Suzywongs Council Tax Problem

Suzywong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in the middle of trying to sort out a bit of a mess also, over a year ago now I agreed to pay my council tax with the attachment to earnings. So every month out of my salary I paid a fixed amount, to me this was great as I hate council tax and begrudge paying it so not to see the money full stop was great. Cut a long story short I left previous employ and started a new job, I wrote to the council informing them and asking for a form so I could supply relevant details once in my new employ. Anway it is now February and I had forgot (stupidly!!), on the 31st January I received a Seizure Notice from CCS Enforcement for the sum of £1400 (I have no Idea how this sum is put together). I rang the bailiff (T COYLE) but had to leave a message - done this 2/3 times before ringing office direct and explaining everything to them and offering a payment plan. They told me it was not for them to arrange anything I had to do it all through the bailiff) but i could not get hold of him for ages, until Monday when he agreed I could pay in installments but it would have to be a short term agreement? Anyway he wanted to set up a meeting for me to sign a few things so I arranged it for this morning. After reading all the posts on here I changed my mind and wrote to the council using Zoomans letter asking for a quick response and I cancelled my meeting with the bailiff. So I am now just waiting for the council to respond, and avoiding the door.

Done.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If I start paying the council direct for this (I intend to start on Tuesday 19th Feb) will the bailiff automatically give up coming or trying to contact me, unfortunately he now has hold of my mobile number? Or do I have to stretch this out and be patient? I just hate avoiding the door and keeping my blind closed, although I can hear in his voice he is not from around my area deffinitely from up north so if anything I reckon he is not likely to visit everyday. I only wrote to the council yesterday and the bailiffs direct using a couple of the template letters on this site how long should I wait before contacting them again?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to keep this up to date, council have agreed to take back debt from the bailiffs and I am now paying them an amount I can afford over 24 months. This was done using Zoomans letter so thank you to him/her. Like a weight lifted off my shoulders no more avoiding the door. Now to sort out one more problem (PPI) and I will be sorted.:grin: