Halifax DPA Issue.

Debtmountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On a data protection issue I threatened Halifax that if they didn't willingly provide me with a transcript or recording of a phone call between us I would force them to hand it over with a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request). They wrote back and amongst the other rubbish the letter contained this paragraph:

'Telephone records are not kept for more than two months, and not all of our calls are recorded. Due to the vast amount of data that a voice recording represents, we are not in a position to store calls for longer than this.'

If I can get hold of this recording I will have them over a barrel. The call took place in August 2006. They caused me a lot of trouble. If I get hold of this call I can sue them. Am I stuck here?

• 3 weeks later...

I have had to drop this issue. The ICO wasn't much help. It seems they can say what they like when it comes to old phone calls. If I had wanted the recording of a recent call I may have succeeded, but it still appears that they can claim the call requested was one of the calls that they didn't happen to record. On the other hand, i'm sure they would be digging up calls 10 years old if it suited them. Not good. All calls should be recorded and readily accessible for a minimum of 2 years or something.