• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was bored earlier today. So I decided to apply online for a job as a threat monkey at Cabot.

Here is my online appication......

cabotapplication.jpg

And here is the piccie I attached posing as my C.V.

DILLIGAF-PRPzoom1.jpg

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

FB - hurry with youtube posts....pmsl at all your previous posts. Showed them to the Hubby (who was always worried about DCA's as well - until now) and he can't believe your cheek :p

Thank god for CAG :)

:D

The new batch of calls in mp3 format and suitable images for the peeps who were unlucky enough to be on the other end of the phone have been sent to Locutus, so he's probably working on them at this present moment. There's about 8 mins worth of material to animate, and I know from my DCA video project that it's not a quick process.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I got me a new DCA to play with. :D

Got a message left on the phone asking me to call tracy and a 0845 number. :rolleyes: Little bit of a search on "who calls me" website and up come IQOR. Not sure which one of my 7 unenforceable alleged debts it's for yet, but I'll be waiting for them to write and threaten me with something before I Fuzzybobble them. :D

Anyone know what IQOR are like to deal with? Any angry teens in the call centre with too many hormones who would like a fuzzybobble style call?

• Haha 1

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I was so happy yesterday when I spoke to Mandy at Capquest, I could tell how fed up of me she was (yes, I was repeating the same thing over and over) and ended up with my mum in hysterics (I like to make sure they are on speakerphone when I speak to them). Do DCAs go out of their way to employ extremely thick people I wonder. They are so easy to wind up though...

Fuzzy B, re Iqor ( or IGOR if you prefer :))

They are particularly obtuse and need repeated and sustained slapping

I cannot say what they are like on the phone, as I only had one call from them ( prior to threat-o gram mark one letter) saying that they were a company in Preston, but as I said I had not yet received any letter from them the conversation was very brief.

However, they kept on and on trying to pursue an account which had been defaulted ( on a CCA) by two others full term - and this is under the old 12+2+30 timeframe, Just didnt seem to understand basic english, and kept writing again and again until I told them on the 4th copy of the "Bemused" letter, printed ALL in red that if they did not cease and desist, go forth and multiply, I would proceed with criminal charges against them, severally and individually under the Prot Harassement, Admin of Justice, Malicious Comms etc etc and I would have them in the Magistrates Court no messing, after a while they faded away, and on this matter, I have heard no more from them.

Hope this may forewarn you, they sure seem ripe for a verbal massacre

Regards

VenDem

As I have said, I found them particularly stupid

I got me a new DCA to play with. :D

Got a message left on the phone asking me to call tracy and a 0845 number. :rolleyes: Little bit of a search on "who calls me" website and up come IQOR. Not sure which one of my 7 unenforceable alleged debts it's for yet, but I'll be waiting for them to write and threaten me with something before I Fuzzybobble them. :D

Anyone know what IQOR are like to deal with? Any angry teens in the call centre with too many hormones who would like a fuzzybobble style call?

Fuzzy,

They're pussycats, you should have lots of fun with this lot. For a kick off, they will tell you their name as an individual and say that they're calling from Preston, but they won't tell you the name of their firm "for data protection reasons".

I saw them off quite easily on my BoS Preference Card and now I'm dealing with them on my MBNA account - it's gone very quiet.

Frankly, you'll be having a battle of wits with the unarmed.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Do DCAs go out of their way to employ extremely thick people I wonder.

I don't think they go out of their way, no. They have to employ whoever they can get hold of and that means Mcdonals rejects and Care in the Community cases.

Regards.

Fred

• Haha 1

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I don't think they go out of their way, no. They have to employ whoever they can get hold of and that means Mcdonals rejects and Care in the Community cases.

Regards.

Fred

I must say, I have asked places before if they need staff a0 to pay the debt & b) because I pride myself on customer service and could teach them a thing or three. They have never taken me up on it though. I wonder why ;)

It amuses me that when you point out that their customer service sucks (which I have done a number of times) they reply with 'you are not our customer' leave me the hell alone then!!!

Inspired by this thread I telephoned Eurodebt Services, after receiving a wonderfully yellow envelope with coloured writing, and matching yellow paper inside. The call centre drone actually admitted YES to a particular question and a letter is going out asking for copy of that call... their letter was in breach of data protection anyway but I didn't bother with that.

