Royal mail damaged my property

Steve Magpie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a curent issue with Royal mail ?

A little while ago I woke up with a start to the sound of a vehicle colliding with my site/work vehicle. on inspection the local RM delivery driver had hit my vehicle, I live/work on a private site so my vehicle is not road registered, the RM driver admitted he had hit my vehicle due to turning the wrong way ? so I contacted the local sorting office and so started a claim for the damage to be sorted.

After some time an assesor turned up to check the damge to my vehicle, he did this and went. some time later I got an email from RM telling me my vehicle was beyond economicle repair and they would settle in lue for £200.

I told them I wasnt intersted in the money, all i wanted is for them to put right the damage caused, they responded saying they dont have to fix the damage and £200 was the only offer they have. They say that because it was a RTA (road traffic accident) the insurers have no obligation to repair.

I am furious, how is it they can damage my property and not have to repair said damage ? and why is it classed as a RTA when it was on private property and my vehicle is not a road going vehicle ( no tax )

there is no question of blame, but they will not repair the damage caused ? £200 will not cover the cost of getting it to a repairers and the cost of the repair, not to mention the pain without the vehicle for the site.

I dont know wether I have any other options,

Please could someone advise me what to do next.

kind regards

Steve

Guest 10110001

You can replace your like for like, or repair it. Just send RM the bill with a deadline to pay.

If no positive reponse then file a claim in the small claims track

The £200 offer is probably to cover their backs and show they tried to seek an amicable resolve with you, but you are entitled to all your losses including deprivation of use of your car - you even rent a car and charge it all on - but its not guaranteed you get all your money back.

The brownie points is that RM has admitted liability with its £200 offer.

• 6 years later...

Paul, you might want to start a new thread and tell the whole story of your problem with RM. This is a very old thread and the thread starter does not appear to have returned to update his own thread :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D