Transcripts from DCA phonecalls

mr.ton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't normallt talk to them at all, but my last one caught me on the hop and went like this....

DCA : "Can I speak to PriorityOne please ?"

ME : "Whose calling ?"

DCA : "xxxx xxxx"

ME : "From ?"

DCA : "Mercer's"

ME : "Speaking"

DCA : "I'm calling on behalf of Barclaycard. Can you just confirm your year of birth please ?"

ME : "I can't do that, no"

DCA : "Is there a reason for that ?"

ME : "... because I don't want to. I've already told you to correspond in writing only AND sent you a request for a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement under separate cover."

DCA : "... but if you can just confirm your year of birth, we can discuss things now."

ME : "No."

DCA : "Well, we have the right to keep calling you until you speak to us."

ME : ".... and I have the right to tell you where to stick it until you comply with my request"

DCA : "Oh, well that's fine then :confused: .... thank you, goodbye...

:D

It's fine to tell them where to stick it ?... Will have to do it more often then.

I had a strange one a couple of days ago, it sounded like it came from an Indian call centre and despite refusing to answer any Data Protection Act questions the caller proceeded in her quest firstly by advising me I 'must curtail my monthly spending' (I did that some time ago!)

When she persisted; calling me by name even though I had not confirmed who I was I said 'Hang on, who is it you think you're speaking too, haven't you just ignored the Data Protection Act? Telling me all about this persons finances, isn't that illegal?'

However she was unstoppable so I hung up.