Kind of a word of warning... and a question.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was in London about a month ago, and my best mate and I needed to catch a Tube from Kings X where our hotel was up to Covent Garden as we were going to see a West End Show. It was about 4.30 in the afternoon (ie peak rush hour) and so the queues at the ticket office were unbelieveable. (and there was only 1 window open... typical) therefore we went to self-service machine where there was no queue as it only accepted cards.

I paid for a ticket for myself with my Solo card, and my friend, having no card herself and not fancying standing in the queue, gave me some money and asked me to pay for her ticket. Due to LU's rule that you cant use the same card twice at the same station in one day, I paid using my Visa Debit card. (These cards are held with 2 separate banks, 2 separate accounts. The Solo now is very rarely used, I keep it as a 'spare' account. I was only using it as I had just been paid a nice fat sum of compo by the bank I held it with and was making good use of it :D )

I am very careful with my cards and didnt notice anything amiss on the machine. Until... about 2 weeks ago on a Saturday night, I got a worrying phone call from the Fraud dept of the bank I held my Solo card with, querying an unusual transaction of 121.00 in Morocco, where I have never been in my life! They were really good, and said they thought my card had been cloned, and cancelled it. Thankfully, they had also declined the transaction so my money was safe. I then called the bank I have my Visa card with and requested they cancel my card as I suspected by then it had happened at the ticket machine. Lo and behold, that bank called me the next day to say some debit card transactions had been attempted in Morocco, but as my card had been marked as 'suspected compromised' and cancelled, again the transactions were refused.

By now I was certain that it had happened at the ticket machine as it was the only place I had used the cards together, as my Visa card was only 3 weeks old at that stage and the minute I had that, I had stopped using my Solo, only making the odd small transaction. I have written a very strongly worded email to TFL, saying they need to check their machines. So beware people... I always thought 'it will never happen to me.' but it did.... obviously I was very distressed by all of this... does anyone think there maybe a chance I could get any sort of compo out of them for the distress caused???

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

does anyone think there maybe a chance I could get any sort of compo out of them for the distress caused???

No.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.