Error in booking Easyjet Flight - legal question??

noodsneeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to this forum, but found it when seaching about consumer advice!

I recently booked a flight with easyjet and upon payment of the flights, I immediately realised that I had booked the wrong return date!!!

As Easyjet don't have a phone number (that I can find) I had to complete their online request form where they are to "get back to you within" 24 hours.

No response.

Tried again.

No response.

Tried a third time, just over the 24 hours mark for this one too now.

I booked the actual return flight I wanted as well because I had made the error and HOPED! that Easyjet would be understanding that because I had immediately realised my mistake, they would simply refund my card and cancel the error that I had made. oops. that was a bit naive of me.

Do I have a legal leg to stand on because I realised my mistake within 24/12 hours of booking for a "cooling off" period? Any advise would be greatfully appreciated.. :)

David.

Guest 10110001

In brief, you booked travel and confirmed travel dates. If the website got it wrong you can ask for your money back.

You can't ask for a refund under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations because Regulation 13(1)(a) says that unless the parties have agreed otherwise, the consumer will not be able to cancel the contract. To complete the booking on the easyJet website you agreed to its terms of business.