Myth Buster's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5914 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have any of you seen the TV program myth busters?

It is one of the few programs on TV that I will admit I watch.

Well The idea is someone posts a myth and others try to solve it.

Conclusions of the experiments

By the end of each episode, each myth is rated Busted, Plausible, or Confirmed.

Busted

The myth's results cannot be replicated via either the described parameters nor reasonably exaggerated ones. Often, when a myth is declared Busted, the team will try to see what would be required to replicate the result of the myth, regardless of the facts within the myth itself. This is commonly referred to in the show as "the MythBusters way".

Plausible

Plausible is given under two circumstances:

* The myth's results can only be produced by expanding the parameters within a reasonable (and realistic) margin, or alternatively, if the circumstances needed to replicate the myth are impractical, but still realistically possible. The MythBusters team members sometimes need to set additional parameters that may or may not have been part of the original myth, or they change one or two existing parameters out of practicality and/or available resources, but not to the point of making it completely unrealistic given the circumstances surrounding the myth.

* If there is no documentation of the myth occurring, yet the MythBusters were still able to duplicate it very closely to how the myth was described (such as the myth that states that pirates wore eye patches for enhanced night vision).

The Plausible rating was first used in the second season, but seems to have fallen out of favor somewhat in later seasons, especially in cases where the team could replicate the results within the parameters even if there are no documented incidents replicating the myth, such as "Exploding Tire of Death" in Season 5.

Confirmed

The MythBusters are able to recreate or closely recreate the myth's purported outcome with the described circumstances. A Confirmed myth is usually corroborated with documented evidence of actual occurrences. The term "True" was used in the first season.

Other

Occasionally, the MythBusters give more than one designation to separate aspects of a single myth. In "Bullets Fired Up", they tested whether a bullet fired straight up can fall and kill the shooter or innocent bystanders. They gave the myth all three designations: "Busted", "Plausible", and "Confirmed," based on different circumstances and technicalities they encountered. Other alternate determinations have been used on occasion where results have defied any of the three existing classifications.

Well why don't we start any one got any myths for us to bust?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

I admit it.

I watch it too. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Discovery Channel On Freeview not sure when i just catch it when its on.

Like a pesty spider

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/