On a side note does anyone know when CCJ information enters 'the public domain?' as thats where they claim they got this incorrect info from?

I've had 3 DCA's in under 2 weeks now.

I'm getting the DCA letters before my credit report has arrived. It's been 3 weeks since I requested it. :D

JB Debt Recovery (1st fuzzybobbling & mere amatures.)

IQOR (about to be fuzzybobbled firs time on monday.)

Moorcroft (6th slapping on monday. They never learn.)

I'll record all the calls, just in case I can get one of them to shout some abuse at me. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

On a side note does anyone know when CCJ information enters 'the public domain?' as thats where they claim they got this incorrect info from?

Not sure if it's when judgement is given or after 28 days, either way the court lists are published.

David

After reading this thread me and my other half have concocted an amusing way of dealing with skycard, we have just carried this out and thought we'd share!

Skycard "can I speak to ***"

Me "Whose calling pleasee?"

Skycard "Skycard"

Me "Certainly I'll just put you through"

Holds phone up to speaker on computer with music set at just the right part of the song, Axl rose blares out with "Are you ****ed off cos your daddy gets more pussy than you? **** you suck my ****ing dick"

Me "Thank you for calling, have a nice day"

I hang up.

Looking for song suggestions people! Need to offer something orignial for each call!! Also what time should they stop calling on a Sunday?

Have another senario planned where I start shouting for a nurse to come and speak to the "scary man/woman" on the phone (obviously will do a voice for this.

My son had the idea of asking them to "pulsa uno para idioma espanyol" then babbling on in Spanish.

It's actually so much fun we're almost looking forward to the next call!!

Jo

iQor :: Home

if u google them a list of CAG abd MSE thread come up aswell

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

After reading this thread me and my other half have concocted an amusing way of dealing with skycard, we have just carried this out and thought we'd share!

Skycard "Skycard"

Holds phone up to speaker on computer with music set at just the right part of the song, Axl rose blares out with "Are you ****ed off cos your daddy gets more pussy than you? **** you suck my ****ing dick"

I hang up.

Looking for song suggestions people! Need to offer something orignial for each call!! Also what time should they stop calling on a Sunday?

Have another senario planned where I start shouting for a nurse to come and speak to the "scary man/woman" on the phone (obviously will do a voice for this.

My son had the idea of asking them to "pulsa uno para idioma espanyol" then babbling on in Spanish.

Jo

This would be my choice: humyo.com - Victoria Wood - Wanchors.mp3

Regards.

Fred

It would be nice to get some of this lot google bombed but unfortunately I have no idea how to go about this. I do know it is effective. As an example, try this: type "french military victories" into google and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button. Absolutely bloody hilarious. It gets better when you follow the suggested link.

I would love to do something like that to Blair Oliver & Scott (if they had a web site) or Credit Solutions.

Regards.

Fred

It would be nice to get some of this lot google bombed but unfortunately I have no idea how to go about this. I do know it is effective. As an example, try this: type "french military victories" into google and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button. Absolutely bloody hilarious. It gets better when you follow the suggested link.

See what you mean Fred, I put in 'ethical bank'

It came up with a bank I've never heard off!!!

Obviously the ones we know and love don't make the grade.

david

Skycard "Skycard"

I hang up.

Jo

I kinda miss them calling me now :rolleyes:

I kinda miss them calling me now :rolleyes:

I was missing them too, until I sent for a copy of my credit file from Experian. Now I have 4 more to play with, and waste their time and resources. :D

I may look cute and innocent, but they say they are the ones to watch out for. Especially me. :D I'm a Bad boy, and damn proud of it. :p

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I was missing them too, until I sent for a copy of my credit file from Experian. Now I have 4 more to play with, and waste their time and resources. :D

I may look cute and innocent, but they say they are the ones to watch out for. Especially me. :D I'm a Bad boy, and damn proud of it. :p

Ahhhh I knew there was a reason to give Experian money!!!! More funs!! :D

I know I shouldn't, but I do enjoy winding them up. They make it so easy though!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks