Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm after some help please. I've got problems with Lowell Financial Ltd. They have brought an apparent debt from about 8 years ago and are trying to get me to pay, i'm not at all worried about them but my question is are the allowed to credit score me? I checked my credit file today to find out that they have credit scored me not once but 8 times without my permission. My credit file shows all accounts as being well kept or settled. Are they allowed to just credit check me like that or are they breaching data protection/human rights etc????

Thanks

Stumpy3220

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm after some help please. I've got problems with Lowell Financial Ltd. They have brought an apparent debt from about 8 years ago and are trying to get me to pay, i'm not at all worried about them but my question is are the allowed to credit score me? I checked my credit file today to find out that they have credit scored me not once but 8 times without my permission. My credit file shows all accounts as being well kept or settled. Are they allowed to just credit check me like that or are they breaching data protection/human rights etc????

Thanks

Stumpy3220

You really need to start your own thread about this. If you have not acknowledged the debt or made payment to them in over 6 years, then this is statute barred. Starting your own thread means you will get the help you need as your post will get lost amid this cheekiness.....

Time to put one in that's the reverse of this thread really - Cheekiness BY a DCA!

I hate spam at the best of times, and I'm struggling along trying to sort out some major PC issues here as it is, so I was not amused to get the following just now:

Direct Collections Ltd

ARE YOU OWED MONEY?

IS YOUR DEBTOR LAUGHING?

HAS THE LEGAL SYSTEM

HANDCUFFED YOU?

WOULD YOU LIKE THE LAST LAUGH?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----

YOU CAN!

BY SENDING IN ONE OF OUR TEAMS OF PROFESSIONAL

COLLECTORS TO YOUR DEBTOR'S BUSINESS OR HOME.

-----

PERSISTENT - PERSUASIVE - PROFESSIONAL

THAT'S HOW WE RECOVER YOUR MONEY!

WE DON'T BREAK THE LAW, BUT WE DO GET RESULTS

CHECK OUT OUR REFERENCES THEY ARE IMPECCABLE!

IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING YOUR MONEY BACK GET THE JOB DONE

THE EFFECTIVE WAY-

Call Now 0800 091 4907

-----

www.directcollectionsltd.co.uk email: [email protected]

"After the courts and the system failed to recover my money, I contacted

Direct Collections Ltd. They were very helpful, gave me advice, negotiated

on my behalf and within four weeks they had recovered my money from a very difficult debtor." Satisfied customer

For debts of over £1000 contact us now and if it's collectable we will

collect it!

Direct Collections Ltd, Temple House, 221-225 Station Road, Harrow,

Middlesex, HA1 2TH

I'm sure there are a few people on here that will take exception to these wild claims that companies like this stand any chance of recovering anything other than old chairs (Recover furniture: services for reupholstering chairs and furniture refurbishment for example)

A suitable reply has been sent to these muppets...

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

shouldn't that be forwarded to FOS and OFT?

I should have explained - it wasn't sent to me as a DCA threat, but as an email advertising a service, on a business-to-business level I suppose.

I used to have my own business, and the domain name is still active. It came through on that address.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I would love to have some of these Professional, Persuasive, Persistant muppets call at my door.

Give them a call and invite them round for tea...?

Time to put one in that's the reverse of this thread really - Cheekiness BY a DCA!

I hate spam at the best of times, and I'm struggling along trying to sort out some major PC issues here as it is, so I was not amused to get the following just now:

I'm sure there are a few people on here that will take exception to these wild claims that companies like this stand any chance of recovering anything other than old chairs (Recover furniture: services for reupholstering chairs and furniture refurbishment for example)

A suitable reply has been sent to these muppets...

:eek: I used to work in Temple House when it was an outstation to the local College!! (as a Lecturer not as a debt-collector I hasten to add!)

From their website Direct Collections Ltd - Face to Face Debt Collection Agency | Debt Recovery UK | Debt Collectors

Trading License No.: 512588. Licensed in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act (1974)

Company Reg. 4307699. Registered Company Address : 187a Field End Road, Eastcode, Pinner, Middlesex HAS 1QR.

Our collectors presence is required because debtors have usually begun to ignore letters and/or phone calls, made empty promises or issued invalid cheques.

These are all clear warning signs that a personal visit is going to be the most effective way of getting through to them - its not easy to ignore our debt collectors on the doorstep.

With offices in London, Cheshire and Glasgow we are able to offer a nationwide debt collection service. Our trained investigators / negotiators will initially contact debtors by telephone and professionally negotiate settlements or arrange a meeting to open the line of communication to recover your money.

In lots of cases debtors are ignoring letters, faxes, emails and telephone calls. In these situations a visit from one of our collectors is the way forward for recovering your debt.

I suppose the London branch is run by the Richardson/Kray families & the Glasgow branch by the Tongs:rolleyes:

These are all clear warning signs that a personal visit is going to be the most effective way of getting through to them - its not easy to ignore our debt collectors on the doorstep.

Kind of sums them up really :rolleyes:

So the old rules of having to make an appointment 1st with the debtor & must go away if told to...dont seem to apply to them.

This lot are obviously nothing but deluded cowboys who will be brought down to earth with a bump once CAG has finshed with them :D

• Haha 1

when a DCA phones me up they usually ask me to confirm my date of birth. So when I give them a different one on purpose it throws them a bit.

Of course that doesn't stop them from asking you to confirm your postcode. Naturally they get a false one as well. (Note: give them the post code for one of your other creditors:grin:). When (IF?) they type it into a computer they may query it as being a business address so just say its a flat above a shop.

If they still try to carry on, stop them by saying they have clearly demonstrated that you are not the person they are after. The phone number would be the same obviously!!! since they rang it.

Tell them you now suspect fraud/ ID theft, and that you will notify the police the same day. They tend to get off the phone pretty quick. This worked so well that the oldest debt I had got written off by the DCA within a couple of days of the call.

Something I forgot to add, whenever I go online and get those irritating popups to receive a email based newsletter I always add the email address of the last DCA to contact me.:D

What a fantastic idea :lol::lol:

Direct Collections Ltd

ARE YOU OWED MONEY?

IS YOUR DEBTOR LAUGHING?

HAS THE LEGAL SYSTEM

HANDCUFFED YOU?

-----

YOU CAN!

OOH Please come and see me in scorchio-land where its still legal to use ANY FORCE to expel trespassers, Especialy in country areas,

Now where did I put that shotgun :D

just got a spam. Do you think they would mind if I used their email address to unsubscribe? :D
I have passed their details to all my very rich 'Nigerian' Friends

IS YOUR DEBTOR LAUGHING

Actually peeing myself laughing at their stupidity. Have they not heard of T'internet and that there behaviour went out in the sixties.

-

its not easy to ignore our debt collectors on the doorstep

Its not easy to ignore a size 9 up your jacksie

bouncer.jpg

Direct Collections Ltd

ARE YOU OWED MONEY? Yes, we bought a £1k debt for £20

IS YOUR DEBTOR LAUGHING? Yes he is.

HAS THE LEGAL SYSTEM

HANDCUFFED YOU? Yes it has, and claims a legal right to do so.

WOULD YOU LIKE THE LAST LAUGH? Yes, but we'll lose in court if we try.

-----

YOU CAN!

That's ok then. The head of the CSA says it's ok, and his company who got busted by the OFT isn't anything to worry about really. Honest Guv.

Another DCA quote fuzzybobbled.

Disclaimer: Any DCA company appearing in one of my posts or videos is intentional. Any simalarity is deliberate. Want to take me to court for it? Try it and see what a large dose of negative publicity feels like. :p

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Another DCA quote fuzzybobbled.

Disclaimer: Any DCA company appearing in one of my posts or videos is intentional. Any simalarity is deliberate. Want to take me to court for it? Try it and see what a large dose of negative publicity feels like. :p

:lol::lol:

Direct Collections Ltd

ARE YOU OWED MONEY?

IS YOUR DEBTOR LAUGHING?

HAS THE LEGAL SYSTEM

HANDCUFFED YOU?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Call Now 0800 091 4907

You COULD always call their freephone number for which THEY pay for to discuss any of their advertised services with them.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks