• Tweets

• Post #9 suggested some options to avoid or put off having a smart meter. Post #12 a simple solution to your complaint about the ay they handle fixed monthly DD. It's not really clear why you posted if you're going get irate when members "jump in" with suggestions. You can see what I'm referring to on "gasracker.uk" to allay your suspicion that I was lying in Post #16 which was made to correct ther misinformation shown in your Post #15
    • Back to octopus from the smart meter/tariff salesperson. Octopus have now said just ignore the letter - I dont have to have one despite there letter implying (at least) it was required, but that i will HAVE to have a smart meter if current meters stop working as 'their suppliers dont supply non smart meters any more'. They also say they do not/will not disable any smart functionality when they fit a smart meter I am of course going to challenge that. Thats their choice of meter fitter/supplier problem not mine
    • Point taken that we should inform new Caggers that the £20 option is there in wrong registration cases.  Well, supposedly there, who knows what the PPCs would do in practice.  Anyway, the option is allegedly there with both the BPA as you say, but also the IPC (I've just checked). However, there's a danger here of baby, bathwater. The two easiest types of cases to win are (a) residential - due to Supremacy of Contract and (b) wrong registration - due to "de minimis".  Indeed until recently we has been boasting that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing. We simply can do nothing about a terrible judge.  The judge seems - I say seems because we haven't had all the details - to have ignored "de minimis",. got fixated on a sign and awarded unreasonable behaviour costs.  A totally bizarre judgement.
    • You mean your witness statement 
    • That may be your personal claimed experience I said i didn't want smart meters - you jumped in to recommend smart meters I quite clearly indicated I was happy with being in credit to maintain constant payments - you suggest paying what I owe every month I quite clearly indicated I was happy with being in credit to maintain constant payments - you suggest a variable tariff - even if its one that only varies on a daily basis rather than half/hourly - with prices higher in winter when you need it and lowest in summer when you need it least   politeness ends with: - I'm NOT interested in any smart tariff I see, You are pushing your smart meter + variable tariffs in the wrong place - try pushing them somewhere 'nearer to home'  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy new year to everybody Hope it's a good onenewyear5.gif

Just remember to keep smiling and ask if you need help. :-)

I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter, cos I come from Lincolnshire, and I can drive a tractor.

CCA sent to robinson way Halifax cc. 22/02/07~Sold on to Aktiv Kapital~How can you take them seriously when they can't spell properly

Data Protection Act sent to HBOS Current Account 22/02/07~All quiet

Over 2 yaers I've been a member~Doesn`t time fly when your having fun~or beating DCA's at their own game

Got a crowd leaving the local pub walking home at the mo, stopping and staring at the free laser show I'm providing :D

Is a perfect misty night up here. It's slightly misty but you can see half a mile away, so got lasers rigged up and turned them on 10 secs before midnight, and they're still on now lol. Will be till 1am or until the police arrive lol.

Happy new year everyone. :D:D:D:D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

and to ALL DCA muppets. Let's hope that each and every one of you are looking for REAL jobs next year as youe evil employers all feel the wrath of CAG. May you all have a truly Annus Horribilous. Please remember I have no favourite DCAs. I HATE you all equally

Edited by ODC

Happy New Year to all of the sad gits who are stuck in front of computer screens posting on the CAG instead of being out partying, of which I am most certainly one.

I am just happy that this year the wally in the next flat has gone out, so it is rather quiet here, apart from the very welcome sound of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart emitting from my speakers.

Won't be up too late - Vienna Philharmonic broadcasting to the world from the Muzikverein tomorrow as ever on January 1st, this time with Barenboim conducting.

Happy New Year to everyone on the CAG, DCA trolls excepted. The fight goes on, we are growing stronger, and will continue to do so.

It is a law of evolution that in time, everything which is superfluous will die out. The DCA is no exception to this rule.

SH

and to ALL DCA muppets. Let's hope that each and every one of you are looking for REAL jobs next year as you evil employers all feel the wrath of CAG. May you all have a teuly Annus Horribilous. Please remember I have no favourite DCAs. I HATE you all equally

But a little bit more for Bryan Carter and Moorcroft, 1st credit, Lowells, Cap 1, Mercers, BJ, Capquest, Frederickson's, Blair Oliver and Scott, Eversheds, Intrum Justititca, Iqor.....

Awww stuff it, to hell with the lot of them. Let 2009 be the year that fnishes off most DCA's as we know them, and may exam failure chavs get a proper job order picking in a warehouse and not exposed to ordinary, decent people, in the hope of gaining a commison/bonus from calling them.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I like your style Scabhunter!BTW you're not a sad git, you're among friends! Enjoy the music tomorrow.

Happy New Year to one and all.

2009 and we will go from strength to strength. Hope the DCAs are quaking in their boots.

All the Best everyone, Patma.

I treated myself to an avatar btw.Finally I worked out how to do it!

I've had a great new year. Family for lunch, then let the rest of them go to where they normally go for a night out. Pay £5 admission that for the rest of the year is free to go in. Sit and wait till midnight, then spend 2 mins singing Auld land Sign, then wait till the bar shuts half an hour later, then go home.

Tonight cost me £6 in beer, ideal misty night for laser show and got a crowd watching. Got my pick of tv, music, and dvds and didn't have to go out in the freezing cold. At midnight I also got to see about 20 different firework displays too. :D I had a great time.

My village has been fuzzybobbled and got a free laser show in return.

Edited by fuzzybobble

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Happy new year to everyone...from my thread :D

I got the first dead on midnight new year post though.

Who will get the 1st birthday post of this thread though. ;)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Of course im gonna remind everyone its MY thread....its my pride & joy :D

FB - the 1st anniversary is not till Febuary...ill be ready & waiting when the time comes ;)

I know when it is.

But the pleasure is yours for the birthday post.

I'm planning a special video for it too. :D

Shhh don't tell anyone, apart from the 100,000 who will read this post in the next 2 months.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I shouldn't have said anything....:p

ps In all seriousness though - this thread has inspired me,made me laugh out loud and given me courage - for that, I thank you. I am in the process of dealing with Aktiv Krapital who won't admit defeat on a SB alleged debt. Just waiting for their next load of tosh to fall on my doormat. My next letter will be filled with "cheekiness" and I will post on here :)

Edited by clemma

Happy new year Mr.Ton and thank you for giving me a thread that has made me laugh especially when i am not ment to but the say laughter cures everything.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Looks like the admin staff have been busy and deleted all "offending" posts.

Credit today is a grubby little operation, and all this proves they are so one sided. If Credit Today were in charge of this country, the first thing they would ban would be free speech.

Now Mr Ton, lets have a transcript of Uncle Ron's reply. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks