• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

1st credit and old Northern Rock Loan & Card Sold to Co-Op - SB'd - Scotland

Tartan Barty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4066 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quite right to be cautious with this lot TB, dealing with set aside for daughter and so far they have said they have instructed their solicitors to withdraw the SD (they haven't!) and that the OC have repurchased the debt in reply to our CCA request and if you are watching this first Crud, yes I do mean you!!:mad:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recieved the standard LCS 14 days to pay letter today so guess what........I gave TS the authority to pass on to OFT and the local TS so we will see what happens there! Bring it on......!

Probably printed by the same top of the range threatomatic computer that Worst Credit use

thPCstress1.gif

I have a NR/Co-op cc.

Long story short is that I CCA'd them over 2 months ago and heard nothing. In the interim I phoned to speak to the advisor who basically stated that records over 6 years are not kept.

Basically from what they were saying, anyone who opened a similar account will also find they have not got any "cca evidence" to give you.

Regards

Bank_Robber

They are required to keep agreements until 6 years after the account has been closed

Co-Op have been very naughty.

Is it the Financial Crimes unit of HM Treasury that would give them a slap?

Strangely enough I was just checking this morning when my last bit of meaningful correspondence was with them and this was September 2007 when I wrote the standard go away letter re unenforcable response to CCA request (it wasn't actually a CCA), since then zilch other than statements with added line of the situation on my account is very serious, have been waiting for something more terrible but to date nothing has happened ?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have CCA'd the Co-op for a loan and an old NR credit card that they took over some time ago. I got back an application form for the credit card (:)) and an enforcable agreement for the loan except that parts of it are illegiable and its blatently a computer print out of a scan.

I sent them a 4 page letter explaining my concerns and what I needed from them to retify it. I got the usual 'we are sorry you have felt the need to complain balh blah' letter back.

I then get a reply yesterday with the old you have been paying for years, you have had the money, this is proof enough there is no dispute, we will send it to a DCA etc rubbish.

I could send them a similar letter back but they are obviously trying to ignore my requests.

Anyone got a good, short, [edited] letter when they won't listen???

Edited by jonni2bad

too temepting

Edited by The GodMother

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

There is no point in trading templates with them - they still won't listen. I wouldn't do anything until they try to pursue the debt again. Then I would make a formal complaint to their Complaints Department that they are pursuing alleged debts that are in dispute ( in breach of the CCA 1974, the Consumer Protection Against Unfair Trading Regulations 2008, the Administration of Justice Act 1970 Section 40 and OFT guidelines). Send a copy of your complaint to the OFT for their information. Previous activity on the accounts is irrlevant - you are entitled under the CCA 1974 to ask for a copy of your agreements anytime and if they don't have them, there is not a thing they can do about it.

My on going battle with worst crudit has taken a new twist. I received the standard LCS letter which said that they will not enter into correspondance with me etc to which I sent the 'I am slightly bemused letter....'. Today I get this......

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/Tartan_Barty/LCS.jpg

Can you believe it, they reply to my letter saying that they won't reply......EH? :eek:

I am gonna have to send them a reply along the lines of 'thanks for replying to my letter stating that you will not be replying to my letter and I hope that you will reply again confirming that you will not be replying to my reply to which you won't reply!!! '

Anyone want to add anything?