Connaught - I should have accessed forum first!

Warrior100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Before December 2007, I received one of Connaught's threat of bankruptcy demands for payment of a debt. As I had a couple of bad debts from around 2004, I assumed it was one of these which had caught up on me. I never thought to request proof of the debt origin or of their ownership of it.

As I was so 'spooked' by the banruptcy threat, I called (d'oh!) and agreed to make a monthly payment which they accepted. I made an immediate payment over the phone and was to set up a direct debit for subsequent monthly payments. However, once I had sat down and thought about what had occurred I became suspicious and decided not to set up the direct debit but wasn't sure what to do.

I obviously then received a couple of letters from them alerting me to the fact that I had missed the following month's payment. At the beginning of this week I called them (d'oh!) and they demanded payment of the 'arrears' otherwise bankruptcy proceedings would begin. I told them that I would be seeking advice before doing anything. That was the day I Googled "Connaught Collections" and found this forum. Having read through many of the threads, I can see that I've already committed some cardinal sins: making telephone contact, not sending a CCA Request, making an initial payment regardless.

What advice does anyone have please?

Thanks and regards.

Thread moved to debt industry forum.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hello

Having read through many of the threads, I can see that I've already committed some cardinal sins: making telephone contact, not sending a CCA Request, making an initial payment regardless.

:D:D I like your style. I think CAG welcomes sinners, however you must repent and never speak to a DCA again:eek:

If you think the debt is from 2004 you haven't really messed up by paying them as it is not yet statute barred.

However if they can't find a CCA you need never pay another penny, as I am sure you have worked out from your crash course in consumer legislation. There are lots of us on here who have learned a lot in a short time - all to our advantage. Welcome!

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

There are lots of us on here who have learned a lot in a short time -

I will agree with you GL.

June last year I know nothing and was doging the phone and post.

Now I cant wait till the postman comes :D

• Haha 1

Me too HAK - in fact it is really boring these days. I used to sit and look at the pile of letters and usually wait for OH to open them as I was too scared - of pieces of paper :eek: And the phone - well I have to admit I still have a bit of paranoia where that is concerned thanks to nasty DCA's. Keep taking the tablets that's what I say.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

The countdown begins:D. Best of luck Warrior100.

BANK CHARGES

Others