• Tweets

• No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
    • did you submit your directions
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now, on the presumption that some employees of DCA's are good practicising Catholics( I know its probably unlikely but there we are)

What do they say they have been up to against their fellow human beings during the week prior to confession?

And what would be the Priest inposed penalty?

3 Hail Marys?

or something more substantial lol

Should have next vids done soon. Been a bit tied up with family commitments for the last few days. Locutus is working on the videos for some calls to Capital One and I'm halfway through the "Uncle Bob from 1st Credit vs Judge Judy and the case of Bob's mum's mising rent and the bottle of urine. :D

I think I've watched about 60 hours of Judge Judy cases on Youtube to get the clips and quotes that fit with the Charles Holland and Bob Kingdon bits of the 1st Credit video. But the end result should be really funny.

Have any other DCA's made videos that I could have some fun editing?

awwww thanks fuzzy :Dgot a mate whos having issues still with dca over a cca thats not enforceable think u answered on his thread sticky62 i think is his name , hes still not sure why its unenforceable ive written him a letter to help but ill send him over next time i talk to him xxkia

Just got back from another mad day/evening/night out. :D My liver is waving a white flag and my costume needs washing too.

Yep send Sticky over Kia, read his thread crimbo morning I think and replied as best I could, as I had to take half the kitchen to my aunties and cook for 12 peeps.

Back to normal for me on monday, so will get video finished off, and back helping the new peeps again properly. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

I don't think they are correct either. :rolleyes:

I'm amazed they've even heard of the section 40 Admin Justice Act.

I had a bint from Iqor try and tell me that my harassment by phone letter didn't apply to them, and she could call me as often as they liked. She even said she was putting a note on the computer so I get even more calls. :D

That suits me, as in my last letter to them, I'm charging £5 a call. They owe me around £150 so far. The more calls the better I say, as I'm logging the time and date of each one. All the more evidence to get them slapped in a few weeks time. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Virgin Media have really annoyed me this morning :mad:

Ive had their media services since last November now & paid every bill without fail.

So just because this months bill is overdue, they have decided to add a late payment charge onto the next bill.

The funny thing is...ive paid past bills later than this before & not had any charges add on - so why now? :mad:

These companies & their attitudes towards their customers just totally stinks in my view.

Im so tempted to just be done with the whole thing (i wont miss it), just go buy a freeview box & let them pass it into to DCA land to try & collect.

After all - i need some threatograms, not had any for a while now :D

Much obliged

Just shows how dim they are

My letter was a "Bemused" as a.n.o has long defaulted on a CCA, and it has been round the houses.

Capo think I want them to provide a CCA, but havnt made any ref to fee, just the usual crp about not obliged to supply

Iqor seem to be getting a bit pushy these days?

Iqor seem to be hassling me most days. Twice this morning I get a gobby female with an attitude problem. Maybe my account has been marked by Halifax as a potential trouble maker?

I'm making sure I live up to their expectations. :D

Another call this morning was from AOL. I cancelled their crap service about 4 months ago and changed to BT.

Now AOL are claiming I owe them for 4 months Internet access. And late fee of £20 for each month. :rolleyes:

Just a shame for them I have a letter from them confirming the cancellation date. I'll wait till they send it to a DCA, then waste their time a bit, then slap them with a copy of the letter.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I think we are gonna see the real nasty side of companies & DCA's throughout 2009 as the economy goes into meltdown.

I also think we are gonna see a surge in visitor numbers to this site throughout 2009.

More DCA's breaking the law and guidelines and more people on here to report and complain about them.

That can only lead to us getting at least one of them shut down in 2009. :D I've been waiting 2 years for that moment. 2009 is the year that dream comes true.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Lets not forget all those defaults on the CRAs files. Put on by DCAs who cannot produce any WRITTEN proof of any debt whatsoever. Lets declare war on the CRAs this year for all their unproveable defaults Lets hit them where it hurts, Their Bank Accounts. Punish these apologists for DCA ****. Show them they need to stick to the rules as well. The law applies to them all.

The thing is ODC...the DCA fools dont realize the damage they are doing themselves to the wider economy by putting all these defaults on files etc..

It simply means more & more people will find it difficult to get any sort of credit & therefore the wider economy suffers even more ;)

I agree Mr Ton.

I really dont want or need any Credit but I think its wrong that some Agency thinks they are above the law in deciding who gets credit and who doesnt based on information put on Credit Refernce Files by some DCAs purely as an act of malice when they cannot bully money out of someone.

comutersaysno.jpg

That can only lead to us getting at least one of them shut down in 2009. :grin: I've been waiting 2 years for that moment. 2009 is the year that dream comes true.

That brings us back to the 13.

Some have taken heed, (they run for it as soon as you put in a formal complaint). Others like 1st Crud, who must be one of them, don't appear to give a toss.

We will see.

David

That brings us back to the 13.

Some have taken heed, (they run for it as soon as you put in a formal complaint). Others like 1st Crud, who must be one of them, don't appear to give a toss.

We will see.

David

That could be false bravado on the part of Uncle Bob. Already we see signs of the paramilitary wing CONnaught being brought to account so it can only be a matter of time befor the authorities turn their attention towards Worst Credit. They should have sold it last year when they had the chance. Bet its not worth as much now. Yet again GREED plays a part.

I had a bint from Iqor try and tell me that my harassment by phone letter didn't apply to them, and she could call me as often as they liked. She even said she was putting a note on the computer so I get even more calls. :D

Did you by any chance record this call?

p.s. I'm halfway thrugh doing the vid, but gotta go out to panto with the kids. I'll be glad to get back to work for a break! Should be completed next day or so.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Who's that, behind you? ;) It's Uncle Bob from 1st Credit boys and girls.....

Altogether now......BOOO HISSS

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I agree mr.ton, 2009 will be the Year of the CAG as problems get worse throughout the year; I've heard someone say that financially it will be the worst year of the 21st century.

As for CRAs.......I'm building up courage to check my reports before doing battle to remove numerous defaults that will knacker the re-mortgaging mid 2009.

Just makesure everone keeps up the anecdotes so that we can keep all the threats in perspective:D

There's already rumblings that the OFT will be investigating debt collection practices. Hopefully it will be along the lines of the bank and credit card charges, and the DCA's get a good kick in the knackers.

It's important that we all complain to the OFT, FOS, and TS whenever we can. It might not seem to do much on a personal level, but if we flood them with hunderds and thousands of compaints, then they'll have no choice to do something. Especially if we start to get good media coverage too.

CAG has had some excellent media coverage in the past, now times are tough, we can easily get a lot more.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Couldnt agree with you more, but will these reveered organisations actually do anything?

Possibly yes, if the volumes of complaints increase.

Just to clarify, which organisation looks into what?

Original DCA fails to provide CCA Trading Standards and OFT

If fails to comply with a request for complaints proceedure after 8 weeks have passed Financial Services Authority

Original DCA passes it on

Info Commissioners

Please correct and add any further points, cant quite remember all the options, but this may be useful as an aide memoire

At the moment they seem to do very little.

The DCA's/Banks/creditors have for years got away with everything. Now people are waking up and starting to fight back. For us it's a new thing, for them its been going on for a long time.

For the OFT and FOS they were used to fobbing people off with excuses because when you're in an average job dealing with people you don't know, or care about on a personal level, then why step out of line and deal with a complaint properly, and have to actually do some work? Most are lazy. We've all done it, and cut a few corners at work if you know you can get away with it.

For years the OFT etc have been this way, but now people are becoming aware of their legal rights, and won't take no, or a feeble excuse for an answer.

Soon they will have to act. But only if people on this forum and others like it stand up for themselves. For years banks and dca's have relied on people being lazy and unaware of their legal rights. Now the tide is turning.

Complain until your keyboard and printer are worn out. The more who complain and demand justice the better. Then the ones who matter will start listening.

Ordinary people are ignored until they stand together as one. Then the minority become the majority and take control of an unjust situation.

If you sit and whine that no matter what you do or say will be ignored, then that is what will happen.

Stick together, and given time, WE will achieve what we want as an individual group.

• Haha 1

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks