Probationary Periods??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently got a new job on tue, things I thought were going well until I was pulled aside and told during the three days that I had made two mistakes and that the general manager and supervisor pulled me aside and told me I wasn't needed anymore. But to add to that I Know that they are taking on a New Deal person whom the company doesnt have to pay for and they get abonus of £75 a week.

I have a feeling that what they did was wrong. AM i right? Do I have any leg to stand on legaly? I believe this is unfair dismissal.

Does anyone have any advivce before I pay for a solicitor to exame this case.

Ps no documents were signed-this was due to happen after the probationary period.

thanks

Sadly with less than 12 months service your options are limited. Unfair or not, you cannot generally bring a case for UD with less than the necessary service. What you have experienced is effectively a termination of contract. Your only option would be to prove that a breach of contract has taken place and to do this you would need to demonstrate that you were not treated in accordance with the company's own procedures. For example, if you were notified on starting work that in cases of poor performance (in your case, making mistakes) you would receive warnings in accordance with the company's disciplinary procedure. You should have received a written statement of terms on starting work outlining pay and basic conditions of your employment. Does this make mention of any Disciplinary proceedings? Even so, with less than a month's service, you do not even have a right to notice, so even if a breach has taken place, no claim for lost notice entitlement can be brought.

It is all rather sad for you, and I would not be surprised if you were being sidelined to make way for a New Deal candidate - I have known it happen, but realistically you have little choice but to try to find something else as soon as possible.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 1 year later...

does anyone know if i too have a leg to stand on i applied for several jobs and got interviewed for all , i liked one job in particular and although it didnt pay the higest wage i knew i would be happier there, in my last interview for the position i was made to promise not to take up any of the other jobs and was offered the job, a few days later my contract came though the door saying job was mine but i had a 3 month probationary period too, i waited for 2 weeks to start then worked for 2 weeks, the day after this august bank holiday i was pulled aside where the manager said due to unforseen circumstances they didnt have any money to pay me and said as they had never employed anyone wasnt sure what to do next, he said he would pay me for that week but i wasnt to come in and then asked me for a favor to do some appointments the next day that i had booked, he then suggested that i now have been given notice verbally and ive heard nothing from them since im miffed as i moved house from one town to another to closer to work, i got my new rented house on the bank holiday monday and found i had no job by the tuesday i dont know what im to do and how i stand with my employment contract and if im entitled to anything and how to claim it if i am

any help or advice will be greatfully received

Alison