Glasgow City Council-Double yellow lines - No PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stirling Park (part of intrum justitia) debt collectors are claiming they are also sheriff officers? Does anyone know if this is correct? If not, they are flouting OFT guidlines? I got a parking ticket from Glasgow council (thread in parking forum) and this lot have been appointed to collect alongwith a £45.15 "expense" charge. Question also pertains to this charge; what's it for and can they charge it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From their website

As Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers we operate to the highest ethical and professional standards and our professional staff are members of The Society of Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers.

Edited by PGH7447
link removed

Glasgow City Council parking fines are £60 (reduced to £30 within 14 days), which makes me think this is a private ticket simply because if the council were looking for money, they would be looking for more than £60.

Whereabouts in Glasgow was this, and was a ticket affixed to your cars windscreen?

Have you received a notice to owner? If so, did you dispute the ticket before or after receiving it.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

Parking ticket fiasco. DC, also sherrif officer, wants payment plus charges. Told them I couldn't afford payment in full, they responded with 3 monthly payments which are still too high. As they are sherrif officers, do the same rules apply regarding affordable payments or can they just run roughshod over me due to their "sherrif" status?

Sheriff Officers are the Scottish equivalent of Bailiffs - if the payment has been set by a court there's not too much you can do, except maybe appeal to the court for time to pay in affordable instalments. It may be that the fine has not been enforced through the court and they are acting just as a debt collector, in which case you might be able to appeal to the council who set the fine to allow instalments.

Sheriff Officers are the Scottish equivalent of Bailiffs - if the payment has been set by a court there's not too much you can do, except maybe appeal to the court for time to pay in affordable instalments. It may be that the fine has not been enforced through the court and they are acting just as a debt collector, in which case you might be able to appeal to the council who set the fine to allow instalments.

Thanks for replies. The payment has not been set by court, stirling park have charged £45.15 for delivering a letter by hand (I was out). I did, through my battle with the council to overturn the ticket, ask if they accepted installments and they refused.

This lot are chasing me for a council parking ticket and have added on £45.15 as their "charge"

What is this for and is it legal? Have posted in parking & debt collectors but no definitive answer as yet.

Hi Zander.

I have two seperate Sheriff Officer companies chasing two seperate Parking charges one is just wanting the 90 and the other stirling park are wanting 135.15. I am trying to find info on how to deal with this so far all info i am finding relates to England and Wales. How are you getting on any success yet with your claim.

Cheers

RFC

• 5 weeks later...
Well each case is different, so I don't see how there can be such a thing.

Yes, I appreciate that however is there not a specific way of writing an appeal letter to a council like you find on legal sites? Hence the question as there does seem to be something available for private parking companies.

Well you didn't actually mention private parking did you? :rolleyes:

There are stickies at the top of the forum.

Bear in mind there is no appeal process. You will just get a standard template letter back saying pay up.

I wouldn't contact them at all personally.

Well you didn't actually mention private parking did you? :rolleyes:

There are stickies at the top of the forum.

Bear in mind there is no appeal process. You will just get a standard template letter back saying pay up.

I wouldn't contact them at all personally.

It's not a PPC Al, zander is definately referring to acouncil ticket (I think ;)) so the stickies won't be appropriate.

Agree there can be no template. Every case is different. Do you want to explain some circumstances etc.

Ideally scan and post the PCN and any subsequent docs.

You may well be missing an opportunity if the docs are flawed.

Is this an informal challenge or formal representations? You will be doing yourself a disservice if you just 'fire in' blind.

-

• 2 months later...

Anyone had BT text messages from DCA? Unless you open the message, It automatically redialls until you do or delete it. This is from Stirling Park, still pursuing me for parking fine despite letter requesting correspondence by letter only.