Angi v Capital One

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5243 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya

I have another thread going on Halifax, but I thought it would be ok to start this one, as I am going to see if Capital one will refund me too.

I emailed Capital One & asked for a list of charges on my account, 3 days later a reply (yes 3 days is this a record?) they have listed the charges, for

Late payment charges & Overlimit charges,

Does this mean I can claim for all of these Charges?

Replies are always received with many Thanks

Good Luck with Your Claims

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Hiya

Thanks for that, The charges seem about right, so here I go again,(already starting my claim with the Halifax) lol. I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but that New Tele seems to be getting closer to my sitting room than ever now lol.

Thanks again

Good Luck

Angi x

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Hi anji, and best of luck! when i get my money back from nationwide my OH wants a new tv and i want nay, need a pair of sofas i dont see we need a new tv anyway, nothing wrong with the old one!!!:)

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya

Just a quick Q's, Im due to send my LBA this week, can some one tell me, is it 14 working days? or 14 days?, Im having a thick moment right now, any help would be nice, & gratefully received.

Thanks

Angi x

Angi x

Thankyou for your reply, Roll on Monday lol, thats when the LBA goes in the post.

Angi x

Angi x

Hiya

Just a little update

Got a letter from Capital One this morning

Dear Angi

Thank you for writing to us about your account

It’s going to take us a little while to look into your situation & come back wit ha detailed response.

Letter goes on to say, I should get an answer within 4 weeks.

Guess this is just a standard letter, so my LBA goes off today, as the 14 days are up today. Something tells me Robert Udy will be getting back to me a little sooner than he thinks.

Angi x

Angi x

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning

Ive just had a look at my Capital One Account

And they have gave me 2 refunds -

27 Jul LATE FEE REFUND 40.00 spacer.gif

27 Jul OVERLIMIT FEE REFUND 40.00 :o

ohhhhh dont it look good? well it does to me lol.:p

My questions are -

Has this happened to anyone else?

if so did you get the rest of your claim paid into your account?

Thanks in Advance

Angi x

Halifax Account 1 + 2 requested statements 7th June, received statements 29th June.

Total Claiming Back £1,190.00.

Preliminary sent 11th July,

LBA sent 27th July. Part offer £152.00 (only accept as part offer)

Capital One requested list of charges by email 27th June 06,

Received reply 1st July,

Preliminarysent 3rd July.

LBA sent 17th July,

Part refund 27th July. = £80.00

Angi x

Hiya

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Im just trying to get my head round my claim with Capital One, they refunded me £80.00 Im claiming £200.00, only problem is they have not wrote to me about the refund, so me being a pain, I rang got a guy, who didn't have a clue what I was on about & kept calling me by the wrong name, so then I asked for a manager, anyway got there in the end, & I was told I should have had a letter by now explaining this was their final offer, (so they think lol) I was also told that if I objected to this refund I had to write to them which I will do, as my money claim goes off this week, but I have to go away for a week, so will sort it out the min I get back.

Angi x

Halifax Account 1 + 2 requested statements 7th June.

Received statements 29th June.

Total Claiming Back £1,190.00.

Preliminary sent 11th July,

LBA sent 27th July. Part offer £152.00 (only accept as part offer)

Capital One requested list of charges by email 27th June 06,

Received reply 1st July,

Preliminary sent 3rd July.

LBA sent 17th July,

Part refund 27th July. = £80.00?

Angi x

Hiya

Little up date.

Thanks to Barracad for putting me right on a few things, as Capital One refunded me £80.00 of the £200.00 I am claiming, but they didnt send me a letter saying so. Well this morning I got a letter letting me know about the refund, so now I can reply to them, accepting the refund as part of my settlement, but I will still keep going until they pay me in full.

Angi x

Angi x

• 1 month later...

Just a little update

Capital One have acknowledge the claim 06 September 2006 & they intend to Defend.

So waiting to see what happens next, will keep you posted.

Angi x

Angi x