Advice needed -Intelligent Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with Intelligent Finance? I have had two loans from them, and have sent a DSAR to get all the information pertaining to these accounts. I received the information for the first loan, but not the second. I phoned IF, to ask why data was missing, and they were very helpful. I was informed that the second loan was sold by IF, but was effectively a Halifax loan -and I would have to contact a different department in Chester to get the data.

I phoned the office in Chester, and spoke to a very rude individual -who didn't understand what I wanted -and asked why I wanted it (I refused to be drawn on this point). They then said they would email the department concerned, and get them to send me a closure letter, as because the account is closed, they wouldn't allowed to send me any other info. I know the last point is nonsense.

So, I intend to send a letter to the Chester office and ask for the data directly. Would it be advisable to send a new DSAR with another £10 cheque? or shall I send a copy of the letter I sent to the Edinburgh office, with a brief cover letter stating that they have had their ten quid, on the 13th January -and the clock is ticking?

PPI successes to date:

Northern Rock £437.19

One down and four to go........

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with Intelligent Finance? I have had two loans from them, and have sent a DSAR to get all the information pertaining to these accounts. I received the information for the first loan, but not the second. I phoned IF, to ask why data was missing, and they were very helpful. I was informed that the second loan was sold by IF, but was effectively a Halifax loan -and I would have to contact a different department in Chester to get the data.

I phoned the office in Chester, and spoke to a very rude individual -who didn't understand what I wanted -and asked why I wanted it (I refused to be drawn on this point). They then said they would email the department concerned, and get them to send me a closure letter, as because the account is closed, they wouldn't allowed to send me any other info. I know the last point is nonsense.

So, I intend to send a letter to the Chester office and ask for the data directly. Would it be advisable to send a new DSAR with another £10 cheque? or shall I send a copy of the letter I sent to the Edinburgh office, with a brief cover letter stating that they have had their ten quid, on the 13th January -and the clock is ticking?

If Intelligent Finance are the original creditor then surely halifax have nowt to do with it? And therefore the clock is ticking for Intelligence. If what you seem to be suggesting is the Intelligence bought a loan you had with Halifax then your SAR will bring up a deed of assignment:confused:

I've just reread my original post, and it does seem a bit confusing!

Both loans were sold to me by IF. The first loan was one of IF's offset loans, where you could offest your savings against your loan and pay less interest on the loan. When I applied for the second loan, IF had stopped selling the offset loans, and switched to a more 'standard' loan.

It would seem from my recent enquiries, that the later 'standard' loans were simply 'badge-engineered' Halifax loans (as IF is part of the HBOS group), these are administered from a different office.

My original SAR was sent to the Edinburgh office, and I received all the information I requested. But it seems this is case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. Each office seems oblivious to the loan I had with the other. This is indeed confusing -has anybody else had a similar experience?

PPI successes to date:

Northern Rock £437.19

One down and four to go........

I've just reread my original post, and it does seem a bit confusing!

Both loans were sold to me by IF. The first loan was one of IF's offset loans, where you could offest your savings against your loan and pay less interest on the loan. When I applied for the second loan, IF had stopped selling the offset loans, and switched to a more 'standard' loan.

It would seem from my recent enquiries, that the later 'standard' loans were simply 'badge-engineered' Halifax loans (as IF is part of the HBOS group), these are administered from a different office.

My original S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) was sent to the Edinburgh office, and I received all the information I requested. But it seems this is case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. Each office seems oblivious to the loan I had with the other. This is indeed confusing -has anybody else had a similar experience?

Then I would now set your clock based on your SAR to IF? Becuase if they are one and the same company then you have served your SAR on them, If not then your agreement is with IF unless there is some different in regards to IF been seen as brokers? I take it from the forum you are in its PPI you are interested primarly in.

But you should get into the stickies take some time whilst the clock is tcking to read others experiences as you will be suprised how much you will learn in a short space of time and you will begin answering many of your own questions.