there is nothing like calling a good dca and getting the most silly person at the end of the call AIB have now told me that they listened to the telephone recording and have asked global debt recovery to sack the agent another win for cag one less treat money to call you

Another threat monkey for the Job Centre interview and form filling in then.

Maybe they'll want to send him on a college course to learn how to work in a minimum wage factory job. Opps. I forgot, there aren't any. :D

I enquired about college courses. I thought I may as well get some extra qualifications this year, as around here 70-100 apply for each job, so chances of employment this year for me are looking a bit bleak. Half the things you apply for receive no response at all.

I had a choice of...... Learning how to work in manufacturing. (done 9 years of it in quality control already.) :rolleyes:

Basic computer skills...... (I have half a degree in IT through the OU already.) :rolleyes:

Basic Literacy and Numeracy..... (I know when a DCA's is trying it on, so I think I'm quite ok. If it wasn't for the wine in my keyboard causing it to miss letters out occasionally + typing after a few drinks.) :D

• Haha 1

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

The website I get my free fax-to-email service and 0870 number for making the DCAs pay for calling me is now offering free conference calls...

The company is called YAC. I can't put the website link up, but it's a .co.uk address.

Carpe Jugulum

If they won't call you, call them. :D

Even if you don't have an account or an address they recognise, they'll have lots of fun trying to come up with something on their screen. That means 10 mins less on their shift they have harassing peeps who haven't discovered CAG yet.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

A Far-Eastern voice from Debitas 'Legal' Services has phoned 3 times every day this week for OH, now I tell them a letter was posted 1st class, recorded delivery, yesterday and it is in their offices now...... but I have to speak to Mr AA99, ah but he doesn't talk on the phone, ah but why not? ah but he is deaf, ah but, ok goodbye:)

Barclaycard wouldn't send my CCA (since November). I asked repeatedly and they ignored me and referred me to RMA. I told RMA three times over the last three weeks that the account was in dispute and actually they were very good and only phoned once a week.

Today I got a letter which said ".....we will have no hesitation in returning this debt back to Barclaycard... you must phone us immediately."

So I did, and told the guy that it was totally fabulous, that I was so thrilled, that I had been asking them to do this for three weeks,and thank you, thank you so, so much.

And bless you!!

DD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks