eBayer invites buyers to rip him off

Just~me
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

there is a lot of ebay [causing problems] going about all you have to do is look in papers and listen on the news?

A neighbour was scammed out of £300.00 and paypal have refused to give the money back to her to date as the vendor have said they have sent the item and have proof it was recieved but they wont give the evidence to paypal so she is £300 out of pocket.

she is trying to get her money back but the guy wont give the info over and ebay and paypal are refusing to help her.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

To be honest, I have never, not would I, use Ebay. It is a [problematic] paradise. I cannot believe the things that some people get up to there, and why it hasn't been closed down by now I don't know (well I do - some corp will get shirty with the government or civil liberties groups will get all het up)

This is anecdote only but I have an acquaintance who sued ebay (or maybe paypal) for a similar reason. They said they wouldn't give detials of the person who had ripped him off but they paid him once he put his claim in.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

I've got to start a paypal claim, for a mobile phone that my dad bought my mum. It arrived put her sim card in it, it said sim card inactive, took it to be unlocked, guy unlocking said that it had been black listed. So took it to a local Vodafone store who called the Iemi number and brought up the fact that it had been blacklisted as stolen and their for would not be unlocked.

Rang paypal and told us to take it to the police, which we did 5 weeks ago sent all the emails between us and the seller asking us to send it back to him so he could issue a refund, though no chance of doing that he could flog it to someone else. Still no reply from payapl, but they said because it was bought outside of ebay, it would not be covered for the £500, buyer protection.

I am about to send all the emails and letters stating from Vodaphone that the phone is stolen yet again, if I havent heard in anthing in a week I think i will start proceddings against for alowing sellers to sell stolen goods and leting them get away with it. Ok we only paid £90, for it, but thats not the point the guy must have known when he sold it, that the thing would not unlock and their for be useless.

If what we say helps you, then please tip the scales.:cool:

I have dealt with ebay for some considerable time.. I have a feedback of well over 1000. This is scary stuff about the inability to leave neg on buyers. I have been bitten more than once, and I know that I am not alone in this.

I don't use it much now, and I am VERY wary of selling on it.

If you dont like it, I am afraid the only thing you can do is vote with your feet.

to true crusher. I have never used ebay but l have looked at the site. They look good but l have head to my stories about things not turning up and ppl not getting there money back.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Like everything you have to look carefully at what you buy from who.

Bit like a bank holiday market, most will be ok, but a few bad ones cause a lot of trouble.

And as always, If it looks too good to be true, then....

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

• 2 weeks later...

I've used ebay since the day it started and have to admit I love it :D

The best advice I'd give a newbie is read other members feedback thoroughly and if it looks dodgy then it probably is.

I couldn't live without my ebay bargains but I'm one of the lucky ones I suppose.

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

I got bitten once by a [EDIT] but they got caught and put out of business - they were in the USA and kept selling stuff as "gently used" when it was cobbled together with clapped out old parts they 'begged' for from the same people who they wanted to sell too... morons!!! Got my money back too! - okay it was in US dollars but the exchange rate at the time of refund was well in my favour.

So far so good - I usually buy from recommendations and use a different email address and bank account so they can't get my real account, and only keep about £5 - £10 in the second account "just in case".

Guest Screw The Bailiff
To be honest, I have never, not would I, use Ebay. It is a [problematic] paradise. I cannot believe the things that some people get up to there,

Ive not had a problem with Ebay, but I've learned ALWAYS pay with a credit card, and NEVER give paypal acces to your bank account.

Both Ebay and paypal are outside the UK and getting your money back after a failed dispute resolution is near impossible.

and why it hasn't been closed down by now I don't know (well I do - some corp will get shirty with the government or civil liberties groups will get all het up)

The OFT is having a purge on eBay fraud and ordered them to disclose which UK accounts are being used commercially. Traders pretend to be private sellers to exclude themselves from consumer protection legislation.