Barclays - Old Closed Account (circa 1996) Data Still held - what can i do?

veester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4961 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an account with Barclays which closed in 1996.

I paid the balance over a period of time - and came to an agreement on full and final settlement. :grin:

No CCJ and nothing on the credit file - However when i tried to open an account in 2002 it was declined based on internal information :mad::eek:

Is that legal? What can i do about it? :confused:

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

Better than the truth itself is truthful living.

Hi Veester,

The bank is free to deny a/c facilities to a new applicant based on any info held internally or by an outside agency.

TBH, I'm not surprised - if you paid a F&F settlement, I assume you didn't repay the whole debt after the a/c went "out of order".

What can you do about it? - after 6 years, not a whole lot.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks slick132 :-) Thught as much.

Though arguably why offer someone the offer of F&F/Not paying the full amount and then penalise them for it????

So you might owe another £2000k on a loan when they F&F - But by registering a default you are essentially putting that inidividual into a bracket where they could 1000s interest on any other finance they might get??? Technically bias and against someones rights (my argument anyway!)....One that's being used by a fair few people at the moment...

:-)

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

Better than the truth itself is truthful living.