Cheekiness towards a DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wondered if anyone has, after sending the very stern section 10 of DPA to a DCA or whoever, actually taken official action after the time frame?

I have recentley sent off a couple, and as you might expect they have received no respose, acknowledgement or comment

What might be the proceedure to take legal action in a court ? or is it simply notify Info Comms?

Just curious

Thanks

Absolutely right, and it's nothing new, this was foreseen as a disaster waiting to happen at least a decade ago.

Your salary will almost certainly be paid into a bank, monthly so they benefit from 'the interest' - most pensions and benefits are now paid directly into a bank - it's cheaper, in most cases, to pay bills by direct debit through a bank - the bank probably own your house, you are just renting it from them - and they get some very generous tax breaks etc to encourage them to set up and stay in the UK, so that loan you had from the bank was, to a certain extent, your own money anyway.

There is no money to give certain treatments to cancer patients etc on the NHS, and there was no money to rescue struggling manufacturing industries which one by one have gone down the tubes or moved eastward. So why is there always enough in the kitty to wage what appear to be fairly pointless wars, rescue banks and financial institutions who created their own mess AND still pay the executives millions of pounds in bonuses using OUR money?????

Perhaps I'm just getting old and miserable...:confused:

Hi DannyBoy long time no speak...

anyway a brilliant book to read on this subject is "the Globalization of Poverty and the new World Order " by Michael Chossudovsky

quite an insight into whats been happening these past 30 odd years inc the current stuff. Here is some text taken from the "Preface Page" . it sets the scene

...Barely a few weeks after the military coup in Chile on September 11Th 1973, overthrowing the elected government of President Salvador Allende, the military Junta headed by General Augusto Pinchet ordered a hike in the price of bread from 11 to 40 escudos, a hefty overnight increase of 264%. This economic shock treatment had been designed by a group of economists called the "Chicago Boys" .

At the same time of the military coup, i was teaching at the Institute of Economics of the catholic University of Chile, which was a nest of Chicago trained economics, disciples of Milton Friedman. On that September 11, in the hours following the bombing of the Presidential palace of La Moneda, the new military rulers imposed a 72-hour curfew. When the University reopened several days later, the "Chicago Boys" WERE REJOICING.Barely a week later, several of my colleagues at the institute of Economics were appointed to key positions in the military government.

While food prices had skyrocketed, wages had been frozen to ensure "economic stability and stave off inflationary pressures". From one day to the next, an entire country was precipitated into abysmal poverty: in less than a year the price of bread in Chile had increased thirty-six times and eighty-five percent of the Chilean population had been driven below the poverty line.

These events affected me profoundly in my work as an economist. Through tampering of prices, wages & interest rates, peoples lives had been destroyed; an entire economy had been destabilized. i started to understand that macro-economic reform was neither "neutral" - as claimed by the academic mainstream - nor separate from the broader process of social and political transformation. In my earlier writings on the Chilean Military Junta, i looked upon the so-called "free-market" as a well organized instrument of "economic repression"

here , there is more...

i had arrived in Lima at the height of the 1990 Election campaign. The county's economy was in crisis. The outgoing populist government of President Alan Garcia had been placed on the IMF "black list". President Alberto Fujimori had become the new president on the 28th July 1990. And barely a few days later "economic shock therarpy" had struck - this time with a vengeance. Peru had been punished from not conforming to IMF diktas: the price of fuel had been hiked by 31 times and the price of bread increased by 12 times in a single day. The IMF - in close consultation with the US Treasury - had been operating behind the scenes. These reforms carried out in the name of "democracy" - were far more devastating than those applied in Chile & Argentina under the fist of military rule.

.... "

this book covers so much and it also give a fascinating insight into whats happening now.. how it was planned and it all started

no, i am in no way related to the author nor do i benefit if anyone buys the book.

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]....Please don't bother my master 'cos my sister & I might bite you...

I DO NOT offer legal advice

-

"I just say what I say because everyone is entitled to my opinion!"

Absolutely right, and it's nothing new, this was foreseen as a disaster waiting to happen at least a decade ago.

Your salary will almost certainly be paid into a bank, monthly so they benefit from 'the interest' - most pensions and benefits are now paid directly into a bank - it's cheaper, in most cases, to pay bills by direct debit through a bank - the bank probably own your house, you are just renting it from them - and they get some very generous tax breaks etc to encourage them to set up and stay in the UK, so that loan you had from the bank was, to a certain extent, your own money anyway.

There is no money to give certain treatments to cancer patients etc on the NHS, and there was no money to rescue struggling manufacturing industries which one by one have gone down the tubes or moved eastward. So why is there always enough in the kitty to wage what appear to be fairly pointless wars, rescue banks and financial institutions who created their own mess AND still pay the executives millions of pounds in bonuses using OUR money?????

Perhaps I'm just getting old and miserable...:confused:

Excellent Post Mate.

Why do the Government bail out these greedy bankers when our once great health service is crumbling around them. For years the banks were making a fortune by speculating on the world money markets. However now when they get their fingers burnt its left to the good old British Taxpayer to foot the bill. I wonder if after 6 months of making money at the bookies I suddenly hit a losing streak would the government cover my losses. I think not!!!!!

• Haha 1

greetings all from one of the oldies on this thread , not been on for a longtime so catching up as we speak .

Good to see the DCA's still getting loads of grief , FB thanks for the PM .

Gonna start a new thread today about the leeds lot , have a read .

regards

and like OASIS sang its good to be back

LB

CAG v dca

CAG EVERYTIME .....

KEEP RIGHT ON TILL THE END OF THE ROAD ........

Wow- I feel like Elvis has returned! Welcome back, LB!

Can't wait to hear any news.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I'm back too. :D

Computer meltdown. Power cut/surge thingie.

Wiped out my PSU hard disk and graphics card.

I'm now hassling Powergen with a repair bill. :D

Just been reading the 5 pages I've missed. Knickers and football. And a great wanted poster which I have just printed out. :grin:

Guess what?????

I got a letter from Bryan Carter today. :D:D:D

New thread will be started tomorrow as he's added the following to his threat-o-gram to try and save some cash...

"If you dispute liability for this debt please state your reasons in writing and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim. IF you fail to notify us of any potential dispute prior to issue of proceedings and you subsequently file a defence to any claim we reserve the right to show this letter to the District Judge or Sheriff."

Well that is a feeble get out clause if I ever saw one. Should I add to my defence when the time comes, that Bryan should actually make sure the debt is enforceable before filing a claim in the first place, and it's not my fault that a solicitor isn't aware of this fact?

Feedback please good peeps of CAG. :grin:

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

If you've asked them to prove it, and they haven't, and they start proceedings ...

TOUGH!!!

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

"If you've asked them to prove it, and they haven't, and they start proceedings ..."

I've totally ignored Frederickson and Bryan Carter so far. Apart from a certain phonecall offering to pay by christmas card as I don't have an Argos debt.

I also have it recorded, as do most CAG members and Youtube too. :D

How well would what they've written stand up in court? Surely they should check they have an enforceable debt before issuing a court claim in the first place?

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I would cover your back, personally, by sending a letter stating this isn't yours - at the end of the day, the judge may not look too kindly on it (but then again, what could (s)he do?).

Alternatively, and this is what I would do and am certainly not advocating it to anyone else :rolleyes: if I was sure this wasn't mine, I'd wait to be taken to court and then ask for proof under CPR.

Yup, they should make sure - up to you how you want to play it.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I really want to fuzzybobble Bryan.

But if I send a letter scaring him off, then it will all be in vain.

This alledged debt has already been to Moorcroft and I have in wrting from both Argos and Moorcroft that they cannot provide a CCA for the account. Funny as a week after Argos admitted no CCA, then they passed it to Moorcroft who took 6 months and 2 CCA requests there was no CCA.

My arguement is...... I'm sick of sending letters to DCA's who have no CCA but still insist on sending letters demanding money. If one decides to take me to court without first checking they have a legal right to do so, when why am I the one who has to prove I don't owe anything. They should be checking, not me, before starting legal action. Innocent until proven guilty, and I have better things to do than reply to form letters demanding money for debts I don't owe.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Computer meltdown. Power cut/surge thingie.

Wiped out my PSU hard disk and graphics card.

You got all this sorted now? did ya have your files backed up?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

"If you dispute liability for this debt please state your reasons in writing and supply us with documents in support of your defence to any claim. IF you fail to notify us of any potential dispute prior to issue of proceedings and you subsequently file a defence to any claim we reserve the right to show this letter to the District Judge or Sheriff."

Extremely feeble!

On that basis, I could send demands to anyone I felt like, then send that letter to them if they ignore me. It' total B******s!

The onus is on them, not you.

David

You got all this sorted now? did ya have your files backed up?

Most of them. I lost a couple of vital DCA calls though. :eek:

Any chance you could do an animated Ann Robinson for a future project I have in mind?

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Most of them. I lost a couple of vital DCA calls though. :eek:

Any chance you could do an animated Ann Robinson for a future project I have in mind?

I'm sure I can find some pictures of her somewhere that I can animate.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Then you should follow it with a Simon Cowell-like critique of the DCA involved.

"I'm sorry but your phone calls are letting you down. Your letters are threatening but you just couldn't back them up with a decent phone performance. I'm afraid you have to go."

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

FB That Bryan Carter comment is ridiculous, a judge would laugh it out. Its a basic right to defend any claim in court and keep your cards as near or far from your chest as you wish.

I think if I got one of those I would be even more tempted to send the CCA, SAR etc stating that you'll present them with the documents for your defence when they have presented them to you.

As they never can.....

Tossers

Rob:evil:

Pretty sure the man/legend that is FuzzyB will teach them the error of their ways (and give us a few chuckles along the way ;))

PS a quick wave *Waves to guest*

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks