Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, back to the cheekiness.

I had a rather irritating letter today from "Power2Contact" who seem to be an offshoot of my friends Credit Solutions. Now this lot I hate with a real vengeance. For a full version, see my post: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/84928-fred-bassett-egg-credit.html#post1913665

This is the letter I sent:

Power2Contact (Credit Solutions Ltd.)

Capella Court

Brighton Road

Purley

Surrey

CR8 2PG

12th January 2008

Dear Sirs,

ACCOUNT NUMBER XXXXXXXXXXX

I refer to your letter dated 2nd January 2008 which arrived today.

You state that I have ignored all of your client’s attempts to contact them and that I have failed to pay my account. Both of these statements are untrue. There have been no attempts to contact me and I have paid this account without fail since it was set up. I can of course prove this.

Quite why you are referring to ‘Your Clients’ when you are one and the same company is beyond me.

I will remind you that you are forbidden to visit me at my home. There is an implied licence under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission, the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Take note that I revoke licence under Common Law for you or your representatives to visit me at my property, and if you do will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be conspiring in a trespass if you sent someone to visit me nevertheless. If you persisted in your threat, I will obtain an injunction.

I have no intention of calling your ‘instructing agent’ in order that I can be verbally harassed and abused. In fact, please inform your ‘clients’ that I will no longer be dealing with them at all as in my opinion they are lying scumbags. I sent a cheque to them this morning but I will be making all future payments to Egg. I will also be copying this email to Egg to inform them of this.

Yours faithfully,

Fred Bassett

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yey Fred....I do love cheekiness ;)

I'm waiting for Aktiv Krapital to send me another letter so I can charge them for my response and research (after all, my previous letter told them I would do this, and that if they sent me yet another letter, the charges would apply).

'tis all thanks to CAG I can do this!

It's guid canny here like. Ya divvent kna what ya missin :eek:

Trust me on this one Clemma, it's not me who's missing out: Photo's Of Dorset - Home

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Ok, I give in. The only thing Sunderland has is this click.

Not my cup of tea though.

I work near here....

tyneside.jpg

....which is much better....

Edited by clemma
used the word "though" twice and it looked bad....

Ok, I give in. The only thing Sunderland has is this click.

Not my cup of tea though.

I work near here though

tyneside.jpg

which is much better....

It's a nice view. What is it?

Fred

Is that 4 go mad looking for the 5th or does the dawg count too?

Fred

I can Offer this DundeeFromTheAir2.jpgand this dundeefromfife.jpg

Just remember to keep smiling and ask if you need help. :-)

I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter, cos I come from Lincolnshire, and I can drive a tractor.

CCA sent to robinson way Halifax cc. 22/02/07~Sold on to Aktiv Kapital~How can you take them seriously when they can't spell properly

Data Protection Act sent to HBOS Current Account 22/02/07~All quiet

Over 2 yaers I've been a member~Doesn`t time fly when your having fun~or beating DCA's at their own game

@ Fred - 'tis the millennium bridge in Newcastle/Gateshead. I have this view everyday from the shiny building in the background of the photo :)

Clemma,

I love city views. I lived in South East London for quite a long time and from the top of my road you could see all the way over the Thames from Dagenham right over to the City of London - it was quite spectacular and I only wish I had taken some more photographs.

I've never been to Sunderland but when I do my world tour of England I will visit. Now I'm off to bed.

Bye!

Regards.

Fred

Clemma,

I love city views. I lived in South East London for quite a long time and from the top of my road you could see all the way over the Thames from Dagenham right over to the City of London - it was quite spectacular and I only wish I had taken some more photographs.

I've never been to Sunderland but when I do my world tour of England I will visit. Now I'm off to bed.

Bye!

Regards.

Fred

I see you are still online Fred.....can you not sleep :p

That's interesting Clemma - I went to bed at 11.30 and turned my PC off!

Fred

I like the fact that they obviously think calling themselves 'Power2contact', in fact gives them power to contact.

If they showed up here I would introduce them to my new firm its called 'Power2throwbucketofwateroveryouandtakepictures' I'm sure I'll find a good home to post the pictures on though :D

Which DCA should we bring down first?

Answers on a postcard :D

Clemma,

Bye!

Regards.

Fred

I wouldn't bother Fred.

Anyway, got another call off Blair, Oliver and Scott this morning.

Me: (having recognised the number on the caller id) Aye what?

Them: Can I speak to Berrylover?

Me: If you want.

Them: Pardon?

Me: You're pardoned.

Them: Excuse me?

Me: You're excused.

Them: Is this Berrylover?

Me: Indeed it is.

Them: This is scottish numpty from Blair, Oliver and Scott. We just need to go through security.

Me: Are you in an airport?

Them: Pardon?

Me: You're pardoned.

Them: I need to do a security check

Me: I am not prepared to give me details to you, you could be anyone.

Them: We need to resolve the problem with this account.

Me: Send me a valid copy of my signed CCA and I will.

Them: We will take the next course of action if you are unprepared to co-operate.

Me: What's that then?

Them: We will pass your details to an outside agency, which could involve a doorstep collection

Me: That's fine by me, collect my doorstep if you want, but I don't think my landlord will be too pleased, cos she owns the doorstep along with the rest of the house. Thank you for being the weakest link, Goodbye.

• Haha 4

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

I would love to know what the DCAS do with all these doorsteps they collect.

Sounds like a good idea for a weekly series by D'Agostini. Build up your collection of doorsteps in only 300 weeks.

Perhaps we could barricade them (DCAs) all in their "purpose built offices" with our doorsteps :D - cracking thread - has me in stiches x

Edited by jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks