• Tweets

• HI   Ah that little lets downgrade it to a Stage 1 Complaint so it looks like wee dealt with it properly if the Regulator looks at our books/files.   It's a tactic Housing Association use even my own recently tried that and I refused to let them get away with it.   So you respond to the Customer Service Manager NOT BY PHONE unless you can record the call.   To Customer Service Manager   Following our telephone conversation on XX/XX/2021 reference my Formal  Complaint you informed me that my Complaint was being dealt with as a Stage 1 Complaint.   I find this unacceptable as this Complaint was made via T&C online Portal with Acknowledgement receipt from T%C of my Complaint in July 2021 and T&C have now only decided to deal with this after I recently had to Hand Deliver (16th Sept 2021) that Complaint to your Office which is  unacceptable.   Therefore T&C have had from July 2021 to resolve this Complaint as per your own Stage 1 Complaint procedure and I quote:   Stage 1: Your complaint will be allocated to a member of staff who will contact you within 2 working days to discuss your complaint and understand the problem. We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days, but sometimes investigations can take longer. In this case we’ll let you know, keep you updated and agree a timescale for our response with you. As the above has not been carried out and was only acted upon as previously stated when I hand delivered  my Complaint again on 16th Sept 2021 to your Office this is not a Stage 1 Complaint as T&C have Failed to carryout the above Stage 1 Complaint Procedure since July 2021 therefore my Complaint should be Escalated to a Stage 2 Complaint as per your own Complaints Procedure. If T%C refuse to escalate this Complaint to Stage 2 I require full Clarification as to why.        
    • Hi guys, I have recently found this website and have been reading a lot regarding Hermes scandals. Thanks a lot to all the people running and supporting this forum. Doing lord's work. Here is my case, hope I can get some help. On 07/08/2021, I used Hermes service to ship my laptop however the laptop never reached its intended destination.  On 16/08/2021, I had a chat with their representative over the phone to get an update on the situation. I was told they will start a brief investigation to find my laptop. After a long wait, on 14/09/2021, it was confirmed that my laptop was indeed lost. On 25/09/2021, I filled in the compensation form.  On 27/09/2021, I received compensation of £20 + postage of £5.80. On 28/09/2021, I asked them to review their compensation and reimburse me in full. (Formal complaint) The laptop was purchased on 02/08/2021 priced at £1049. Do have a PayPal invoice for it. I did not use Hermes insurance as I didn't have any trouble with their deliveries in the past. The parcel was declared as a laptop. I have prepared a letter of claim to send them as soon as they reject my request to pay in full. Few questions, I couldn't find answers about: Do i need to send email to Hermes with letter of claim or post? Next steps: Wait for formal complaint's response..  Submit letter of claim, wait 2 weeks, then register and issue complain on money claim county court website? Hope i can get some feedback on my letter of claim.   Letter of claim1.pdf
    • See all resources available if you would like to become an apprentice in Coventry.View the full article
    • Funny you should mention it-I have today got a letter from the court telling me the judge's comments 'there is no record of an email of 23 July 2021 with the Help With Fees application' 'the Help With Fees code was not generated until either 21 April 2021 or 18 August 2021 and so cannot have been included in an email sent on 23 July 2021'.  'If you want to set aside the order of 2 Aug 2021(I assume that's the one that no-one vhas received,vacating the case) you must make an N244 application  and pay the fee of £255 or submit a Help With Fees application'.   They don't even know when the code was generated and have no idea whether this was before or after the email was sent to them...    
    • The US carmaker vows to "lead America's shift to electric vehicles" with largest ever factory.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Help with Form 1A!

MASH3311

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Wondering if you could please help me...

After referring to the step by step guide to reclaiming I am now at the stage of raising a claim through my local Sheriff court in Glasgow. I have downloaded Form 1A and have started to complete but I'd just like some clarification as follows:

Under section 3, Defender's details – I have entered the name and address of my local branch of Bank of Scotland in Glasgow, is this correct or should it be Bank of Scotland's head office in Edinburgh?

Section 4, Claim, the guide advises to enter as follows 'The Pursuer claims from the Defender the sum of £ XXX.XX (charges) with interest on that sum at the rate annually from the date of service for each charges, together with the expenses of bringing the action.'

not sure which sum I enter here is it the total charges plus the interest calculated using the first interest rate on the spreadsheet? Also re: the first interest rate to enter into the spreadsheet – I don't want the court to think I am greedy...what would be a reasonable rate to enter or would it be wiser not to claim any interest at all, I am worried that I wouldn't be able to explain exactly why I have asked for a particular rate?! I presume I don't include the judicial rate of 8% at all here, does the court calculate this?

