employer debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was aondering if someone cud help.i worked self employed sellin advertising space on estate agents folders.i did it for 2years.the deal was comm only.desperate.he supplied a car which if i did not hit revenue target i would have to pay 100 pounds per week.if i hit then there would be no charge.as time evolved a working relationship establishe by helping out in other areas.eg finishinf off work others had left,training others etc.the weeks i missed target were never deucted from earnings.the sales manager said this was becauase of my worth to the compant .however i had to leave as suffer from depression and i could not cope.he is now pursuing me for 3500 for car usage.he never pursued the debt while i was in his employment .can anyone advise.

many thanx:?

Hi, sorry you are having a tough time at the moment, i am going to ask that this post be moved to the Employment area, where there are people there who will be able to help you.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you are being pursued for this large sum of money - I'm sure it must be a great worry for you.

Firstly, did you a sign a contract where the charge for the car was in the terms and conditions? or did you sign anything at all agreeing to this charge?

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

yyes at the beginning i did.however/it was to be deducted from subsequent earnings .so the following week the amount would be deducted from the commission cheque.,he admitted he did not do this as it would only demotivate the person.in addition in all the time i was there i was never sent a memo or statement or reminder of debt accruing.does this help my case