current mortgage deal running out

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Our current mortgage deal with Northern Rock is coming to an end at the start of May. I am just about to start looking around for a new deal, but hubby has about 8 defaults on his credit file. We are currently paying very little to his creditors, as all but 2 of them have come up with enforcable credit agreements. We have no CCJ's as yet, but are due to go to court soon, but we are defending. We also have a secured loan on the house.

My question is, does anyone know of any lenders out there that will give us a decent deal, based on hubbys credit rating. We are currently on a 5.69% fixed rate, and to be honest there is very very little room in the budget for any increase.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I assume that you have used the price comparison sites, mortgage comparison sites - Google Search ... that's a first step.

To be honest, with 8 defaults on your records, i think it is likely your best bet is to let the mortgage continue into its variable interest rate period, since it is unlikely you will find another option that is cheaper. if your income is high enough, you might be able to just have your own name on the mortgage... but I honestly doubt it.

I have contacted a site helper ( Sequenci ) who might be able to give you more helpful advice.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

It is certainly worth shopping around. Have you an IFA? you can find one in your local area that might be able to give you a free consultation, you can call 0800 0853 250 or try unbiased.co.uk (i think that is the correct url, i cannot check from work).

Have you tried negotiating with NR directly?

Defaults are not the be all and end all as a mortgage is secured by nature so you may still be able to get a decent deal.