Section 7, Particulars of claim, the dates of the charges - should the first date be calculated as 5 years from when I sent the first letter to the bank or 5 years from the date I completed Form 1A?

Thanks so much in advance

Michelle

Under section 3, Defender's details – I have entered the name and address of my local branch of Bank of Scotland in Glasgow, is this correct or should it be Bank of Scotland's head office in Edinburgh?

Think it's correct, with my claims, I put my local branch's details in. Don't think it matters much

Section 4, Claim, the guide advises to enter as follows '
The Pursuer claims from the Defender the sum of £ XXX.XX (charges) with interest on that sum at the rate annually from the date of service for each charges, together with the expenses of bringing the action.'

not sure which sum I enter here is it the total charges plus the interest calculated using the first interest rate on the spreadsheet?

I put...

1.The defender claims from thr persuer the sum of £x,xxx.xx.

2.£xxx.xx. Interest from
date of first charge
to
date of last charge

3. Plus the expenses of bringing the action.

The interest is the 8% Judicial Rate.

Section 7, Particulars of claim, the dates of the charges - should the first date be calculated as 5 years from when I sent the first letter to the bank or 5 years from the date I completed Form 1A?

The date from when you first contacted the bank detailing the charges.

Michelle

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for your quick reply Scott

The interest rate thing had me confused as the spreadsheet I downloaded from the step by step guide says The first interest rate is for interest on unlawfully deducted items up to the date of service. You can use almost any rate you see fit, or are brave enough to claim, i.e. 2% above base rate, 8%, contractual rate, etc. Obviously you may have to justify the rate you use in court.

So does this mean I use 8% here (or any other rate I see fit) and then there will be another 8% calculated on the total by the court - as the spreadsheet goes on to say The second interest rate is for interest on the total claimed at the date of service. You must use the judicial interest rate which currently is 8%.

Then there is a row at the bottom the spreadsheet which says JUDICIAL INTEREST AT CURRENT RATE OF 8% and the figure in this column is £0.00.

Sorry to be a pain but I am scared of looking like an idiot in the courtroom!

thanks in advance

Michelle

Hi, Michelle.

I only used the 8%. In colum F. It's calculated for you as you fill in the Date Incurred in colum D.

The line along the bottom with the Judicial Interest Rate, I left at £0.00.

The total interest I claimed was the 8%. They paid it with both my compleated claims.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi there

I've just started an action at Edinburgh Sheriff Court for my business account and a personal account for my mum and dad.

Firstly, I'd just like to say that the forms you download - make sure you download the forms 1B. You only need to download that form because the first one is the formal copy and form 1B is the form that you use when serving on the defender (the court does this!). I got confused because I downloaded forms 1A and forms 1B. You dont need to download the 2 sets - only form 1B.

Secondly, I sent my form off to the Sheriff Court and got it back. They advised me to use the following as claiming for interest must be set out in a particular way:

"Interest as a secondary crave (first to last) and continuing until payment

1. The pursuer claims from the defender the sum of £x (insert here total amount of the charges you are claiming!)

2. £x interest claimed from (start date of your claim) to (end day of your claim) at 8% annually.

3. Plus interest at 8% annually from (date you complete the forms) until payment.

Insert the above text into Boxes 4 and 7. The above text only should go in box 4. In box 7, I set out the particulars of claim ie the law surrounding the claim etc., and then I added the text from Box 4 at the bottom of the claim.

This has been accepted and is now in the process of going through the courts.

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards

Gemspan

• Haha 1

Thanks for that Gemspan, good to see you again.:D

Regards.

Scott.

Hi Scott

How did you get on with your case against BOS. Has it gone to court yet? Im only now getting on to dealing with the default removal process. I have MBNA, BOS x 3, HSBC x 2, and I think A&L and LTSB will have adverse info on me which all relates to charges. I just wondered how you got on.

Kind regards

Annie

Thanks so much for the replies, they really are invaluable.

I will complete as you described Gemspan and post again when I hear from the court (maybe sooner if I get bamboozled again!). It will be interesting to find out whether the Glasgow sherrif court will allow the case to proceed, so I will keep you informed.

Best regards

Michelle