Bill of Sale Agreement & TFC

shammy02
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

New to the site & hope I’ve posted this in the right place.

Does anyone know what a "Bill of Sale Agreement" is?

It seems I took out one of these with the Funding Corporation when I purchased my car in Feb 04 and that it is not a Hire Purchase Agreement, which I assumed I had for the past four years.

Been having the same problems with TFC like everyone else, loads of phone calls, text messages etc.

Long story short; Lost my job last year, made payment arrangements with them, kept to the agreement of paying monthly plus extra for 3 months arrears (the time I had no income).

Now before this arrangement has ended they are phoning, texting demanding payment, numerous times a day.

BT have blocked TFC’s number from my home phone as it was classed a nuisance call (bother 01244 & 0845 numbers) and my mobile rejects calls from them diverting them to the answer phone.

They have also phoned my office and left messages on the office answerphone from me.

Just to clarify I haven’t ignored they calls – I have responded.

The Car now needs a new Head Gasket costing well over £700 in repairs, which my mechanic (also a friend) advised the car is not worth it.

So I seeked some advice and was advised I contact them with an offer of full and final payment as I was near the end of the original agreement (4 months). The amount TFC wants is £1200 or the car to be returned. I have offered £400, which is all I have.

They are saying they can take the car without a court order as it was purchased under a “Bill of Sale Agreement” and I will still be liable for the outstanding debt.

Can anyone advise on what I should do next and can they do this?

Shammy02

Shammy

I cannot comment on the legalities, there should be someone who will help you out on here. I advise you to do a search on the forums as the question may have been answered but I think under a BoS they can take the car without a court order

If you do keep getting phone/letters email all of the below (ignore the spaces in the email addresses) everytime they make contact from hotmail/yahoo accounts etc. They may ban your email account but set up another one. Eventually they will stop. Make sure that you write down dates/times of when they called. They are breaking the law if they keep on harassing you. See my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/113419-funding-corporation.html for more info.

The Directors:

David.Challinor@thefundin gcorporation.com

Jim.Rowley@thefundingcorp oration.com

Neil.Ogden@thefundingcorp oration.com

The "Complaints" Department:

sarah.curtis@thefundingco rporation.com

lee.rowles@thefundingcorp oration.com

General:

complaints@thefundingcorp oration.com

customerservices@thefundi ngcorporation.com

suzanne.evans@thefundingc orporation.com