Help needed please Re.charges and benefits

verers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some advice please, I really don't know what to do.

In the last 5 days NatWest have taken a total of £205 in charges out of my account.

This began with an unauthorised borrowing fee (which we had no prior warning about) and spiraled from there.

Last year we claimed back the last 6 yrs charges successfully out of court, and because of this they say they will not refund anymore charges. We've phoned countless times and been into the branch to see the manager but to no avail, they really don't seem bothered at all.

Now, we are living soley on benefits. I claim DLA and my husband claims Carers Allowance as he is my full time carer. We also have 3 small children.

All we have going into that account is £249 per week, so you can see how worried I am about this. I know that the charges will continue aswell while we are overdrawn.

we have changed our payments to go into a different account from next week, but I am very worried about the Natwest account sitting there pilling up with charges. We cannot afford to pay it off and close it.

I am absoloutely livid with Natwest, to say the least. Surely there must be something I can do.

Regards

Verers :Cry:

Hi veres and welcome to CAG

I really sympathise with your predicament but, unfortunately, at the moment there is not much you can do. As you are no doubt aware there has been a test case on bank charges which finished just over a week ago. We are now waiting for the judgement although there will almost certainly be an appeal.

If you start another claim (which you should do) it will get put on hold (stayed) somewhere along the line. In principle, you can ask for the stay to be lifted on hardship grounds but, to be honest, we have not had much success in that area.

THe branch managers seem to have very little authority to make refunds. You could try writing to the CEO and tell him your problem. Also write to your MP and the local press. This won't have much short term impact but may help in the general 'campaign' to force the banks to obey the law.

• Haha 1

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Thanks for the advice, its horrible feeling so helpless.

I have already started to get my spreadsheet done in order to claim back for a second time (hoping the test case wins in our favour).

I will also be writing to the CEO and my MP (can't do any harm can it).

Thanks for your time guys

Verers

The same thing happened to me lastyear with this bunch of erm bANKERS lol

It wouldn't be so bad if the stay was equal ( say if you're not allowed to push your claim then they shouldn't be able to keep applying charges and interest - to me it seems one sided before the OFT case as even been settled ).

Rules should have been applied to both sides equally.

Hang in there your feeling of helplessness will soon lift and fingers crossed the light will soon be at the end of the tunnel:)

• Haha 1

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums