dealing with the morecroft group, have I done the right thing.

tgb32

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe them £635 I made a transcash(post office)payment last week, I then set up a standing order to pay off the rest, this saves me time and money.

To be honest TMG have always been good to deal with up until this morning. I took a call this morning saying that I had'nt paid this months payment, I said that I had paid it last week and had a receipt. The guy from TMG said that payments were due on the 10th of the month and was a bit rude with it, I told him that my agreement was for the 12th and if it had been changed I was'nt informed. He then asked what date I was paid, I told him that was a personal matter. Again being rude about it he said that it was'nt and he would have to set up a standing order. By this time I was feeling a bit POed and told him that if he wished to check his records I had set up a DD(Imeant a standing order)last week. By now the guy was very smg=ug and told me they did'nt do DDs, I corrected my mistake and told him that the SO had been set up and the payment had been made. I told him because he was being rude I was terminating the call.

I'm still angry but I am now worried they will demand full payment from me as the issue of this months payment has been left unresolved, although I think it will turn up in a day or two.

Hi tgb,

I know this might sound silly but I have dealt with Moorcroft in the past and they can be rude,obnoxious and greedy...have you CCA'd them to see if they can legally enforce the debt?

( if this is a catalogue debt, etc you might not have signed a consumer credit agreement and if you didn't sign anything they can't pursue the debt or if they can't supply a true copy they can't legally enforce it either )

Is the debt made up of lots of late payments fees, admin charges etc? you might be able to claim these back.

Don't let them bully you or intimidate you so well done for terminating the call :D

Just a few things to think about but things that could greatly reduce what's owed.

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums