Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont Call centres have some sort of filter against loud noise input?

and might not using something like an air horn be construed as Assault?

only concerned that whilst it is so tempting to maim and mutilate the Barstewards, it might be counter productive

nope they dont they have filtering if the line is engaged or just rings out. i have worked in a few call centres in the past none of them were dca's all technical support, i was thinking of getting some clown music of mbna for their next call which would be ended by a loud wistle

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i dont care if they have a filtering system or a air horn could be construded as assult i pay the phone bill not them if they want to ring me then they can pay my phone bill end of. I will tell them that.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Im thinking of sending a subject access request to Metropolitan Collection Services Ltd (aka HSBC Collections) for thier mess up with my account to see the full extent of the mess they put themselfs into with regard myself. Back in 2002 I was contacted by their solisitor in the US called SL Bluestone who collected over £1400 from myself last year and the reason why i joined cag was i was contacted by lowell saying i owed hsbc money it turned out i had paid someone elese debt with the same name Metropolitan had to correct this fast but they at first claimed to know nothing about it until i showed an email from bluestone and they went s**t and repayed me the diffrence between the 2 debts I wonder could I score even higher now by getting a Subject Access Request and see what was the full extent of the mess.

Any ideas is it worth giving them a bloddy nose or just leave it?

I am just sorting my mess and I am asking the Mods to move your post

Where you will get the advice you need

junesgingerbreadiced.jpg

Never fear, Fuzzybobble is here. (with some tubes of coloured icing) :-D

Oh yes, much better than I could have done!! I'll bake 'em, you ice 'em!

In my recipe book they are referred to as 'gingerbread people'. Still gingerbread men to me. Or 'mon' as is the local way to say it ;)

Oh you guys have so much fun with your calls from DCAs. I'm half tempted to actually give them my phone number just so I can get in on the fun :rolleyes:

Dont Call centres have some sort of filter against loud noise input?

and might not using something like an air horn be construed as Assault?

only concerned that whilst it is so tempting to maim and mutilate the Barstewards, it might be counter productive

yes I can confirm if you use a airhorn and damage someones ears you could be in for it for assault.

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

I have just read this from post 1. Taken me nearly a week. I havents laughed so much since do not know when!

FB et al you are brilliant. It makes me want DCA's to phone me. Unfortunately they never do :Cry:.

I have had Lowells chasing me for a statute barred debt for 18 months, they will not accept it is a dead debt, wallys. Still there letters keep the compost bin going.

as i said i dont care because i pay the bills now if they want to harrass me then they should pay my phone bill.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Yep, I just invoiced Iqor for having to waste my time answering a total of 23 phone calls and having to write two letters to them regarding an account in dispute that was recently passed onto them.

Their bill. £125 :D

With a little reminder at the bottom of the letter, that failure to pay within 10 days may result in the acount being passed to a DCA. :p

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Yep, I just invoiced Iqor for having to waste my time answering a total of 23 phone calls and having to write two letters to them regarding an account in dispute that was recently passed onto them.

Their bill. £125 :D

With a little reminder at the bottom of the letter, that failure to pay within 10 days may result in the acount being passed to a DCA. :p

I invoiced AK for 74 pounds so far 35 pound per hour or part of for having to reply to thier letters this times 2 = 70 and 2 pound per letter and postage so far 2 letters with a note on the bottom saying failure to pay within 15 days the invoice will be charged an intrest rate of 15% and I will take legal action against them for non payment. Should take the smug look off their faces.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in a dca to see what goes on there. Intrum Justica are only down the road from where i live maybe I will go in as a spy for cag.

Intrum Justica are only down the road from where i live maybe I will go in as a spy for cag.

I could do with some pics of DCA offices for a future video project. If you could get a pic of their offices, if possible with a logo and sign somewhere in the pic also. :D

I need a scan of a front cover of Credit Today if someone could be so kind. :D

I've started my xmas holidays today and have 2 weeks off, so busy with a few new DCA video projects.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Scarlet Pimpernel has an excellent picture of the closed up offices of Robinscum Way in Northern Ireland and DMD has a lovely pic of their Main Threat Centre at Mount Street Manchester.

Thanks for that info. Time to start a new thread for this one. I have a feeling I could get enough pics to expand on my original idea. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I could do with some pics of DCA offices for a future video project. If you could get a pic of their offices, if possible with a logo and sign somewhere in the pic also. :D

I need a scan of a front cover of Credit Today if someone could be so kind. :D

I've started my xmas holidays today and have 2 weeks off, so busy with a few new DCA video projects.

Fuzzy,

There was a thread on this back along. I'll try and find it.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Thanks for those peeps.

So far I have credit today cover

Apex

Link

Robinson way

Moorcroft

1st Credit

Anyone fancy nipping outside and burning a few scanned and printed Moorcroft letters? :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

www.uk-debtcollection.co.uk/

Interesting quote from the above site.

It is a well known fact that more companies use UK Debt Collection Agencies now than ever before simply because they find that the 'Court Process' method of recovering debts is too lengthy, too expensive and too ineffective.

FACT - Less than 20% of the total value of CCJ's are actually recovered.

FACT - Over £900 million is lost every year in unpaid County Court Judgements.

FACT - In one year 600,000 Court orders were aborted worth £20 million.

The last fact means each court order was worth around £33-00. :D

How thick do these DCA's get? 1st Credit's video quoted a laod of figures that didn't add up. Now this lot is just as bad.

Is the inability to do basic maths beyond the average DCA employee then?

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Hmmmmmmm

I would bet the majority of court actions for debt are brought either by, or on the recommendation of DCA's.

I would also suggest a major reason for the number of aborted claims is that there was no legal establishment for the actions anyway.

Talk about self advertising claptrap.

David

Here at the UK Debt Collection Bureau, we act independantly providing.....

They can't spell either. What a howler for the opening sentence.

Nor is their grammar up to scratch: It is a well known fact that....

It is a well-known fact that if you use two words to describe the following word, those two words should be hyphenated.

If I was a businessman I would ignore this lot completely because I wouldn't trust anyone who can't get the basics right.

Fred

Nice one Fred. :D

When we get our company website up and running after crimbo, I'm going to get you to do the proof reading. ;)

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Oh dear:

FACT - UK Debt Collection Bureau does not appear on the OFT database of Consumer Credit Licence holders

FACT - UK Debt Collection Bureau does not appear on the Information Commissioner's database of registered data controllers

FACT - UK Debt Collection Bureau's website comes back to these clowns, who are apparently 'No 1 for UK Debt Recovery' - just like all the others.

Federal's website is notable for its poor spelling and grammar; the 'professionals that are used by the professionals' have not managed to be professional enough to ensure that their website complies with the Companies Act.

Turning back to UK Debt Collection, they say:

All our members

are members of the Credit Services Association and all of them haved passed strict UK Debt Collection Bureau guidelines that are in place.

The "strict UK Debt Collection Bureau guidelines" do not appear on the website. It would be interesting to see them, not least because claims pertaining to fake codes of practice are an offence under CPUTR.

From questions & answers on 'these clowns' website.

A8 : Why do we have to pay an upfront administrative fee?

We did not used to charge an admin fee but as word spread about our excellent services, we started to get passed all types of Debts that were not even collectable so therefore an introductory administrative fee was necessary to deter timewasters.

In addition, we go to the lengths that others do not and this is directly reflected in our extremely high recovery rate.

In return for a nominal admin fee, you will receive the full service of our highly respected Collections Team and our Legal Teams, who are on all for any further assistance should you require it. This administrative fee is a one off payment as if a small fraction of the legal fees normally charged for undertaking such services.

Think it should read:

'cos then we get paed even if we sit arouned on our baksides and do absalutly nuffink...........turkey.

David

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks