Cabot -sub forum

volvo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't one.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The threads are still all available, it's just that the debt forums have been refurbished. You should now find all the Cabot threads in the Debt Collection Industry forum.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

There isn't one.

Can anyone tell me why the Cabot Forum has been removed? So much work has gone into developing this over the last 18 months and building a massive force to bring this (edit) to justice now it's just been wiped out. :mad: What the hells happened to it?

Sarah

If the threads are there is it too difficult to regroup them. This is such a good forum it needs its own grouping.

I really think other DCAs should be grouped in the same way. Bring bac k CFC please!

This whole new forum layout is a definite improvement in my opinion. Good job. Alas for the Cabot Fan Club. I had only recently been inducted myself. Uncle Ken will surely be devastated. I am sympathetic Andrew1.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?

This whole new forum layout is a definite improvement in my opinion. Good job. Alas for the Cabot Fan Club. I had only recently been inducted myself. Uncle Ken will surely be devastated. I am sympathetic Andrew1.

Uncle Ken will be laughing all the way to the bank if he sees the Cabot Fan Club disbanded and shreaded in pieces. You can't find one consolidated Cabot Section or any other like Lowells who have also been working hard to bring them together. You cannot imagine the work that has been going on behind the scenes by Fan Club members who have worked throughout the night for 18 months or more to ensure maximum clout hits Cabot.The people we have in our pockets and all the changes we have brought to the DCA industry has been immense and there is so much still going on some at critical stages. Now these threads are spread all over the shop and the impact lost if it is left. People need to know what Cabot are up to and it was all nice and tidy under one roof. we could track and help people through the shi**y world of Cabot and their tricks. :mad: Might have been nice if someone had said or asked us our opinion before doing this given the impact we have had. I don't have the time and neither do any of the others to go searching for all these posts and threads all over again.

• Haha 1

cabot acpoot lol

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

I totally agree with Sarah / Andrew 1

The important of help to people in debt will become more and more important in the coming months. As the credit crunch continues to bite and repossesions etc continue to increase people need to be able to go somewhere for help.

Different DCA's do things differently and the same rules do not apply to all of them. Yes there is a serch facility but by having all the DCA's bundled together this could well lead to confusion and the incorrect advice given to members.

If anyone would care to read Debt Mountains, Seahorses, etc threads it is clear that a lot of work has been done to educate Cabot and there have been a number of important successes against them.

I appreciate given the number of DCA's and the fact that debts get passed around like pass the parcel, but it would be extremely benficial to have a seperate sub forum for each DCA, in the same way there are for Banks.

Just my personal view as a member of the CFC

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

..and even more tbern now that Cabot are looking at Utility accounts, insurance accounts, mortgages, store cards and many they have not touched before. All because companies are seeking to sell of their debt to (edit) like Cabot to raise badly need cash in return for dodgy debt.

People coming here have to know how to deal with them and all their (edit)ways and practices otherwise they'll fall for the same old tricks and (edit).

Let no-one be under any illusions - Cabot are not your friends - never were - never will be and unless these posts are put under one roof again the consumer will suffer BADLY.

The Banks are kept separate, the DCA's are worse than the banks by miles SEPARATE THEM !

My apologies Rory, perhaps that gives you guys an idea of how this drives us crazy seeing all our hard work scattered across the forum. Anyway, I thought you couldn't be had for libel if it were true? :p

This is not my usual terminology as I am sure you know. Just a bit heated tonight, going off to bed to cool down.

Sarah.

Ken, don't worry, you ain't gettin off that easy :D

This is crazy - can we have our Cabot Forum back please?

There is so much helpful information amongst the Cabot forum that is unique to this company - it's a shame that it will get lost amongst the other threads.

I must say I agree with Sarah, Tbern and Rhia - this information was aimed to help people dealing with Cabots.

Whether it's true or not Andrew1, CAG does not have the resources to fight a libel case, even if we won, which is why we have to be so vigilant. Please don't expose us to that threat, or CAG could be closed down.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

And there it is.

CAG has become a legitimate target for Banks, DCA's, Bailiffs and anyone with an interest in the seedier side of life. Having your own contacts on the dark side I'm surprised you are not already aware of this, Andrew1. I think there has been talk of deliberate 'mischief' being brought to the forums (not just CAG) and employees of some DCA's have had a ban on posting lifted by their masters. It's never been more important for the Mods to be viligant.

MrTWS has done a fantastic job of starting out a new site dedicated solely to Lowell Group, and I have no doubt it will gradually become quite a popular site. It's probably too small for Lowell to notice at the moment and let's hope it can eventually draw enough like-minded people together to actually highlight their business practises, and get a result, before Lowell try putting the boot in.

CAG is only protecting itself and it's users in order to continue and that's perfectly understandable and not unreasonable.

Now, take a deep breath and ........... relax. ;)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

And there it is.

CAG has become a legitimate target for Banks, DCA's, Bailiffs and anyone with an interest in the seedier side of life. Having your own contacts on the dark side I'm surprised you are not already aware of this, Andrew1. I think there has been talk of deliberate 'mischief' being brought to the forums (not just CAG) and employees of some DCA's have had a ban on posting lifted by their masters. It's never been more important for the Mods to be viligant.

MrTWS has done a fantastic job of starting out a new site dedicated solely to Lowell Group, and I have no doubt it will gradually become quite a popular site. It's probably too small for Lowell to notice at the moment and let's hope it can eventually draw enough like-minded people together to actually highlight their business practises, and get a result, before Lowell try putting the boot in.

CAG is only protecting itself and it's users in order to continue and that's perfectly understandable and not unreasonable.

Now, take a deep breath and ........... relax. ;)

It is obvious from some particularly new posters quite where their interests lay. No-one apart from my hot flush above, has defended the rights and legal position of CAG than I and those in the Cabot Fan Club. What we have strived to do and have achieved is monumental and I can understand the powers outside the forum in the credit industry wanting to shut us up. We are talking multi-million £ irritation. That's what we are. We are making them account for themselves throughout the industry not just in Cabot. With the chairman of the CSA, DBSG, and all the others downwards screaming "get these guys off our backs" it's costing us a fortune and labelling us 'rogue debtors' they are arguing that we are encouraging people to con their way out of paying their debts. That's their defense..attack !

Well NONE OF US have ever advocated people not addressing their debt, find one post of any of us which does, what we have done is make people ask questions based upon the myriad of information we have uncovered previously hidden behind cloaks of respectability, we make people aware that a simple credit agreement can make a DCA act within the law which is what they should have done in the first place but have been getting away with for years, harassing people when they had no right in law to do so... No, I am not ashamed to make people ask questions or to make the Debt Collection Industry accountable just like BankFodder has encouraged millions to do with the Banks.

I do not play 'politics' I stick to fact and that is what people following our example and our research results are finding out. These Debt Collection Agents have rules and regulations too to abide by and they just are not abiding so we have forced them to account for themselves and they don't like it.

Well, sorry, but that's just tough.

I'll respect the law of the land and of CAG so long as nobody asks me to expect the DCA's to flout them or put pressure on the likes of us to back off - sorry, no chance.. If CAG wants to project DCA's differently and allowing drip feeds of information over a broad forum then that's their choice, it may well work better, but it is the wrong move if it's the consumer they want to help.

These DCA's are a law unto themselves and nobody should ever forget that.

Each and every one of them have characteristics of their own and each need to be viewed in groups just like the banks. Sure it cuts close to the bone sometimes, but uncovering the kind of tactics they use will get hairy and will make people spooky. If we posted all we know this forum would be closed down tomorrow - don't think we don't know that. We can tread carefully, but the interests of consumers are what this forum is always about and that is EXACTLY what we are doing. Informing, exposing, empowering.

Sarah

• Haha 1

Whether it's true or not Andrew1, CAG does not have the resources to fight a libel case, even if we won, which is why we have to be so vigilant. Please don't expose us to that threat, or CAG could be closed down.

I know its hard Andrew but caro has a point.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

The threads are still all available, it's just that the debt forums have been refurbished. You should now find all the Cabot threads in the Debt Collection Industry forum.

Thats a much better idea.

Even no i was just getting to know the layout of the last design.:smile:

If the facts stated are true they cannot be libellous. I would think that the mods will edit out any real nonsense.

However, each DCA does need their own sub section ...like the banks. I think the new layout is very good and introduces some new features but each DCA needs its own section.

There are many just as dubious as Cabot and we have all hoped we have helped people to know their rights not simply dodge debts. I have always been of the opinion that if you accept you owe "whatever" and the paperwork is in order then some negotiation is called for.

However when DCAs buy a debt for peanuts and rush straight to court for a charging order or a statutory demand without any paperwork (and the CCA is key to this) plus chucking in their own unspecified charges then the consumer needs to know his or her rights.

Do not be in any doubt. Millions are at stake for the DCAs and they will try any thing to protect their position.

For ease of information gathering I think separate forums for all DCAs would enhance the new layout and serve an essential role.

• Haha 1

Well said, Sarah, I couldn't agree more.

I am in a great deal of debt and was literally being sucked under by the weight of it, like most people I didn't choose to be in this position, circumstances put me there and it feels like an impossible situation when you are under constant threats from debt collectors.

Cabot own several of my accounts and thanks to the excellent Cabot Fan Club I have gained so much knowledge and now have a greater understanding of how the debt industry works.

I am not trying to avoid paying my debts, but I do expect Cabot and all DCA's to operate within the law, why should proving a debt with the correct documentation be considered a problem? Surely if a fully executed agreement is a legal requirement, the DCA's should be made to substantiate their demands prior to making threats of court action, thay have been allowed to intimidate people for to long and would appear to be frightened of people knowing their rights, why is that?

Please bring back the Cabot forum.

Dibs.

• Haha 1

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

Isn't there a way of leaving it as it is, but then allowing an extra feature for people to view D.C.A's by group as well? It would be like having an optional subforum. I know there is the search function, as someone pointed out, but it isn't really a great permanent solution for those wishing to repeatedly view the same D.C.A.. In addition, maybe the O.P. could have the choice of whether to allow their thread to also be viewed as part of a particular D.C.A. group. They could have a box to tick when they created their thread if they decided to do so. They may not wish to be easily trolled and possibly identified. Maybe this idea isn't technically easy to do. I think it works ok in theory though.

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?