• Tweets

• Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Hi again all, below is another email they sent me, I just don't want to get in trouble or things to get worse with this crowd but I am taking your advice here. Anyway advice would be appreciated.   I am contacting you again after having tried to contact you both by email on 03/04/2024 and 10/04/2024, and by telephone on 10/04/2024 and 17/04/2024 to discuss the matter in relation to the regularization of the SOLIDWORKS case against xxx our company.   This is an urgent legal matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience - +44 2921 920 296.    If we do not recieve a response before 24/04/2024, we will assume that you are not willing to settle this dispute amicably. The case will then be referred back to our client with whom, ultimately, the final decision lies on the enforcement of their intellectual property rights.    Yours sincerel y, Rhys
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Link/MBNA Claimform - Card Debt Poss statute barred **Struck Out**

rudy1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With these statute barred debts, it is a bit like some of the scenes you see in the spaghetti westerns with the guy with the small handgun (the dca) firing off shots that always fall short of the target, and the other guy ( the alleged debtor ) holding the rifle laughing at the pitiful dca attempts to bring him in range by agreeing/signing some payment deal , and lifting up his rifle for a nice complaint/FOS £400 shot.

The only problem, is a lot of people don't know they have the FOS rifle and think those dca handgun bullets have a chance of hitting them , they don't see these 'warning shots' as really as far as they can ever fire , they don't know they only have a 6 year range :(

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what does this mean drexl spivey, FOS? .help. i'm going to cca letter them tomorrow. Still totally confused as to wheather this is statue barred. last payment mid jan 2002. Funny you should write like this, said to a friend today- feels like i've been up against a wall for the pass month, blind folded, waiting for the firing squad, they now taken a shot and its not hurt half as much as i thought, i've been so scared of legal action now it's happened i don't feel so tense. strange.

The FOS is the Financial Ombudsman Service. It deals with financial institutions ( I believe extended to holding a credit licence, but in our case, a dca. it is always the case anyway) . You issue a formal complaint against a company by obliging its own complaints procedure, and once you have your full and final response, you take it to the ombudsman, for which there is a £400 case study fee wether they are found 'guilty' or not.

cool, I will if i find i have a case, ie statue barred but not quite sure i do at the moment. sooooooo confused. Been trawling through the net for hours to find out what i should do next and still totally lost.:confused: But i know i will fight til the end with this. The debt was £4k ish when they first wrote in february today it was £7k and a bit on the summons

The date the clock of the statute barred ticks, is the date you last made payment or written acknowledgemt of the debt. Not the date they issued a default . Defend it on the statute of limitations act. They are relying on you not showing up in court to win this. You have a cast iron case if you last made a payment or made written acknowledement in Jan 2002.

I was taken ill in 2001, my parents wanted me home so i sold up, moved closer in jan 2002, i know i have not made a payment since, at the latest last payment 23/01/2002 when i was living at my last address. I think its more like 15/01/2002. Am trying to get the actual date from a friend with credit file connects, don't want to link my addresses. There is no absolutely clear guide lines on when the clock starts anywhere. Its very hazy but hope your clock is right.

Just read the act itself, forget about hazy or no other clear guide lines .

30 Formal provisions as to acknowledgments and part payments

(1) To be effective for the purposes of section 29 of this Act, an

acknowledgment must be in writing and signed by the person

making it.

(2) For the purposes of section 29, any acknowledgment or payment--

(a) may be made by the agent of the person by whom it is

required to be made under that section; and

(b) shall be made to the person, or to an agent of the

person, whose title or claim is being acknowledged or,

as the case may be, in respect of whose claim the

payment is being made.

Hi Rudy, This is just my lowly input on this. First of all STOP WORRYING, Ok Ive got that off my chest. Have you send these cretins a CCA request yet? If not why not? There are some great templates on this site to send to the morons. Send it special delivery with a £1 postal order ( DO NOT SIGN THE LETTERS YOU SEND). Also dont send a cheque because they would have your signature. They will have 12 days Plus 2 to give you the properly executed aggreement. After a further 30 days, they will be committing an offence if they pursue you further. Basically, if theres no aggreement, then they dont get any money. No court would issue anything without it. You may well be statute barred also, so thats another string to your bow. Check the templates section for a suitable letter, then sit it out and enjoy being with your family, dont give the two hats any more time to threaten you. Good luck and one more thing Dont worry, as said earlier theres over 170k people in that big corner.:cool:

THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU, I'm welling up, been a totally bad start to the year with this and my sister being ill. I

will send the CCA request tomorrow.

I will be positive and i will let you all know what i hear, thank you so much for your support.

Thank you thank you thank you, going to go to bed and sleep,

(still have that sick feeling) for about 3 hours as just had a baby,

so up all night and so tired,

feel bad because I should be enjoying my new arrival but fixed on the other two big things.

My plate is as about as full as it can be at the moment, I bid you all good night, sleep tight.

Dont be scared of their court threats, if your dates are correct you have nothing to worry about . Hope the sister gets better soon ).

Keep posting here your updates )

Dont worry about these fool dca's, the new baby needs your attention ) .. we will all help you here )

Sorry Rudy, I missed the bit about the court summons, So you can save yourself the £1 now, I have copied this from another thread, So if anyone has improvements please go ahead.

n the XXXX County Court

Claimant -v- (YOUR NAME)

Claim Number: (CLAIM NUMBER)

Dear XXX

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION

I have received a recent court claim from your organisation. In order to file a defence and counter claim I require some information. Given that this matter is now the subject of legal proceedings, you are obliged to disclose under the Civil Procedure Rules, the information and documents detailed below.

The information must be furnished within fourteen days of the receipt of this letter. If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an Order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any terms and conditions that applied to the account at the time of default and at the time the account was opened.

2. All records you hold on me relevant to this case, including but not limited to:

a. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor

b. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with *********.(AMEND TO THE COMPANY NAME)

c. True copies of any notice of assignment and/or default notice or enforcement notice that you or the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

d.Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

e. Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

f. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

g. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

h. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

i. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement.

3. Any other documents you seek to rely on in court.

I will require this information within the next fourteen days. I must advise you that if the information is not forthcoming, it will be reported to the Court that you are trying to frustrate proceedings and denying me the opportunity to file a defence and counter claim.

Yours sincerely,

XXXX (type, don't sign).

Make sure you keep a copy for yourself, and send the Court a copy the same time you send to the DCA. If anyone else has something I've missed please add on

Also, On The court papers you sent out did you state you want a transfer to your local court because you are a 'litigant in person' and you are also requesting a stay because the account is in dispute and you are awaiting documents from that are necessary for your defence.

Dont worry too much if its already sent, I think you can contact the court in question to do this.

hello to you all,

spent the morning putting the letters together,

added a few things,

left out couple of bits,

then got my neighbour who introduced me to you AMAZING CLEVER SELFLESS people to have a read through,

he was very impressed and has asked for copies to go on his website he is putting together.

I feel so much better that i just answered a withheld call, it was only my sister and i wouldn't of talked to the chimps if it was them, but i was not paralysed with fear like i have been. Will keep you posted, away for the weekend but will be in touch again monday.:) Have a great weekend

hello, back from my 48 hours relaxation, to a message from another debt collection agency.

Can't believe it, Link financial must of circulated my details.

This one, again goes back to January 2002,

surely this must be statue barred,

starting to think the law is an A**.

Seems six year rule is not six years!

Is Link allowed to pass my details on?

Does anyone know a letter i can send them, if not I can put one together myself.

Is this legal passing details in view of the data protection act?

Been reading more and more about Link on this website and now starting to think am i a wally defending the court action, are they chancers?

couldn't of been cheap going legal on £7k. ...You know i just can't wait until this is over whatever way it goes so fed up of worrying.

8.30pm and they are still phoning luckily have caller ID.

spoke to a couple of friends tonight and they are advising me to give in and start paying,

my thinking is i'm going to have a ccj now if so i may as well march on and defend even if it is coursing me stress.

Anyone out there with an opion.

Should i give up.

Are they taking a chance?

have i got a chance.

I just don't know.

This statue barred thing,

Every where say 6 years since last payment/contact,

i think its worth giving it a go,

at the end of the day its six years JUST surely its worth fighting.

{think i'm starting to sound deperate):confused:

Rudy, as the debt is now statute barred, it is my understanding that even if they are foolish enough to go to court, even a judge cannot give a ruling on payment or a CCJ. Hold fire, I havent kept up with the thread, but have you sent them the statute barred letter?

You need to make sure that every letter they send you is logged in order, if they do decide to take you to court, dont worry about it, we can help with a defence that will mean that you dnt get a CCJ, they are constantly ringing you because they know that the debt is statute barred and they havnt really much hope of collecting

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Rudy, if you have asked for a copy of the CCA and they can't come up with it, in addition to the extremely likely situation that it is statute barred then you have two strings to your bow. I would suspect they are putting the pressure on because they know they can't enforce it. Do Not give up and pay them.

OK, worst case scenario, you get a judgement and have to pay them what you can afford. And that is seriously worst case - you have two chance cards to play and one of them, if not both, should succeed.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

sorry for delay broadband or whatever it is keeps going down,

yes done the stat barred letter but they say default wasn't registered until september 2002.

my argument is 'not my fault took them 10 months to register it' .

surely i have to go to court if i have a summons, not that that scares me really.

so fed up of going through searches on net and nothing giving me a clear answer on stat barred, apart from no payment/no contact in six years

but its not according to lots of people and sites,

its six years and a month,

six years and three months,

its six years from default,

just don't know when six years actually starts but i'll give it a go,

nothing to lose is my thinking!

I'm not being clear, on a panic rant,

Link have issued proceedings,

which i will try and use statue barred thing and i have cca'd them on friday,

now i have the other outstanding card chasing me all of a sudden,

but that one hopefully must be statue barred?

same time jan 2002

ok, right, you have issued the CPR18 at Link, that is good, they probably wont come back with anything, do you have their Particulars of Claim? if you do, post it up and let us look and then we can formulate a defence, as for the other card, send the cca request, and then we will send the statute barred letter and see where we go from there.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

thanks , having real problems with connect....

Particulars of the claim are;

the cliamant claims the whole of the outstanding balance due and payable under an agreement and/or associated agreements made with the defendent in writing and dated 12/02/99 and assigned to the claimant.

The defendant has failed to make payment as required by the agreement and to conply with a default notice or notices served by the claimant and/or assignor ........

.and the cliamant claims £5,031.58

2. Interest pursuant to section 69 county court act (1984) at a rate of 8.ooo% per annum from 16/10/02 0f £2,160.41 and thereafter at a daily rate of £1.100 to date of judgement or sooner payment.....

....i know i stopped in jan why are they saying sept.

.thank you for your time.

they have to prove that you stopped paying in September, the CPR request will show this

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

have you received something from the court? that will tell you when you need to file a defence by.

Also, if you have indeed received something from a court then you should as a matter of urgency send the letter in post 69 to your creditor

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

yes i have received a 'claim form' with the particulars posted above,

so far i have written to link asking them for cca and load of other things,

written to the court asking for 'change of court as defending'

but i can't see on forms a time i need to defend by presumed from what my neighbour told me i should do it by day 20.

Does that make sense?

Whats a post 69?

sorry i know i'm a pain.