Step by step guide please

andy210000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm a little confused on what to do. i receive letters everyday for demands for payments, now these charges are for accounts which are no longer on my credit file as the 6 years have passed.

What is my best course of action to stop these companies keep ringing and sending me letters?

Step by step please if possible

Thank you in advance

i receive letters everyday for demands for payments, now these charges are for accounts which are no longer on my credit file as the 6 years have passed.

How long is it since you last made payments on these accounts or made an offer in writing to make a payment? Which country do you live in?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

subscribing

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

i live in the UK

Which is made up of several different countries some of which are under English Law with Scotland being under Scots Law. I'll assume from your response you live in England in which case the accounts will be statute barred. I would recommend that you send template M from this link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html Send it recorded delivery. Once a debt is statute barred no legal action can be taken to enforce it and while the DCA can initially ask for payment, if you refuse it is considered an unfair practice to continue to pursue you for payment.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

what do you mean subscribing?

It is just something some people post to state that they are subscribing to your thread as posting on a thread subscribes you to it. Most people just use the thread tools toolbar to subscribe to threads and I would advise that people use the toolbar as that's what it's there for.

:Dok

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/