Banks are unbelievable!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought someone else might find this funny, maybe not!

Anyway, I went into my bank to request a statement. Although it's the banks fault and I'm currently chasing them to fix it, I've been in unauthorised overdraft to the tune of £346 for 4 months. I've also not paid anything in, in the last 4 months.

After I got my statement, I was asked if I'd like a credit card. I found this quite funny and said, do you have to ask everyone that? I was told the computer flags people to ask. I found it quite funny (maybe disturbing!) that someone who, from their point of view has minus money, would be offered a credit card. :)

Needless to say I declined their kind offer!

Just another example of the banks being irresponsible regarding lending.

I think those days are numbered.

Perhaps the banks view it as a kindness to offer people with negative balances the chance to spend even more than they have.

You know why they do it - the less money a person has, the more likely the banks can profit from them by offering credit at higher than average interests (and extortionate charges / fees that they can apply).

What I really find laughable is that if you had accepted their offer, they would probably decline your application anyway, until such time as you bring your account into positive balance.

Not really joined-up thinking.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I know! It wouldn't surprise me.

I watched BBC breakfast this morning where the APCAS? (not sure) representative was defending the CC companies for closing the accounts of people who were in good standing and how they (APCAS) can't believe they are getting criticised for finally "lending responsibly" and adhering to the imposed and "tight regulations". What's responsible about trying to offer someone who appears to have no money?!

Exactly.

There will be lots more of this behaviour from CC companies as the credit crunch tightens.....Good may yet come of it - I cannot see how these levels of consumer debt are sustainable in a falling market.

But, also bear in mind that the CC companies are simply minimising their exposure to risk by terminating inactive accounts. It's NOT for the consumers benefit, beleive me.

Struggling_Simon vs Cabot - WON

Struggling_Simon vs Abbey - WON

Struggling_Simon vs HBOS - Pending

--------------------------------------------

IF I HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Vigilantibus non dormientibus æquitas subvenit

Somper in excretia,som solem profundus variat.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.