Court Summons for Contravene Red Light?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5913 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wasn't even aware I had gone through a red light or that a camera had flashed me. I don't drive erratically, that just isn't in my nature. They say they have sent me Notice of Intended Prosecution and a Reminder...Errr! Where exactly! I haven't had them.

They have summouned me to court on the 10th March...What do I do?

Anni x

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Thanks! Ive just had a look at the website. Isn't it all about Speeding Tickets?

It doesn't look very good for me! I've seen some info about section 172 and how they are difficult to defend if you don't provide the info requested in the NIP. I don't understand how I could have provided the info if I didn't know about the offence? Has the charge changed from a Contravene of a Red Light to a section 172? Also, if they did post the NIP and/or reminder, then it was at the time of the postal strike. so they could have been lost.

I would imagine they would have to prove I'd received it just as much as I'll have to prove I didn't. But how do you do that?

Thanks

Anni

Did you look at the "Fightback Forums"? Yes it may look like it's all to do with speeding tickets but if you bear in mind that much of that is camera enforcement you get the idea.

I still think that on balance there are more people there equipped to help you on that than here. That is not to say that you won't get good advice here.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.